NLSC Podcast - Episode #46

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

NLSC Podcast - Episode #46

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Episode #46 of the NLSC Podcast is dedicated to Bo Outlaw, King of the NBA Summer League!

Episode #46 (September 18th, 2013)

Hosts: Andrew & Arcane

With the release of Grand Theft Auto V, Arcane and I are doing the unthinkable: talking about basketball video games. Having said that, there's plenty to discuss this week with the release of the first NBA Live 14 screenshot, news on a couple of game modes in NBA 2K14 current gen and even a few topics related to the real NBA.

• We've received a glimpse of NBA Live 14 with the release of the first in-game screenshot. We offer our critique of what's on display.
  • After some speculation following the use of the term "launch window", NBA Live 14's release date has been confirmed as November 19th, 2013.
  • Executive producer Sean O'Brien provided some tidbits about the game via the official Twitter account. We're looking forward to more news and previews coming soon.
  • 2K Sports are releasing the overall ratings for several players in NBA 2K14, but are they getting too much attention?
  • Details on Crew Mode have been revealed and the reaction has been...passionate, to say the least. We react to the news and the community's reactions.
  • Turns out Path to Greatness isn't just Creating a Legend with a new coat of paint. What do we think of the concept?
  • It continues to be a slow offseason, but we find a few NBA news and notes worth talking about.
  • There are a couple of news items regarding the next gen consoles worth mentioning. We list a few other games that we're looking forward to playing.
  • We finish up with some excellent questions in this week's listener mailbag.

Click here to listen to the show!

We recorded this episode before the release of the First Look Trailer for NBA Live 14 and the new gameplay Developer Diary for NBA 2K14, so we'll be giving our thoughts on them in next week's episode. In the meantime, please let us know what you thought of this week's show and give us your thoughts on any of the topics that we discussed. Please also keep the mailbag submissions coming!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #46

Postby NIB on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:00 am

I wanna say thx to Andrew & Arcane for the thoughts and comments about my mailbag questions.

Also wanna point that my favourite game (there just can't be only one! OFC!) was Game 2 between the Bulls and the Pacers at the 1998 NBA Eastern Conference Finals. The hole series was amazing, games 4 and 7 either. But Jordan simply working at his very best, putting the basket into the net at the final possessions.

In 1997 you guys talked about the Flu Game 5 at Utah too, that was just so spetacular that everytime i saw it bring tears to my eyes.

Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals also, MJ last finals game. And the last game of Michael Jordan at Philly against the Sixers (with Iverson), was really very, very emotional for me too.

Ben talked about a Heat and Suns in 2005-06 Season, i gotta check this one too and Andrew pointed the Shrug's Game too, and ofc all NBA 2K11 ones also... Heheheheh (Y) Good Choices for sure!

And finally, i agree with you Andrew, it really come down to the players when the National competitions happened. They are responsable for joining or do not their own National Teams, but i think we can also discuss a "schedule issue" when talking around Fiba vs. NBA rules and dates (as Arcane pointed very well).

Greatest player evar - MJ
Most fun too watch - Magic/Kobe - As i saw Kobe playing at Orlando in January against the Magic team, simply amazing! :crazyeyes:

Thanks guys, great show again...
Hoping for more News and stuff comming up next!

Nib :D

Just to avoid double-posting... :D

Great memories guys, isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRtcFbKK_us - Game 2 of the 1998 NBA Eastern Conference Finals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnKINLUaFj4 - Last Dance continous alive! Game 7 of the same Series
ATECUBANOS...
Yesterday... Carried the Piano - Today, Right Now... Playing the Piano - Tomorrow... Will Listen the Piano.

Working Here, Working There... Working Everywhere!

"Michael, you're not doing today! You ain't go doing today!!" - Dennis Rodman
NIB

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #46

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:21 am

Thanks for checking in again, glad you're enjoying the show. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard