Episode #8 (November 27th)
Hosts: Leftos, Andrew
Episode 8 of the NLSC Podcast is coming your way today! Leftos and I are your hosts again this week, as we discuss a multitude of topics relating to NBA 2K13, our modding community, the future of NBA Live and the current NBA season. Topics include:
- The Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 versions of NBA 2K13 have received an official patch, but when will the PC get it?
- Speaking of official updates for the PC, we still haven’t received the November 17th update. We’re less than pleased about it.
- We discuss the PC version’s place in the pecking order, while keeping our fingers crossed that it doesn’t get phased out.
- Our modding community continues to do great work and make good use of our upload facilities.
- We’re approaching 300 files for NBA 2K13 in our database…can we hit 500 by the end of the year?
- The topic of the week is realism in modes like Association and Dynasty. How much realism do we want to see? What else needs to be done for more realism?
- NBA Live comes up in conversation and we talk about how it could bounce back in the coming years. Dynasty Mode improvements are mentioned once or twice.
- What’s going on in the real NBA this week?
- Last week’s Question of the Week is discussed and a new one is presented.
Click here to listen to the show!
Question of the Week: Realism in Association & Dynasty Modes
How much realism do you like/want to have in modes like Association and Dynasty? Do you find that too many trades or a fantasy draft spoils the experience? Also, what kind of things would you like to see added to enhance realism in those modes? Give us your thoughts and we'll share some of them on the next podcast!
We had intended to release a shorter episode compared to last week’s return after our hiatus, but we ended up running long as we were enjoying our discussion; we hope you enjoy it too!