Soft Launch for New(ish) Design

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Soft Launch for New(ish) Design

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:10 pm

You may noticed some slight changes to the Forum header, and a more significant update to the main site:
http://www.nba-live.com/
http://forums.nba-live.com/

Basically, we've been working here and there on sprucing up the design, which wasn't quite ready to go. However, an update to the theme our previous design was based on broke everything, and a rollback was unsuccessful, so I decided to go ahead and start implementing the new design sooner rather than later.

There are still some adjustments to make to the web and mobile versions of both the main site and Forum, so please bear with me while I make those fixes. In the meantime, everything should remain functional, but you may see an out of place colour and the like while I'm polishing things up.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Soft Launch for New(ish) Design

Postby Arcane on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:21 pm

The look is cleaner and clearer
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackie Kong on Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:03 am

Yes, I like the new site much more than the previous one. Mostly, I feel like it handles white spaces much better.

Just a brief comment. Personally, I find the navbar on the desktop view a bit overloaded. I would put "Videos" and "Contest" under "Features" or I would make the Hamburger button persistent so when you are using the desktop view you see the most relevant links on the navigation bar and the rest when you click on the button. Then, when you use the mobile version or when you reduce the width of the browser's window you see it as it is now. It is just a thought though.
Jackie Kong

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:46 am

Appreciate the feedback!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard