NLSC Podcast #521: No NBA License? No Problem!

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #123 (July 22nd, 2015)

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:22 pm

Episode #123 (July 22nd, 2015)

Hosts: Andrew & Arcane

The 2015 NBA offseason is slowing down a little, but news about this year's NBA video games is just starting to heat up. Arcane and I are your hosts for Episode #123 of the NLSC Podcast, in which we react to the latest NBA Live 16 news, discuss some NBA 2K16 leaks and rumours, and find a few other things to talk about, too.

• This past week has brought us some new NBA Live 16 screenshots, and a healthy info drop by way of a developer blog. What do we make of the latest details?
  • We also received some interesting tidbits by way of DualShockers' video interview with NBA Live 16 designer Ryan Santos.
  • We'll have the opportunity to conduct some interviews of our own with the NBA Live 16 development team in the near future, so we invite everyone to get their suggestions for questions in ASAP!
  • The NBA 2K16 achievements list has revealed some pleasing details about this year's game, and also provided some minor spoilers about the MyCAREER story.
  • Rumours about the presence of college basketball in NBA 2K16 remain unconfirmed, but they're too juicy not to report on and discuss. Do we think it will be a reality?
  • What have we been doing with basketball games this past week? We may have a couple of surprises here.
  • Player movement is slowing down, but there's still some interesting signings worth talking about, including Josh Smith joining the Los Angeles Clippers.
  • Will Becky Hammon become the first female head coach in the history of the NBA?
  • We end Episode #123 of the NLSC Podcast with a mention of a once-in-a-lifetime event.

Click here to listen to the show!

Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off right here in the Forum! Also, if there's a topic you'd like us to discuss in the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.

Never miss an episode by subscribing to the NLSC Podcast on iTunes!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TBM on Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:30 am

Listening now.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:31 am

Thanks as always for the support!

I have been meaning to put up some episode clips on our YouTube channel as well, so stay tuned for those.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #124 (July 29th, 2015)

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:02 pm

Episode #124 (July 29th, 2015)

This past week delivered a little bit of everything: new NBA Live 16 screenshots, confirmed details on NBA 2K16, leaked details on NBA 2K16, and a couple of noteworthy NBA tidbits. Join Arcane and I as we give our thoughts on it all in Episode #124 of the NLSC Podcast!

• We open with a reminder about our upcoming NBA Live 16 development team interviews. Get your questions in ASAP!
  • NBA Live 16 has also been on display at a Jordan Brand event, and EA Sports are inviting gamers in the Orlando area to join in some playtesting sessions.
  • We have our first official details on MyTEAM in NBA 2K16. The game's soundtrack has also been released on Spotify.
  • Details on game modes have also been leaked. We comment on the latest leaks and rumours, as it appears that where there's smoke, there is indeed fire.
  • We reflect on the differences in the previews for NBA Live 16 and NBA 2K16 so far.
  • Ultimate Team in NBA Live 15 has been celebrating Christmas in July, and delivered one of us a nice present.
  • Will LeBron James star in Space Jam 2? It's likely just speculation and joking around, but...should he?
  • Baron Davis is talking about a comeback attempt, while Stephen Jackson is calling it a day.
  • In free agency news, Seth Curry gets his big break, while Richard Jefferson changes his mind...somewhat less controversially than DeAndre Jordan.
  • The Indiana Pacers will wear jerseys celebrating the 30th anniversary of Hoosiers.

Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off right here in the Forum! Also, if there's a topic you'd like us to discuss in the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:36 pm

Listening right now. (Y)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:04 pm

Question for next podcast.
I noticed that over on Operation Sports after the 2K #PROAM trailer people showed excitement but that quickly turned into a few people complaining.

Why do you guys think people continue to make comments such as "...but the graphics haven't improved"?
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:21 am

Definitely a good suggestion, we'll cover that. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:47 pm

To anyone that says the graphics are not improving which I don't see myself but could it be because 2k are giving SO MUCH to choose from in the most complete game package we as fans have ever seen before ?
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:32 pm

We're returning with Episode #125 next week. Hopefully by then, my cough will have well and truly cleared up and I won't feel so run down, so recording an hour to an hour and a half show will be far more do-able. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #125 (August 19th, 2015)

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:17 pm

Episode #125 (August 19th, 2015)

We're back...again! And with any luck, there won't be any further interruptions for some time. Tune in to Episode #125 of the NLSC Podcast, where Arcane and I discuss the latest NBA Live 16 and NBA 2K16 news and previews, a couple of recent events in the NBA, and my trip to the EA Tiburon studio in Orlando back in July.

On this week's show...

• Andrew tips off the show with some thanks for the key folks who got him to Orlando to take part in the NBA Live 16 community event back in July. Lots of impressions and information coming, once clearance is granted!
  • One aspect of NBA Live 16 that can be discussed at this time is the recently announced LIVE Pro-Am. Andrew follows up on his hands-on impressions with further thoughts, while Arcane has some hands-off impressions.
  • A few screenshots and quick video clips have also been released, in addition to the trailer for LIVE Pro-Am. We talk about how well NBA Live 16 is shaping up, visually speaking.
  • On a less positive note, we react to the absence of custom rosters and roster editing in NBA Live 16. Might it be patched in?
  • 2K has also announced Pro-Am for NBA 2K16. We give our thoughts on 2K's take on the concept, and the unfortunate situation of both modes having the same name.
  • We've also had a glimpse of NBA 2K16 by way of some video clips on social media, screenshots, and the digital shorts narrated by Spike Lee.
  • What do we make of the criticism that NBA 2K16's graphics haven't shown enough improvement?
  • We discuss the latest retro teams to be announced for NBA 2K16, and make a couple of predictions as to which teams might be announced next.
  • Speaking of retro basketball, Andrew has picked up a few more old school games. This leads to a comparison of collections.
  • This week's NBA discussion includes a few more thoughts on the new jersey designs, Tristan Thompson's continued free agency, and some very bad news for Dante Exum.
  • We wrap up Episode #125 of the NLSC Podcast with a bold prediction from Charles Barkley.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:43 pm

I seem to be having trouble downloading the podcast. Any idea why?

EDIT: Fixed.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:15 pm

Shouldn't have been any issues at our end. What was the problem?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:27 pm

Probably just the internet in this godforsaken place
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby mp3 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:06 am

Today in work has being pretty cool as I filled an entire 9 hour swift with podcasts lol

So Andrew, is it the FULL game of nba live 16 you got to play or just Pro-Am?
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:12 am

Full game. Pro-Am's just all that I can talk about at this time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:13 pm

Nice!!

So how exhausting was it being around that kid from YouTube....Flight....

Hopefully you will be able to talk about gameplay, the sliders and dynasty mode real soon then as there is most if my interest lyes
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:52 pm

Flight's a good guy. It was a good group, lots of camaraderie and fun conversation. :)

I definitely do have impressions and information on all that stuff, so I'll definitely talk about it when I get the green light.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #126 (August 26th, 2015)

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:27 am

Episode #126 (August 26th, 2015)

We're in good health, good spirits, and have some exciting stuff to talk about, so it's time for another episode of the NLSC Podcast! In Episode #126, Arcane and I recap the week in NBA Live 16 and NBA 2K16 news, preview some upcoming features here at the NLSC, and discuss a couple of NBA-related topics.

On this week's show...

• At long last, we're launching our 20th Anniversary of NBA Live content! On a similar note, Andrew is celebrating his 14th Anniversary as NLSC Webmaster.
  • We also have interviews with Sean O'Brien, and Leftos & JaoSming coming up. Get your questions in ASAP!
  • Recapping the week in NBA Live 16 news, we give our thoughts on the latest preview media, and information on this year's pre-order bonuses.
  • The first proper gameplay trailer for NBA 2K16 has dropped. Do we feel hyped?
  • Last week delivered us a huge amount of information on MyLEAGUE, MyLEAGUE Online, and MyGM. Naturally, it all came through after we wrapped up last week's episode, but we're happy to get it nevertheless.
  • We discuss a few other NBA 2K16 news and notes, including changes to ratings, and the latest retro teams to be confirmed.
  • With gamers looking forward to both NBA Live 16 and NBA 2K16, shots are being fired by both companies. We weigh in on the situation.
  • Metta World Peace could be returning to the Los Angeles Lakers. What do we think of that move?
  • Michael Jordan makes more in endorsements than any current NBA player. We reflect on the brand power of His Airness.
  • We wrap up Episode #126 of the NLSC Podcast with Nick Young's desire to play for the Boomers, and Andrew Bogut's response.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:07 pm

If there was ever a tattoo for you to get Andrew it would have to be a NLSC logo lol

Never knew Jon had one must of missed that!
mp3

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:11 pm

I suppose so! There are a couple of other things that have come to mind over the years when I've mulled over maybe getting one, but the NLSC logo would probably have to be there somewhere.

As for Jon's tattoo..

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:20 pm

woah. Now that's what you call dedication
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby JaoSming on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:52 am

I don't even get to post it myself :shake:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=80737&p=1383063#p1383063

Thread from when it happened, and it has totally shocked, no freeze
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Hey, it was a slow Friday night, and I'd already put the finishing touches on The Friday Five. What else was I to do, but admire your tattoo?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:18 pm

That's pretty cool!

It's nice have you have worked your name into it too.
mp3

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #127 (September 4th, 2015)

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:44 am

Episode #127 (September 4th, 2015)

Special Guests: Leftos & JaoSming

Episode #127 of the NLSC Podcast is out now, and it's a special episode this week as Arcane and I welcome Leftos and JaoSming back to the show they started! After catching up with our old friends and joking around a little, we get down to business as Leftos gives us a detailed insight into MyGM, MyLEAGUE, and MyLEAGUE Online in NBA 2K16.

In short, a lot of work has gone into the franchise modes in NBA 2K16. In our interview, Leftos talks about improvements to logic and functionality, explains the ins and outs of the new features, describes the philosophy behind the development of the modes, and answers questions straight from the community. If the developer diary on MyGM, MyLEAGUE, and MyLEAGUE Online in NBA 2K16 got you excited to play this year's franchise modes, you'll definitely want to tune in for more information.

A huge thanks once again to Leftos and JaoSming for joining us! Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off right here in the Forum! Also, if there's a topic you'd like us to discuss in the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard