Episode #15 (January 28th, 2013)
Hosts: Leftos, Andrew, Arcane
It's that time of the week again: a new NLSC Podcast is coming your way, hosted by Leftos, Ben and myself. As always, we talk about the latest basketball video game and NBA news, before moving on to some other areas of interest and even getting a little nostalgic. If you're looking for a quick overview of this week's episode, here you go:
- We open with some chatter that includes the weather and in the process, get a great idea for a new theme park...patent pending.
- The conversation turns a little dark, so we move on to a recap of the week in news.
- NBA 2K13 and NBA Jam: On Fire Edition received roster updates last week, the latter prompting a little more discussion than the former.
- A couple of potentially interesting notes about NBA Live are touched upon very briefly.
- The Hornets will officially become the Pelicans effective as of next season and we know what their logo will look like. Has it changed our minds about the new name?
- The reserves for the 2013 All-Star game have been announced. We react and talk about a couple of noteworthy snubs.
- Leftos has no interest in discussing the Bulls/Pistons game, but I do get to express some enthusiasm for Jimmy Butler's recent play.
- Changing things up, we talk about some of our favourite web series, including the returning Nostalgia Critic.
- Mention of the Critic leads us to reminisce about a few things we're nostalgic for.
Click here to listen to the show!
A fair warning, at times the language in this week's podcast is coarser than usual and not what you'll see in news posts and feature articles here on the NLSC. It's something we can tone down (or simply bleep) if it becomes a problem for you, our listeners, so let us know your feelings on that as well as your thoughts on this week's topics and the show overall.