Episode #16 (February 5th, 2013)
Hosts: Leftos, Andrew, Arcane
Leftos, Ben and I are back this week with the sixteenth episode of the NLSC Podcast, where as always we discuss a couple of our favourite subjects: basketball, and basketball video games. There hasn't been much in the way of news regarding basketball video games this week, so once again we indulge in a little speculation and "Wishlisting", along with giving our thoughts on the most recent happenings in the NBA. Want a quick overview of this week's episode? Here it is:
- There isn't a lot of noteworthy basketball video game news this week, but our modding community has continued to do excellent work, so once again we feel compelled to give some well earned recognition.
- We offer our thoughts on the Rudy Gay trade and whether or not he's a franchise player.
- As Leftos is a Pistons fan, we make a point of noting that the last player from the 2004 championship team is now gone.
- Talk about dependable franchise players leads to a conversation about players with attitude problems and whether or not longer stints in college would make a difference, as we touch on the subject of the NBA's age restriction.
- We discuss other recent NBA news and rumours including the announcement of the Rising Stars rosters, Brook Lopez being named a replacement for Rajon Rondo in the All-Star Game, rumoured trades and the return of Andrew Bogut.
- As the conversation turns back to basketball video games, we talk about the things we want to see improved in Dynasty, Association and MyCAREER mode, and read out some of the community's thoughts on the matter.
- What else do we think is important for the future of basketball video games, especially as we approach the next generation of consoles?
Click here to listen to the show!
As always we welcome your feedback, so please give us your thoughts on this week's episode and any of the topics that we discussed.