Episode #43 (August 28th, 2013)
Hosts: Andrew, Arcane & JaoSming
The past week has brought us more in the way of news and previews for NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14, so JaoSming, Arcane and I are back to recap and react to all the latest information in Episode #43 of the NLSC Podcast. We also talk about basketball video game development and community attitudes in this week's featured discussion.
- Rising Star mode has been announced for NBA Live 14. We talk about what we think so far and what we're hoping to see.
- We also recap a couple of other NBA Live 14 news items, including a Q&A with Damian Lillard and another playtesting session.
- Unfortunately, we wrapped up recording before the NBA 2K14 current gen trailer came out, but we recap some other tidbits including hands-on impressions and legends screenshots.
- Some more gameplay videos have come out of Gamescom, while Ronnie provided some other quick clips. We talk about whether we're hyped for NBA 2K14 current gen.
- A few more details have also emerged on Path to Greatness. Spoiler: thumbs in the middle.
- Moving on to our featured discussion...are developers lazy? Or is that just another snarky buzzword that we should abolish?
- JaoSming is done with NBA 2K13 on PlayStation 3. The lure of modding the PC version is just too strong!
- Allen Iverson and Tracy McGrady are the latest former All-Stars to hang it up, following Grant Hill and Jason Kidd. We consider each of their chances of getting into the Hall of Fame.
- We finish up with a few mailbag questions.
Click here to listen to the show!
As always, we hope that you enjoy this week's episode and invite you to share your feedback, along with your thoughts on any of the topics that we discussed.