NLSC Podcast - Episode #40

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

NLSC Podcast - Episode #40

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:42 am

The NLSC Podcast hits the big four-oh this week.

Episode #40 (August 7th, 2013)

Hosts: Andrew, Arcane & JaoSming

It's that time of the week again! Join Arcane, JaoSming and myself for Episode #40 of the NLSC Podcast, in which we discuss the latest NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14 news and notes, new NBA jerseys and the motivation behind modding basketball video games.

• We quickly recap the lone piece of NBA Live 14 news this week, an interview with executive producer Sean O'Brien.
  • The NBA 2K14 Community Team-Up event took place last week. Not too many impressions as yet, but early Twitter thoughts are positive.
  • It's been revealed that blocked dunks will be back in NBA 2K14. Great news, obviously, but should it even be an announcement?
  • A behind the scenes glimpse of Steve Kerr's recording sessions for NBA 2K lead to some discussion on presentation and possible TNT integration.
  • The Pelicans' jerseys have been revealed, while the Suns' new jerseys have been teased. Naturally, we opt to play fashion critic.
  • What's the deal with modding? We take you through the highs, the lows, the triumphs and the tragedies of one of our favourite pastimes.

Click here to listen to the show!

We hope that you enjoy Episode #40 and as always, we're eager to hear your thoughts on the episode as well as anything we talked about.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #40

Postby Kenny on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Another great podcast (y). I think my favourite moments were when you guys broke into laughter, particularly when Andrew quoted Doris Burke's repetitious comments. One thing I miss with her comments is when she's say something about a team's shot blocking presence and how the opposite team is planning to get the other team in foul trouble, which is then met by derisive laughter by Kevin and Clark. I wonder if they cut it out because it was so condescending :lol:

As for the blocked dunks, it's funny because until it was mentioned by 2k, I didn't even realise blocked dunks were missing from NBA 2k13. It's something that seems so fundamental that I assumed it was already there. I just thought that I was doing it wrong the whole time, which meant I got either posterised or committed a foul on every attempt to do it.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #40

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Thanks man, appreciate the continued support! Those moments definitely make it fun for us recording the podcasts, so it's good to know that they're entertaining for people listening to them too. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard