New to nba2k13 pc questions

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

New to nba2k13 pc questions

Postby Emirpk on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:13 am

Hi,

I just got nba 2k13 for pc (I know a little late :D). I'm having some issues with the game that I hope someone can help me with.

1. Is there a way to map shoot, pass, etc to the mouse? The controller setup menu has a mouse/keyboard option but it won't let me set any mouse buttons.

2. Do I have to load my modified roster every time I start the game? The game only loads the default roster when it starts, any way to choose which roster to load at start up?

3. Two blacktop questions. Is there a way to set up the rules for blacktop (I.e. Points to win, winner's ball instead of loser's ball)? I didn't see any options. And what's with the crowd in blacktop? It gets blurry during close ups like during the beginning intro and end of the game. Also the crowds aren't even in 3d, they look like 2d cardboard cut outs. Although I think I saw 3d crowds in a blacktop video, is there an option for that?

Thanks.
Emirpk

Re: New to nba2k13 pc questions

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:41 am

1. I don't think so
2. Nope, you have to goto options/load every time
3. There is no way to setup custom rules, and make sure you have the crowd detail set to high in video settings to avoid that issue.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Emirpk on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:05 am

Thanks a lot! I've been trying to figure this stuff out for a long time but google turned up nothing and other forums are pretty dead. Thanks again for the quick and clear reply.
Emirpk

Postby Emirpk on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Can you help me out with two more questions?

1. So I tried setting crowd detail to high and the crowds in blacktop are 3d now but they still appear blurry in close ups I guess that's just how it is. But I also see video options that are greyed out like framerate and player detail, can those be set?

2. Is the passing icon for center wrong on defense? It says it is c but that passes it to the pf position. It is correct on offense though, is there a fix for this?

Thanks!
Emirpk

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:51 pm

1. you can set those through the menu options when you load the game/quit a game. You can't change them while the game is loaded. It sounds like you are talking about depth of field though. If you are using a controller, click the right stick in to remove it. If not, turn off depth of field in the video settings.

2. I dont know, I use an xbox controller.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Emirpk on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:33 am

Thanks a lot! You were right about the video settings. For some reason the icon displayed for center during icon passing/swap are different on offense and defense, I'm guessing they should be the same button, must be a bug oh well. Thanks again from your help.
Emirpk

Return to NBA 2K13