NLSC Podcast: Questions & Topic Suggestions

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Wiki and other site related issues and content here. Site and community announcements are also posted in this section.

Re: NLSC Podcast: Questions & Topic Suggestions

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Players you could see being traded at the deadline?

I read that the Rockets may be looking to part ways with Howard.

The MLK day madness in the nba, plenty of OT big thrilling games, kemba's big night also.

I know these topics would be covered anyway.

I spoke to the LiveKing on YouTube the other day he mentioned (but don't quote him) that EA had increased the Dev team for Live 17
mp3

Postby mp3 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:09 pm

A while back we had a discussion on the classic Lakers vs the classic Bulls teams and which team would win that match up well how about the 96 Bulls vs the current Warriors team?

After seeing what they did to the Spurs last night how do you think a Bulls/Warriors clash would fare?

Would Jordan guard Curry?
How about that match up at PF... Rodman vs Green?

Which Aussie would come out on top in the middle?
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:29 am

Sounds good. (Y)

Ben's travelling home today, so this week's episode will be out a little later, probably Friday evening/Saturday morning depending on where you are in the world. As such, there's still time to get in any topic suggestions.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:12 am

Clearly Ben being reunited with his ps4 should be a major topic suggestion then (y)
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:17 am

Oh yeah, I'm sure we'll cover that in our preamble. :)
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:06 am

Last call for Episode #144!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Teams that should be looking to trade at the deadline, will the Bulls attempt to move Rose or Noah?

Will the Hawks move Teague? Hearing the Jazz might be offering Burk and Burks?

What about the Hawks moving Al Horford?

Will Durant leave the Thunder for the Warriors this summer?

So yeah all things trade related,

How about future coaches??? :-)

Can't really think of much more, Live is just frustrating the crap out of me...
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:06 pm

Marty Conlon to the sidelines, somewhere. ;)

Any Wishlist ideas for Live or 2K you'd like us to discuss, or other stuff of that nature? I know we're in that period where there's more NBA stuff to discuss, and we do have a couple of video game topics ready to go, but a couple more wouldn't hurt.

The other suggestion for suggestions (to coin a phrase) I'd make would be community-related talk. I'd still like to get some guests on from time to time, so we'll see what we can set up, but I wouldn't mind talking about the history of the community, patching, that sort of thing. I'm sure we can come up with some topics ourselves of course, but suggestions would definitely be welcome.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:08 pm

The history of dynasty mode (association/myleague/mygm) and hoe it improved over the years.

Biggest mistakes made in dynasty modes, we have all made that one trade to many that kills the enjoyment.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:19 pm

First one could be a multi-part feature. I'll definitely make a note of it, either for the Podcast or another feature (or both). Second one's a good one too, it's on the list as well.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:34 pm

It would be great if we could get Scott O'G back on to try and sheed some light to why nba live talks a big game until the release date then they seem to go off grid once you they have your money, a bit like a used car salesman.

And why there catchphrase seems to be "NEXT YEAR" literally days after the release.

Pretty sure Scott wouldn't be able to talk about his former bosses but it's worth a shot.
mp3

Postby Hg8Harrier on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:45 am

I second what mp3 said about the history of Dynasty Mode. Problems could include the initial lack of drafts and retirements, so that a player who was 14 years pro when it started would end up going for all 10 (if memory serves correct) years of the early dynasty modes.

I'd be interested in hearing about the history of the site. Who was there from the beginning, what was the plan, and how that plan may have changed... when did Andrew and other administrators or contributors become involved and what specifically drew them to contribute to NLSC. For instance, was it the Basketball Stories section, did they hate the Pistons horse head jerseys and want to mod those out, or was it the wish lists? And so on, and so forth
Hg8Harrier

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:16 pm

The history of Dynasty/Franchise modes is definitely something I'm interested in. It might make for a good Podcast topic, but to be honest, I'd love to do some sort of video series or something on it. However we do it, it'll have to be an on-going series, as a few minutes in an episode of the Podcast isn't enough. ;)

A bit of site history sounds good as well. I'll mark it down, and see what we can do. Might also have to be done in a couple of parts!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:56 am

Last call for Episode #145! We're hoping to have this one out on time this week, which means we'd be recording tomorrow.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:33 pm

Last call for Episode #146!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:06 am

Last call for Episode #147!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:47 am

Last call for Episode #148!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:22 am

Last call for Episode #149!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby TGsoGood on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:17 pm

Topic suggestion -Any thoughts on a potential $100 million dollar shoe deal for Ben Simmons? Also since Ben is an Aussie , who was the last Aussie drafted #1 overall in the draft.
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:24 pm

Good topic, I know Arcane will enjoy talking about shoes. (Y)

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:41 am

Last call for Episode #150!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby TGsoGood on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:40 am

This is time of year when college players draft starts to go up and down. Some of the latest mock drafts have Ben Simmons at #2 after being projected as #1 all season. This is mainly because his team did not make the College Tournament. His comparisons have now dropped from Lebron/ Magic Johnson to a Skinny Royce White as one NBA exec puts it lol. I think the speculation about player's draft stock and potential in the NBA is overkill this time of year during March Madness.
One NBA What do you guys think about that trend of players shooting up draft projections or falling hard due their play in March?

Link to an article about this:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/24 ... oyce-White
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:03 pm

A skinny Royce White? Wow...yeah, we'll have to talk about that.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:04 am

Last call for Episode #151!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:15 am

Last call for Episode #152!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:52 am

Last call for Episode #153!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:27 am

Last call for Episode #154!

In particular, we're after some topics related to basketball gaming this week, as it's that time of the year when things are a little slow on that front, so we'd like to find some fun things to talk about. If it's a Wishlist-related/speculative topic though, please check to make sure that we haven't already discussed it in a recent episode, as we'd like to avoid repeating ourselves as much as possible!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:29 pm

Forgot to mention it here last week, but at any rate...Last call for Episode #156!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed May 04, 2016 10:43 am

Last call for Episode #157!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed May 18, 2016 10:01 am

Last call for Episode #159! With last week being a pretty full show, what with our discussion of the NBA Live 17 announcement, I didn't put out a call for submissions (though they are always welcome). Definitely room for a couple more topics this week, so if you do have any suggestions, please post them ASAP!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed May 18, 2016 1:10 pm

Could the Live/2k16 Warriors beat the Live '96 Bulls?

Edit: 7 game series. first 2 games in live 96, next 2 in live/2k, switch on and off after.
zzcoolj21
Kyrie Truther aka The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Wed May 18, 2016 1:17 pm

There's...I don't know how we could even compare that. :lol:

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 20, 2016 6:34 am

FIrst off, I love your podcast. Great job.

Second, here are the topics:

What are your feelings on some of the old features from Classic Basketball games that were taken out of the new basketball games, namely these 3:

1. Player stats being shown at the free throw line (not currently in NBA 2k16, in NBA Live 16 I believe)
2. Pre game intro featuring the announcers (think NBA 2k9, where they would show the players warming up/key matchup/and Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg with Microphones)
3. Stat pop ups with players real faces (portraits) (Think NBA Live 06)

If you had to bring one of these 3 back, which one would it be?

Choose between 1 of these 3 games to have a remake made (Keeping it just that season and presentation when the game was made, just updated graphics)

1. NBA Fastbreak 98
2. NBA in the zone 2
3. ESPN NBA 2k5

Also, Do you think that the foot planting is a bit exaggerated in NBA 2k16? Do you see a problem with all the body steals and blocks that occur?

Thanks for considering to talk about these topics!
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri May 20, 2016 9:09 am

Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoy the show! I'll definitely add those to the list of topics for upcoming shows.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby WithAuthority on Fri May 27, 2016 8:07 am

i'll just say, love the podcast, but less "real life NBA" talk, and more video game discussion.
Collector & Trader of vintage NBA games, DVD, and memorabilia
WithAuthority
ABL Commish

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 27, 2016 10:43 am

Man, just listened to the podcast. You guys make me feel old. All three hadn't played NBA Fastbreak 98 or In the Zone 2, one hadn't played ESPN NBA 2k5, and the other two barely played it. I'm only 31... I've been played NBA basketball games since 1990. Ha..

By footplanting, I meant more how long it takes to get out of an animation. Sorry I didn't specify, for example. You can be using a defender (not in the case where he is stuck to an offensive player, I agree though that the magnetic thing is a problem), anyway... you can be using a defender, and the offensive player goes to drive to the basic, the footplanting "reaction" is so slow, that you have no chance to get to that player, even though in real life the defensive player would have more than enough time to react.

Anyway, great podcast. I will listen in again next week.
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Kevin on Fri May 27, 2016 11:02 am

WithAuthority, more real life NBA than video game!

Andrew, you can always insert more segments in the real life NBA discussion. Like how about an "up/down report" just like in the starters?

Main Modding Threads: NBA 2K16|NBA 2K15|NBA 2K14
Story Thread: Montreal Ravens (A 1996 Franchise Story)

"The new NLSC Webmaster should be either Bobby Simmons, Yao Ming, Jason Kapono, Michael Doleac, maybe Luis Scola or Josh Powell."
- The one and only, CoryMach7
Kevin
Lakers - I mean Kobe fan.

Postby Andrew on Fri May 27, 2016 11:27 am

WithAuthority wrote:i'll just say, love the podcast, but less "real life NBA" talk, and more video game discussion.

Thanks! At certain points of the year, it's tough to say much about the video games that hasn't been said already, especially as we're waiting for more news. As it stands, we had about an hour of video game talk this week, and about half an hour of NBA talk, because it is kind of an important time of the year as far as the real NBA is concerned. But if you've ever got any game-related topic suggestions, definitely let us know!

Dee4Three wrote:Man, just listened to the podcast. You guys make me feel old. All three hadn't played NBA Fastbreak 98 or In the Zone 2, one hadn't played ESPN NBA 2k5, and the other two barely played it. I'm only 31... I've been played NBA basketball games since 1990. Ha..

I'm 31 as well, but back in the day, NBA Live was my game. Ben and Kenny are around the same age as well, but like me, they mostly played Live.

Dee4Three wrote:By footplanting, I meant more how long it takes to get out of an animation. Sorry I didn't specify, for example. You can be using a defender (not in the case where he is stuck to an offensive player, I agree though that the magnetic thing is a problem), anyway... you can be using a defender, and the offensive player goes to drive to the basic, the footplanting "reaction" is so slow, that you have no chance to get to that player, even though in real life the defensive player would have more than enough time to react.

Appreciate the clarification. I'd still say I like NBA 2K16 better than NBA 2K15 in that regard, the smoothness and responsiveness.

Glad you enjoyed the show!

Kevin wrote:WithAuthority, more real life NBA than video game!

Andrew, you can always insert more segments in the real life NBA discussion. Like how about an "up/down report" just like in the starters?

Absolutely. Of course, with the offseason looming, NBA topics can be tough to come by as well. Fortunately, there's the video game preview season.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:03 am

Last call for Episode #161!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:47 pm

Last call for Episode #162! We're recording a day earlier this week, so please get any suggestions in ASAP!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Dommy73 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:32 pm

Out of interest, do you have some preliminary date scheduled for podcast with Leftos and JaoSming like the last year? Got some questions about 2K16 for people involved in making it.
Streaming some glorious 21:9 gameplay (including NBA) on twitch.tv/dommy73

i7-6700K, VIII Hero, 16GB @ 2400MHz CL14, 980 Ti Classy
Fedora 23 for everything meaningful, Windows 10 for games and video entertainment

ImageImageImage
Dommy73
Making 2K16 newbs quit like Curry in the Finals

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:17 am

Probably not until closer to release.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:50 am

Questions for the next Podcast:

If any new classic teams are considered for NBA 2k17, which would you like to see?

Throwing out some suggestions: 08-09 Lakers (NBA Title), 00-01 Kings (If Webber came on board), 92-93 Suns (If Barkley came on board), 94-95 Spurs (David Robinsons MVP season, they also had Rodman), 05-06 Nets (Kidd, Jefferson, Carter), 10-11 Mavericks (Championship). 07-08 Denver Nuggets (Carmelo, Iverson, Camby)

Also, we already have classic team jerseys (and alternate jerseys), what are your thoughts about making Classic Courts also an option? So, say I am using a current team, having 3-4 choices for classic courts to go along with jerseys.

Thanks!
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:21 am

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll add them to the docket!

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:45 am

Last call for Episode #163! Assuming I get my connection issues sorted, we'll be recording at the usual time.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby TGsoGood on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:30 am

For episode 164:

Anderson Verajao could get a ring even though warriors lost.

link:
http://www.fearthesword.com/2016/5/31/1 ... -the-title
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:05 am

We touched on that in a previous episode, I think. We'll probably bring it up again in the NBA Finals segment, though.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby WithAuthority on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:23 am

You used to discuss UBR on the Podcast-----why no discussion of URB? There's been some amazing things going on over in that thread for that mod for months now. If you like retro basketball., its the only thing going at the moment.
WithAuthority
ABL Commish

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:45 am

None of us on the Podcast are playing NBA 2K13 or NBA 2K14, and haven't used the mod. NBA 2K13 and NBA 2K14 aren't exactly retro either, but the main point is, we're not playing the games or using the mod, so we don't have anything to say about it, except "check it out if you're still playing those games". Not really enough for a segment.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby WithAuthority on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:55 pm

Andrew wrote:None of us on the Podcast are playing NBA 2K13 or NBA 2K14, and haven't used the mod. NBA 2K13 and NBA 2K14 aren't exactly retro either, but the main point is, we're not playing the games or using the mod, so we don't have anything to say about it, except "check it out if you're still playing those games". Not really enough for a segment.

Well maybe you need to get someone on who actually is playing them and more in touch with that part of the community, :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: which by the way is still the most popular section of NLSC even three years later. This is a modding community you know, I'd like to see the podcast be just a bit more about NLSC, than just about Next Gen NBA 2K and the NBA, which is what it has been like for the past year since Leftos, Jao, and Vlad left NLSC, and Next Gen 2K became nearly unmoddable. Completely coincidentally. :D
WithAuthority
ABL Commish

PreviousNext

Return to NLSC Hub