Episode #46 (September 18th, 2013)
Hosts: Andrew & Arcane
With the release of Grand Theft Auto V, Arcane and I are doing the unthinkable: talking about basketball video games. Having said that, there's plenty to discuss this week with the release of the first NBA Live 14 screenshot, news on a couple of game modes in NBA 2K14 current gen and even a few topics related to the real NBA.
- We've received a glimpse of NBA Live 14 with the release of the first in-game screenshot. We offer our critique of what's on display.
- After some speculation following the use of the term "launch window", NBA Live 14's release date has been confirmed as November 19th, 2013.
- Executive producer Sean O'Brien provided some tidbits about the game via the official Twitter account. We're looking forward to more news and previews coming soon.
- 2K Sports are releasing the overall ratings for several players in NBA 2K14, but are they getting too much attention?
- Details on Crew Mode have been revealed and the reaction has been...passionate, to say the least. We react to the news and the community's reactions.
- Turns out Path to Greatness isn't just Creating a Legend with a new coat of paint. What do we think of the concept?
- It continues to be a slow offseason, but we find a few NBA news and notes worth talking about.
- There are a couple of news items regarding the next gen consoles worth mentioning. We list a few other games that we're looking forward to playing.
- We finish up with some excellent questions in this week's listener mailbag.
Click here to listen to the show!
We recorded this episode before the release of the First Look Trailer for NBA Live 14 and the new gameplay Developer Diary for NBA 2K14, so we'll be giving our thoughts on them in next week's episode. In the meantime, please let us know what you thought of this week's show and give us your thoughts on any of the topics that we discussed. Please also keep the mailbag submissions coming!