Players acquiring signature skills in association?

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Players acquiring signature skills in association?

Postby Axel The Great on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:01 am

I've done many (simmed) associations and noticed that after the offseason, some players acquire an additional signature skill. For example, I've seen James Harden acquire the Anti-Freeze signature skill, Jrue Holiday get Lockdown Defender, and others. Does anyone know the logic and requirements behind players acquiring signature skills? I'm sure developing players in certain areas (such as on-ball defense = Lockdown Defender, or Consistency = Anti-Freeze) is one way, but how would a signature skill like Closer be acquired, considering there's no clutch rating in 2K13?
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: Players acquiring signature skills in association?

Postby JaoSming on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:51 am

some info on OS

All this leads me to believe that adding sig skills has nothing to do with attributes and it's really down to randomness(e.g. if your player has 82+ pass rating he may or may not develop dimer).

Yes, players develop sig skills in online association. As the previous post mentioned, it may be random which player receives the sig skill. Loosely based on specific attributes for that skill. Read the "my player" attribute ratings to see the required number for each skill to activate.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... kills.html
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Axel The Great on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:56 am

Ah, I see. Makes sense now. Thanks. (Y)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Bella on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 pm

The way I did it in my association (for my team) was set goals before the season started, and if that player passed that goal, they would get a signature skill, e.g if Lebron averages 10apg he gets dimer, or if Dwayne Wade makes 45% of his midranges, he gets spot up shooter. I feel these kind of moves really help with realism and player development, and make the whole experience much more fun.
Bella

Return to NBA 2K13