NLSC Podcast - Episode #33

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

NLSC Podcast - Episode #33

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:20 am

Back to the regular episodes this week with Episode #33. Thanks again to everyone who tuned in to the E3 specials!

Episode #33 (June 19th, 2013)

Hosts: Andrew, Arcane & Leftos

We're back to our regularly scheduled programming this week with Episode #33 of the NLSC Podcast! In the wake of E3 and our four part series of special episodes, we talk about a couple of other news items that have since emerged, a couple of topics we've overlooked in recent weeks and of course, the 2013 NBA Finals.

• With E3 in the books, we're now awaiting the next step in the NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14 preview seasons, but we do have a couple of tidbits to mention.
  • EA Sports are doing away with their online passes. We're cautiously optimistic about that.
  • We discuss the candid post from a Microsoft engineer regarding the Xbox One, as well as a funny moment from the E3 demonstrations.
  • Talking about current basketball games for a moment, Leftos gives us a rundown of the latest exciting breakthrough in the modding community for NBA 2K13.
  • The NBA Finals is tied at three games apiece, heading for a Game 7 in Miami. We give our thoughts on the last two games and our predictions for the grand finale.
  • Joey Crawford may or may not get a mention or two during the course of our NBA Finals discussion. One of us may get carried away with a rant.
  • Ben offers a few spoiler-free impressions of The Last of Us.

Click here to listen to the show!

Like what you heard? Disagree with our opinions? As always, we invite you to give us your take on this week's episode.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #33

Postby BrotherJRB on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:36 pm

What is the status for exclusive titles for the next gen? I just can't see why I would buy another console when I just want games on my PC. News that the ports won't happen from next gen sucks but not enough for me to drop down my cash...well maybe....I don't know.

I agree with Andrew about Joey Crawford being a diva. ANd that his review of the three was ridiculous. But I thought the officiating was very good that whole game. They made some great calls, non-calls on some flops, the Danny Green strip they didn't call a foul and went to the video to change it. I openly root against the Heat but I didn't feel the officiating played any part in the Heat winning. In fact they were consistent in not calling fouls down the stretch both ways.

That episode went by quick....
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Postby Leftos on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:01 pm

We promise to make a 4-hour episode next week to make up for the short(er) episode this week.

As for next-gen exclusives, I think it goes like every time we go to "next-gen". Cross-generation games will stay current-gen on the PC for a couple of years, while next-gen+PC games will be next-gen on the PC as well (e.g. The Crew). As I've said on the Podcast, I'm glad to see day-1 next-gen+PC games, which means cross-development is easier this time around, as was expected due to the architecture. As to which games remain console-exclusive, you'll have to do some research depending on what you like. I am going to grab a console this time around though (never had one, and having a salary makes the difference), and the fact that I'll be able to play PS3 games through Gaikai to make up for some of what I've missed this generation makes me lean towards the PS4.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:50 pm

I don't know, I reckon if a near two hour long episode goes by quick, we're doing something right. If it feels like it drags, that's when we're doing something wrong. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard