The Friday Five: Top 5 Things Holding Back Basketball Games

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:17 am

This week's Friday Five takes a look at the Top 5 things that are holding back basketball video games/presenting a challenge to developers.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: Top 5 Things Holding Back Basketball Ga

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:30 am

nice article, great great points...... I've posted a few times on this forum about the physics and AI engines they've been recycling for years, I really do hope with the next gen they upgrade and give us actual gameplay as opposed to jumping from one animation into the next

this picture cracked me up, something fresh and far removed from the eye sore that is 2K's "floating jerseys" :lol:

ChrisCP3Paul

Re: The Friday Five: Top 5 Things Holding Back Basketball Ga

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:48 am

Thanks for checking it out. :)

A good balance for the jerseys would be somewhere in between what we saw in the screens for NBA Live 13 (a little too "painted on") and what we see in NBA 2K13. I'm sure they'll continue to develop that tech, though I must admit I can put up with imperfections there if the game itself is enjoyable to play.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard