The Friday Five: Top 5 Easter Eggs in Basketball Video Games

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Wiki and other site related issues and content here. Site and community announcements are also posted in this section.

The Friday Five: Top 5 Easter Eggs in Basketball Video Games

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:42 pm

This week's Friday Five takes a look at Easter Eggs in basketball video games, as I pick my Top 5:
http://www.nba-live.com/the-friday-five ... deo-games/

Hopefully a couple of interesting tidbits in there that some of you aren't aware of and will find interesting. :)
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: Top 5 Easter Eggs in Basketball Video G

Postby JaoSming on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Should have asked me for some 2K ones

PS2 street courts and NCAA arenas in 2K10
Great Western Forum in 2K9 and 2K10 (then obviously in the game later)
Obama showing up as a coach in future years of MP and Association games
2K13 exe contains "{.0.}.x.=.{.1.}.....f.u.c.k.........Device not present..Media not present...not formatted..."
2K12 exe contains "VCNETMARE::STALL_HANDLER::ProcessStallDataPacket....U.N.E.X.P.E.C.T.E.D.........w.e. .s.h.o.u.l.d.n.'.t. .b.e. .s.e.n.d.i.n.g. .t.o. .o.u.r.s.e.l.v.e.s.!.......invalid.f.u.c.k."
I think there were others Pat and I found last year, but I've long lost that convo.

Then for Live

Live 10's shootaround "teams" all had similarities, draft classes, all stars, etc
Live's commentators breaking the 4th wall
Live 2003 and 2004's dev console in-game, I'm sure there are Easter eggs with that
Similar to 08's historic teams, 2004 has a hidden create a team menu & leftover files are found in later years iirc
and for fun, a bunch of legends are in the Live 10 roster file, Bird, Wilt, 'nique, etc

I'm sure I'll think of more
Opinions are my own.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ozxhwwmz4LJzpGAj22T5qa0ZVFBJ3yw

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:33 am

Ah, good ones. (Y)
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:28 pm

not really hidden easter eggs, but I liked how in Live 10, Nash lays down on the floor when he's out of the game, VC gets booed in Toronto, and love the Lakers "We Want Tacos" chant

didn't know about the SNES created player easter egg. i had live 95 on PC, so i never had a chance to play it
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Yeah, that's really more attention to detail stuff as opposed to Easter Eggs, but potentially something to talk about in another Five. ;)

Andrew
Administrator

Return to NLSC Hub