Oi, new people. Read this...

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Oi, new people. Read this...

Postby J@3 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:14 pm

WELCOME! Or something...

So you've managed to circum-navigate the join process and after much recovery you are ready to start "contributing" to the forums here. If you don't read this first I will hunt you down I swear to Go.. ok nevermind. By new people I mean anyone who has only just started posting. I don't care if you joined in 1947 but have only lurked since. We have rules here, you can find them by clicking these links:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2

There are a few key ones I would like to point out to you.

Posts are deleted and threads are locked for a reason. If your thread is locked or your post deleted, please do not post it again. If you’re not sure why this has happened please contact a moderator; do not make a big public fuss about it. Note however that when a thread is locked, we’ll usually post a short explanation as to why if the reason is not obvious.

The PM button looks like this: Image

Don’t post multiple threads on the same topic throughout the Forum. We understand you may be anxious for a reply but it’s just annoying and that won’t make people any more willing to help you.

This sort of thing can result in short-term bans, and if repeated more permanent ones.

Don’t flame or abuse other posters.

Obvious.

Discussions and requests for illegal downloads or making them available to other posters are not allowed. This content includes (but is not limited to):

* CD Keys (NBA Live or otherwise) & Serial Numbers
* No-CD cracks
* Warez
* Original Game Files

We are mega strict about this. There is a sticky with more information regarding this particular issue here: viewtopic.php?f=122&t=69472

Here is another big one, for those who just said tl;dr when they saw this THIS IS SOME BOLD RED FONT TO GET YOUR ATTENTION

Signature images must not be larger than 450 pixels wide by 150 pixels high.

That looks like this:

We don't generally allow multiple images in sigs either. If they are extremely small we might let it go, but don't stack them up or they will be removed.

ANOTHER REALLY IMPORTANT THING IN COLOURFUL BOLD WRITING

DO NOT put animated gifs in your sig. Unless you can chop them down to like 50kb I don't want to see them and nor does anyone else. It shocks me how some people think it's alright to put 2-3mb videos in their sigs. It is not. Don't do it. Also, don't embed youtube videos in your sig. Purely because they break the 450/150 sig limit. The only person who gets away with this is Blacksmurf and none of us are really sure why.

For reference, here are a list of mods/admins and what you should contact them about if you have issues.

NLSC Issues
Andrew
Jae

NBA Live related issues
Andrew
Pdub
dragon@4q

NBA 2K related issues
JaoSming
Kris
Pdub

NCAA Basketball 10 related issues
The X

Patching issues
JaoSming
Kris
Lean

Roster patch issues
Andrew

General forum issues (NBA Talk, General Talk etc)
Andrew
Jae

For a good time
benji

You guys can thank me later for the flood of PM's.

Any questions contact either Andrew, JaoSming, Pdub or myself.
J@3

Re: Oi, new people. Read this...

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:39 pm

Here are some other things to keep in mind when posting in the NLSC Forum:

• If you come across posts by spambots/paid spammers, use the Report Post button rather than replying to them. It just creates more work for us by adding more off-topic posts to clean up. When you respond to spambots, you're spamming too so please just report them and move on. We'll get rid of them ASAP.

• Similarly, any topics posted in the wrong place should be reported so we can take care of them ASAP. There's no need for everyone who happens on the thread to make a post scolding the original poster for posting in the wrong section; it's armchair moderating and spamming. Again, report the post and we'll take care of it ASAP.

• In most cases it's better to use the Report Post button for problems rather than messaging a moderator/administrator. That way, the first mod/admin that sees the report will be able to take care of the matter and we can avoid just one of us having to deal with all the reports.

• Remember you can also report your own posts if there's a problem with them (accidentally posted in the wrong section, you'd like your Dynasty thread locked, etc). You'll likely get a response quicker if you report your post than if you message a mod/admin as once again the first one of us who comes on and checks the reports will be able to take care of it.

• If you run into any technical problems using the Forum though, by all means shoot me (Andrew) a message and I'll look into it.

• While we'll do our best to help you out, please keep in mind we can't be everyone's personal patching tutor or technical support for the games. When you post questions or ask for assistance by posting publicly in the Forum, anyone with the knowledge to help you out can post a response. It also helps anyone else looking for the same information, so posting in the Forum is generally recommended before private messaging.

• If you have a problem with a patch, contact the person who made it. If you can't get in touch with them, a post in the Forum is the best means of getting assistance. Any answers will then be out there for anyone else having those same issues.

• In most cases you should be able to find what you're looking for in a couple of minutes and a few clicks so please don't use anyone on the NLSC Team or the community at large as a substitute for the search function or looking through the tutorials and resources sections first. Remember, everyone's time is just as valuable as yours.

• If you need to contact someone on the NLSC Team about an issue, pick the most appropriate person and send them an email/private message rather than sending the message to the entire team. Worst case scenario, you'll be referred on to someone else who can help you out. Once again, if you need to report a post here in the Forum, use the Report Post button rather than contacting every mod/admin (or a single person) via the private messaging system.

• Be patient when waiting for an answer. Not everyone is online at the same time or has the same knowledge and pestering people is not the best way to get a response. Please also see the Forum Rules regarding bumping threads; generally speaking, bumping and double posting is discouraged here in the NLSC Forum, aside from a few exceptions as explained in the rules.

As always, if you have any questions please get in touch with myself, Jae, JaoSming or Pdub.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard