Dynasty Five Fantasy League Blog

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Dynasty Five Fantasy League Blog

Postby Shing on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:20 am

Dynasty Five Fantasy Basketball League | Dynasty Five Fantasy Basketball League | Dynasty Five Fantasy Basketball League

(If it's okay with you, Andrew, I'd like to start this thread as a regularly updated fantasy league blog. I thought maybe it could even be posted in the Franchise Stories section, but I figured it's more suited to this section. Let me know if a regularly updated blog thread would clutter your forum and you'd rather I didn't make one and I'll delete it. Thx.)

Kobe Bryant - New Jersey Nets - by Boston

...for more jersey switches please visit D5PN's Media Center.
Last edited by Shing on Mon May 07, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shing

Re: Dynasty Five Fantasy League Blog

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:52 am

Fine by me, regular content for the community noticeboard is certainly welcome. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Shing on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:55 pm

Dynasty Five Fantasy Basketball League | Dynasty Five Fantasy Basketball League | Dynasty Five Fantasy Basketball League

THE MIAMI POST

The defending champion New Jersey Nets GM, Josh Barber, has been in quite a lot of controversial news these past few weeks, particularly regarding his lashing out at the committee of D5 for recent rating changes. Barber saw three of his starting five members lose ratings, most notably Jason Kidd decline 5 points.

Barber approached a local Miami newspaper station for his first interview this season.

---------------------------------------------------

Thanks for sitting down with us today.

No problem, I felt this was about due.

So to jump right into things - you're coming off a championship season, how do you feel right now?

Mentally I feel strong. I am always mentally strong. But there is something physically wrong with me… my stomach will not stop gurgling. I don’t know why it started and I don’t know when, but I do know one thing… I am hungry for more.

You might want to get that checked out. Just kidding, that doesn't sound good for the rest of the league...You've gotten off to a great start, do you feel like you can repeat this year?

Yes we can repeat. We are hands down the best team in the league and if anyone wants to prove otherwise, they can try us on the court. With contenders like Utah and San Antonio off to sub-par starts, we can just keep building up these wins and get a nice lead on other top teams. One thing I am sure of is that the path to the championship is going to have to go through East Rutherford.

Even with that great start, it's no secret your players are getting older and have slowed down dramatically. Does it worry you that they might wear down as the season progresses?

Some say we are getting older. Want to know something? Out of our starting five, three of the guys had championships when they came to the Nets. Kidd won one last season with us, so that leaves K-Mart, who has already been to the finals with Kidd once. I am not sure why you think my players have slowed down dramatically. We have the best bench in the league, so I am not worried about fatigue. This team is unstoppable.

Following on that answer, does that mean you are not looking to trade anyone right now?

Trades are not imminent. Obviously we will take a look at any offers that come our way, but we are not shopping anyone heavily.

Hypothetically, who would be the first to go?

You know I am not going to answer that.

I can respect that, but can you tell me what kind of players you are looking for?

If a trade was to arise, we are looking for defensive-minded experienced players that will help us out even more.

Who would you say is your biggest threat right now? Give me one eastern conference team and one western conference team.

I think Charlotte is the clear-cut second best team in the East right now. I am glad that our preseason trade is really working out for both of us, and I continue to wish Grant (Hill), (Andrei) Kirilenko, and Jermaine (O'Neal) the best of luck. The Western Conference is very weak this season. I think Utah has been overrated in many people's eyes. San Antonio has been overachieving for the past two seasons and I think his glory is over. That leaves Phoenix, who I feel will win the West this season.

There's been a lot of media coverage over the new Miami Heat staff. Do you have any thoughts about that fiasco?

I wasn't aware that the Miami Heat had a staff. That's interesting.

Guess it's just big news down here. You said earlier you weren't looking to trade anyone, yet several reports suggest otherwise and that you are shopping players. Is it true you are actively looking to trade Ben Wallace, Kenyon Martin, or Tayshaun Prince?

Like I stated earlier, we are not looking to trade anyone. We are looking at offers that come our way.

Alright. Well obviously everyone is aware that you have publicly called out the committee here at D5 for the recent rating changes. Now, do you honestly feel like the committee is out to get you?

Of course I don't think the committee is out to get me in particular. First off, as much as I say committee in my posts, they had nothing to do with the changes, they were all based on the opinions of league members and interpreted by Boston. Secondly, I do actually believe that some of the ratings are wrong, but it is definitely not as bad as I make it seem. My reasoning behind all my arguments was solely my competitive side coming out as I tried to make a huge scene and get my players rated higher. I found the entire situation to be funny when some other people started to actually believe me. Anyway, it sorta worked because I think Boston said Kidd will be an 84 instead of 83. I do feel that Kidd is better than a lot of people give him credit for, but to tell you the truth these past few weeks have just been me messing with people.

Interesting. Well, last question: is there anything you would like to say to any naysayers or haters out there?

I would like formally call out Rasheed Wallace. WE ARE COMMING FOR YOU.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there you have it folks. New Jersey wasn't serious with the whole rating fiasco, and is apparently coming after Rasheed.

Shing

Postby Shing on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:39 am

December Power Rankings - by Miami
--The Bottom Five--

30. Image
Indiana Pacers (-2) [2-20]

Earlier this season the Pacers GM said he was confident his team could make the playoffs and almost gave up their 1st round pick, but with this horrible start the Pacers sit at the bottom of the league. The roster has young promise but just can't get it together so far.

29. Image
Philadelphia 76ers (+1) [6-19]

The Sixers gain a spot not because they have improved, but merely because the Pacers have severely fallen. With the departure of Michael Redd the Sixers are looking to tank to get a good 1st round pick and make a push in the offseason to make a run next year. Expect to see them huddling around the bottom 3 for the rest of the year.

28. Image
Houston Rockets (+1) [6-17]

The Rockets are in the progress of acquiring young, up and coming center Andres Biedrins to go a long with OJ Mayo, Kevin Love, and Marvin Williams. Biedrins tough style of play will hopefully inspire these young Rockets to pick up their game and make a late push. Biedrins will suit the Rockets well.

27. Image
Portland Trailblazers (-19) [8-16]

The Trailblazers started off the season hot, but fell off the map quickly. Since the last Power Rankings were done over a month ago the Blazers have gone 4-15. Recently they traded away Andres Biedrins for Al Thornton, decreasing their size, strength, and talent for potential. With Peja's horrid contract on the books for more years to come things are not looking up for this troubled franchise.

26. Image
Los Angeles Lakers (0) [7-18]

The Lakers have been quiet this season not having made one move thus far. The young lineup still has potential, but how long can the fans accustomed to winning take this pounding? Will they wait forever for these guys to turn things around or will the boos grow louder? Perhaps its time for change in Los Angeles.

--Stuck in Transition--

25. Image
Memphis Grizzlies (-6) [8-15]

The Grizzlies made a move to solve their point guard dilemma, acquiring all-star Jason Kidd for Vince Carter. Kidd has helped spread the ball for the Grizzlies, and with Jason Terry, Stephen Jackson, and Nene helping out, the Grizzlies have the pieces to make a push for the playoffs. Unfortunately for the Grizzlies they haven't quite been playing to their potential and the Grizz sit 5 games out of 8th place in the West.

24. Image
Milwaukee Bucks (-3) [6-18]

The Bucks have a solid core. Greg Oden, Yi Jianlian, Eric Gordon, and Mo Williams lead this young Bucks roster. However they haven't been able to keep up with the deep Eastern Conference and find themselves 5.5 games out of 8th place. The Bucks have the pieces to make some trades if they wish to make a run, and have the potential to become a serious threat in the years to come.

23. Image
Sacramento Kings (+2) [6-19]

The Kings made a bold move when they acquired Kobe Bryant. It has worked out fairly well as the Kings are starting to win more games, including wins over Dallas, LAC, San Antonio, and New Orleans - all playoff teams. With Monta Ellis and Michael Beasley teaming up with Bryant, Sacramento is looking okay. Unfortunately, they also parted with their 1st round pick in that deal for Bryant.

22. Image
Boston Celtics (-10) [12-13]

The Celtics started the season riding high waves of hope. They made a trade earlier in the season to strengthen their front court; however, it has back fired horribly. The Celtics are under the .250 mark for the month of December and are losing ground fast. For some reason the talent isn't meshing in Boston, and unless something is done soon they may find themselves missing the playoffs.

21. Image
Washington Wizards (-4) [10-14]

Washington is stuck in perhaps the toughest division in the league, and simply lacks the talent to keep up. Gilbert Arenas, Al Horford, and Richard Jefferson form a nice trio but haven't been able to lift the Wiz out of the slumps. Currently the Wizards sit 1.5 games out of the 8th spot in the East, and might need to make some more moves if they want to make a legitimate playoff push.

--The Muddled Middle--

20. Image
Denver Nuggets (-16) [10-15]

The Nuggets are another case of a team that started out hot but has hit a slump. Since the last power rankings the Nuggets have gone 4-14 and things aren't looking any better. Tyson Chandler, Carmelo Anthony, and Baron Davis are all talented players, but apparently are bumping heads in the locker room leading to losses on the floor.

19. Image
Cleveland Cavaliers (+3) [11-12]

The Cavaliers needed frontcourt help and got it by trading Richard Jefferson for Al Harrington. Although Cleveland has picked it up since last month, LeBron still doesn't have the help he needs, and the Cavs sit tied for the 8th spot in the playoffs with the falling Celtics.

18. Image
Miami Heat (-11) [12-14]

The Heat have sunk after acquiring Rajon Rondo and Josh Smith. Currently on a 7-12 slide, the Heat have fallen out of the playoff race and sit in 10th spot. Although Miami has a more talented line-up than the beginning of the season it has yet to deliver consistent results.

17. Image
New York (+7) [10-13]

Since Yao Ming has joined the Knicks they have enjoyed a winning record and are slowly climbing their way up the Eastern Conference standings. It is rumored that NY is looking to cash in more of its youth for veterans to make a bigger push for the playoffs.

16. Image
Golden State Warriors (-10) [14-11]

The Warriors started off hot but have cooled since. They remain fighting for the last few playoff spots, and are currently seeded 8th with Utah breathing down their back. The Warriors have a solid lineup and, with a few tweaks, could become a very strong team in the west.

15. Image
Utah Jazz (+5) [13-12]

The Jazz just keep getting better. Earlier this season they acquired Pau Gasol and just recently they got guard Michael Redd to go along with Elton Brand and Dwyane Wade. Utah has a deep and scary lineup that, once the chemistry starts to set in, should become a solid favorite for the title.

14. Image
Orlando Magic (-3) [12-10]

The Magic have been huddling around the .500 mark all season. Everyone is just waiting for these guys to break out and go on a tear. Orlando certainly has the pieces with Paul Pierce, Randy Foye, and Dwight Howard, but like nearly every other decently talented team in this league, they can't quite get their act together yet.

13. Image
Toronto Raptors (+3) [14-11]

Following the Chris Bosh trade the Raptors suffered slightly while Brandon Roy took his time adjusting to his new home. After a few games, though, Roy caught fire and since then the Raptors have been hot. Although Curry and Haslem have been performing well in Toronto, the Raptors still lack a serious inside threat to make a run deep into the playoffs.

12. Image
San Antonio Spurs (-3) [14-10]

San Antonio is sitting quietly in the 6th playoff spot slowly getting rolling now that TD has been healthy. Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan lead this veteran lineup determined to make another run before their time is up. In my opinion they need one more solid star before they can be considered a serious contender though.

11. Image
Dallas Mavericks (+6) [14-11]

In all honesty the Spurs and Mavericks are nearly identical. These two spots could easily be interchangeable. O'Neal/Duncan. McGrady/Ginobili. Felton/Miller, etc. I put the Mavs slightly ahead of the Spurs just because they have been winning more games since the last power rankings. Like the Spurs, the Mavs are one star short of being title worthy.

--The Pretenders--

10. Image
Los Angeles Clippers (+4) [15-9]

Iverson has had a hot hand while leading the Clippers through the West standings. Paired with Rashard Lewis, LAC has made it clear that they should be taken as a legitimate team. However, they do not have enough fire power right now to be considered one of the West's elite. Furthermore, no team has been successful with AI manning the point.

9.Image
Oklahoma City Thunder (+6) [15-9]

Oklahoma City is another team that started off slow but has since gotten into a rhythm. LaMarcus Aldridge and Andrew Bogut form one of the more complete frontcourts in the league and Shawn Marion is still a top player in the league. The team has a lot of potential in the years to come, and could make a splash in the playoffs right now.

8. Image
New Jersey Nets (-7) [19-5]

The Nets shouldn't even be this high, but they find ways to keep winning games. GM Josh Barber demolished his star studded lineup in favor of youth and potential, essentially starting a rebuilding age in New Jersey. Apparently his players didn't get the message because the Nets, lead by Andrea Bargnani and Kevin Durant, continue to win games.

7. Image
Chicago Bulls (+16) [15-10]

Chris Paul, Andre Iguodala, Mehmet Okur lead this deep Bulls roster poised to make a deep push into the playoffs. The Bulls GM is now back from a long vacation and is looking to make some moves to further benefit his team and make them a serious contender.

6. Image
Minnesota Timberwolves (+21) [14-8]

The Timberwolves are the hottest team in the league right now, and made the biggest jump in the power rankings, catapulting from 27th to 6th. Amare Stoudemire has been stellar while Steve Nash, Corey Maggette, and Antwan Jamison have picked up their game to bring the T'wolves on the brink of breaking out into a serious contending team. They now sit atop their division only 3 games out of 1st overall in the west.

--The Contenders--

5. Image
New Orleans Hornets (+4) [16-7]

New Orleans has a very solid starting lineup and also a very small lineup. The small ball has worked out decently for the Hornets so far though, with Prince, Randolph, and Artest leading the way. Will the Hornets have enough and be able to keep playing small against Phoenix's Dirk and KG though? In my opinion they need to add size if they want to go far in the playoffs.

4. Image
Detroit Pistons (+9) [15-8]

The Pistons acquired Kenyon Martin from the Nets not too long ago and have been gaining momentum since. It allowed for Gerald Wallace to move back to his natural position of SF and deepened their lineup. As long as they can stay healthy, the Pistons have a shot to go far into the playoffs and make some noise.

3. Image
Phoenix Suns (0) [18-6]

Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett...these two players are carrying the Suns on their backs right now. Two superstar big men are plenty to lead a team far into the playoffs, but they may want to look into trying to get a new PG as the young, inexperienced Mike Conley is having trouble leading this veteran team at times.

2. Image
Charlotte Bobcats (0) [20-6]

Nothing has changed much in Cha-town, and thats a good thing. Kirlienko and JO continue to lead these Cats in their wins and atop the Eastern Conference. They hit a minor slump recently, but its nothing to worry about. These Bobcats are for real and are a serious title contending team.

1. Image
Atlanta Hawks (+4) [19-5]

All the pieces are falling together for the Hawks. The new GM hasn't had to make any moves so far to already have a team ready to win the title. Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger, and Al Jefferson form one of the toughest front courts in the leagues. Their weakest position may very well be their PG, Jose Calderon, which goes to speak just how strong their team is.

...for this and more please visit D5PN's Media Center.
Shing

Postby Shing on Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:45 am

Image Chris Bosh - Boston Celtics
Original - Kevin Garnett (obviously)

For more jersey switches, please visit the D5PN Media Center.
Shing

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:53 am

That's a pretty nice switch, well done. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Shing on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:46 pm

Andrew wrote:That's a pretty nice switch, well done. (Y)

Thx :D
Shing

Postby Shing on Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:24 am

Dynasty Five was down for a while (whilst I finished my masters dissertation!) and now it's back! There's some teams that need filling, you know what to do! (Y)
Shing

Postby Shing on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:28 pm

FOURTH SEASON BEGINS
Register today and take control of one of the four open teams:
Golden State Warriors:
(Andrew Bynum / Al Jefferson / Jeff Green / Kelenna Azubuike / TJ Ford - Brooke Lopez / Chris Andersen / Courtney Lee)

Los Angeles Clippers
(Brad Miller / Glen Davis / Ryan Anderson / Randy Foye / Jonny Flynn - Larry Hughes / Nate Robinson)

Memphis Grizzlies
(Erick Dampier / Brendan Bass / Stephen Jackson / Joey Graham / Mike Conley - Gerald Henderson)

Portland Trailblazers
(Hasheem Thabeet / Brandan Wright / Peja Stojakovic / Michael Finley / Andre Miller - Andris Biedrins / Corey Brewer / Derek Fisher)
Shing

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Thanks for the update, I've posted a notice on the main page.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Shing on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:18 pm

Awesome, thx man!
Shing

Postby TOKOS on Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:22 am

Very interesting effort. What is the structure of the league and how GM's participate? What should potential GM's do or have?
I have followed the link you gave but no certain rule page could be found. Any helping details would be wellcomed.
TOKOS

Postby Shing on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:56 pm

TOKOS wrote:Very interesting effort. What is the structure of the league and how GM's participate? What should potential GM's do or have?
I have followed the link you gave but no certain rule page could be found. Any helping details would be wellcomed.

D5 tries to emulated real life as much as possible. New members can sign up to be General Manager of a team, or if there are no teams available they can become an assistant either permanently or atleast until a spot opens up.
New GMs must create salary charts and depth charts in their team's section (so that I know how to change their lineups on NBA Live 06 which I used to sim games, and so that other GMs can scout through team sections to look for potential trade opportunities).

Dynasty Five's Rules & Information are all contained in their dedicated section.

Thanks to Andrew giving us a frontpage NLSC headline we've filled all the teams for now. But that doesn't stop you from applying to be an Assistant until a spot becomes available.
Shing

Postby Shing on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:21 pm

Shing

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:11 am

Thanks for the update, I've posted a notice on the main page as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Shing on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:15 pm

Andrew wrote:Thanks for the update, I've posted a notice on the main page as well.

Thanks again Andrew. :bowdown:
Shing

Postby Shing on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Shing

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:38 am

If only. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Shing on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:30 pm

After this Off Season, who knows :)
Shing

Postby Shing on Mon May 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Shing

Postby Andrew on Wed May 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Good to hear. As I mentioned in the other thread, I've posted a bulletin over on the main page.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Shing on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:53 am

There are currently 5 teams open at Dynasty Five Fantasy League.

http://dynasty5ive.proboards.com/
Shing

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard