NLSC Wiki

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

NLSC Wiki

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:04 am

NLSC Wiki

This is the place to discuss ideas and content for the NLSC Wiki. Announcements will also be posted here.

The Wiki is probably one of our more underutilised resources, which is understandable as a lot information is posted in the Forum instead. However, I'd still like for us to try and make good use of it, as I believe we can make it a comprehensive resource for anyone looking for information on basketball video games. There are already articles on the games themselves, as well as aspects of gameplay, game modes, modding terminology and tutorials, slider explanations, and so forth. However, I know we can make those resources even better.

You don't need to register an account to modify 99% of the Wiki, as only a few important pages are protected, or restricted to administrator-only editing. That said, if you're concerned about privacy, or plan on making frequent contributions, then creating an account is probably a good idea.

I realise it might be a bit difficult to know where to start. To help out in that regard, I've gone ahead and created a To Do List, which I'll continue to update with specific items. As it stands, it should provide an outline of what needs to be done. If you need help with the markup and formatting, as well as other technical info about the Wiki, you can find that here. There's also a Stubs category, which lists articles that definitely need expanding.

Any other questions, ideas, or concerns, once again, this is the place to talk about all of that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Wiki

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:13 am

Here's an example of an article that I created recently: NBA Live Create-a-Player Limits

This is a topic that's come up a lot in the Forum, so I figured it would be handy to have that information all in one place, in one easy to find reference. Because it's in the Wiki, it can easily be edited if there are errors, or additional information that needs to be added. Once again using that article as an example, I noted some things that need to be done on its discussion page.

Information like that about NBA Live, NBA 2K, and other basketball video games, is the kind of stuff I'd like to make sure we have in our Wiki. If it's a frequently asked question, something people want to know, then we should have a resource for it.

As I've noted in the To Do List, expanding the resources beyond NBA Live is also important. There's a lot of NBA 2K content in the Wiki already, but because the Wiki was created when we were still primarily covering just NBA Live, some of the articles about modes like Create-a-Player are very NBA Live-centric. What I'd like to do is re-write those articles to be more general, and create more specific articles for the NBA Live and NBA 2K versions of those features. The sliders pages could also stand to be broken up by game. Anyway, the outline is there in the To Do list.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard