The Friday Five: Top 5 Least Favourite NBA Finals Series

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

The Friday Five: Top 5 Least Favourite NBA Finals Series

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Since I posted my Top 5 Favourite NBA Finals series last week, this week I'm counting down my five least favourite:
http://www.nba-live.com/the-friday-five ... ls-series/
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: Top 5 Least Favourite NBA Finals Series

Postby [Q] on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:16 am

totally agree with the top 2, but lakers/magic? if courtney lee hits that gw layup in la at the end of game 2, it's 1-1 with 3 straight games in orlando. if the magic won, he never wouldve been traded, wouldve had a productive career... is that not enough drama for you?

also, i liked heat/okc because i hate okc
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:31 am

Well, I'll admit, had the Magic pulled off the upset I might've liked it a little more. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:12 pm

so where does this year's finals rank for you? does it make any of the lists? even though the heat won, you have to admit it was very entertaining with teams alternating wins, close games, and overtime
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:15 pm

It's not among my favourites, I can't put it over any in the top five or the five honourable mentions that round out my top ten. Possibly somewhere in my top twenty; even if it wasn't the result I was hoping for, I wouldn't rank it among my least favourite. So yeah, I'll say somewhere in my Top 20 for now, definitely not Top 10 though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Agree on most of them. '94 Rockets-Knicks was pretty meh. I did enjoy '95 Rockets/Magic series better even though was a blow out, but hard to get great series when sweep. '96 to '98 was good even if the desired results in '97 & '98 did not eventuate. '00 Lakers/Pacers was good but didn't care much for series from '01 to say '05. Was good to see Dallas make '06 Finals but refs really screwed over Mavs (even if I'll admit Wade was best Finals performance I'd seen). '07 was meh. '08 Lakers/Celtics was good for league, even if '09 was average. '10 wasn't as good as '08 as far as quality, really Cavs were beater than Celtics & may have beaten lakers. '11 to '13 have been good though.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:00 pm

The X wrote:'96 to '98 was good even if the desired results in '97 & '98 did not eventuate.

I'm still pretty OK with the way things turned out. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard