The Friday Five: 5 Improvements Needed for MyCAREER

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Wiki and other site related issues and content here. Site and community announcements are also posted in this section.

The Friday Five: 5 Improvements Needed for MyCAREER

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Another Friday is upon us, so I've posted a new edition of The Friday Five. This week I'm counting down five things I'd like to see added in MyCAREER in NBA 2K14:
http://www.nba-live.com/the-friday-five ... -mycareer/

Appreciate the responses to the first edition last week, nice to see there's some interest in features like this. Once again I hope you enjoy reading it and that it provokes a little discussion on this week's topic.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube Channel

Thanks to TheDee for the signature!
Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Improvements Needed for MyCAREER

Postby Axel. on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Great list. (Y) #1 is definitely something that should have been fixed this year. The "Allow Man to Score" penalty is the worst, especially if you're a point guard guarding a Chris Paul or a Tony Parker. These are players that will get their points one way or another. Penalizing almost half a grade just for allowing two points in the middle of say the second or third quarter is arguably the biggest injustice of the mode; you can't hold your opponent down forever.

I think the amount we are deducted should vary by context and situation, and that's probably the best approach to take. If I allowed two points because I got caught on a screen and my teammates didn't help defensively, the penalty shouldn't be too severe. If I allowed my man to go right past me for an easy layup, in the final minutes of the fourth quarter, then I wouldn't mind being deducted half a grade. Definitely hoping that gets fixed in 2K14.
Major thanks to Clutch for the excellent signature! Click it to read my association!
May I also interest you in:
Houston, We Have a Dynasty (Hall of Fame)
Axel.
Hoping for Melo...

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Absolutely; along with "allow pass inside" and "allow offensive rebound", it's one of the sketchier assessments, possession to possession. I've actually had a blocked shot positive grade completely negated by the "allow offensive rebound" deduction when the player managed to retain possession after I blocked him. Considering it was a rather impressive block that I got to just in time after a teammate left the player wide open, it wasn't exactly fair. Context should definitely carry greater weight in grading.

Thanks for checking out the article! :)
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)

Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator

Postby Axel. on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Yeah, you're doing a great job with these Friday Five articles. I've read quite a few of them and they provide great reads. (Y) Looking forward to future articles. :)
Major thanks to Clutch for the excellent signature! Click it to read my association!
May I also interest you in:
Houston, We Have a Dynasty (Hall of Fame)
Axel.
Hoping for Melo...

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Good to know, appreciate the feedback! I'm continuing to compile a list of ideas for future Fives so that I've always got a topic ready to go if something doesn't happen to come up during the week, so I'm open to suggestions for topics to discuss, rate and rank. :)

Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator

Return to NLSC Hub