The NLSC Podcast is our official weekly podcast featuring members of the NLSC Team, in which we discuss NBA Live, NBA 2K, community news, the real NBA and other topics that pique our interest. This is the central discussion thread for the Podcast, where you'll always find a link to the latest episode in the first post, as well as links to the complete archive and a thread for listener mailbag submissions. We look forward to getting your feedback on the Podcast, as well as your thoughts on any of the topics that we discuss. It's all welcome in this thread.
Enjoy the show!
Episode #173 (August 26th, 2016)
Hosts: Andrew, Arcane & Kenny
Episode #173 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Arcane, Kenny, and I have plenty to discuss this week with a barrage of NBA 2K17 news, some very enjoyable sessions of 2K Pro-Am in NBA 2K16, and the conclusion of the basketball tournament at the 2016 Olympic Games.
On this week's show...
- After a very quiet preview season, the floodgates have seemingly opened on NBA 2K17 news. We begin with a few thoughts on the "Friction" trailer.
- Hands-on impressions from various media outlets have given us some information about a few of the key changes to gameplay this year. We break down some of the key points, and give our opinions.
- Does this year's Achievement list tell us anything about NBA 2K17, specifically the direction of MyCAREER?
- Player ratings are starting to be revealed, and Karl-Anthony Towns' 88 Overall in particular has caught our eye.
- Speaking of Towns, he's been revealed as the cover player for the MyNBA2K17 app. As hinted at a few months ago, the app will include face scanning capabilities, but unfortunately the PC version has been left out.
- We reflect on an incident involving basketball gamers and NBA 2K's community managers on Twitter last week, which rubbed quite a few people the wrong way.
- In Our Week in Basketball Gaming: a couple of very exciting sessions of 2K Pro-Am, featuring some clutch performances.
- Following their best ever run, the Australian Boomers fell to Spain in the bronze medal game at the 2016 Olympic Games. We're certainly proud, but also a little disappointed, not to mention miffed with the officiating.
- We wrap up Episode #173 of the NLSC Podcast with another edition of Trivia Time!
Click here to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off right here in the Forum! Also, if there's a topic you'd like us to discuss in the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.
Never miss an episode by subscribing to the NLSC Podcast on iTunes! You can also find us on Stitcher.