Momentum bullshit

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Momentum bullshit

Postby JWL3 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Is there a slider for momentum? I'm getting sick and tired of how overwhelming momentum is in this game. You should never feel like you're not in control of a video game and momentum makes it look like I'm watching the game with no control over my players.

I'm up 20 going into the 4th. And the other team (CPU) dunks a few times. The next thing I know, all my passes are getting intercepted, my wide open jumpers are bricks. I even had a WIDE OPEN breakaway layup that MISSED! Meanwhile on the other side, they're getting putback dunks, getting all the rebounds, stealing, etc. This is bullshit.

I finally decide to call a time out. And soon, my team is doing exactly the same crap. I'm hitting fadeaway 3's and stripping every pass. last time I was trading buckets with the Spurs and they go nuts. I decided not to call time out to see just what it would take to break the momentum. After an 18-0 run, I finally score. And in that 4 minutes, I was force feeding D Howard who couldn't score inside on about 6 shots. For real?

This is nonsense and I'm sick of it. I feel like I have to call 3 timeouts in a row to "wipe the slate clean" somehow.
JWL3

Re: Momentum bullshit

Postby JWL3 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Oh yeah, this is hilarious.

So after the Clippers ridiculous run to cut my lead from 20 to 8, Howard chucks in a retarded, fully defended fadeaway. And 1. My cpu guy strips Clippers. Another bs D Howard And 1 play. He got stripped but quickly got the ball back. If momentum was against me, it would have been a Clipper dunk.

C'mon man, this is horseshit.
JWL3

Postby levynagy on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:36 pm

JWL3 wrote:Oh yeah, this is hilarious.

I would say this is rather sad...
levynagy

Postby Its_asdf on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:59 pm

Have you tried adjusting your difficulty level and sliders to your playstyle? That might be the cause of your problems.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Pdub on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:36 am

Clippers ridiculous run? I run with the Clippers, and all I do is struggle all game until the second half where I make major defensive plays and scores on the offensive end. Maybe you should just keep the score close for 3 quarters, make sure your losing so you can make the comeback. You have Kobe, right?

I make adjustments all the time. Most teams kill me inside early if they have the talent. I quickly change my defensive strategy to lock down the paint and it works well. If the other team has 3 point bombers, I will increase my on ball pressure to compensate. If they are killing me on the fast break when I force inside passes(like you to force feeding Howard, I do it to Blake Griffin on P&R's) resulting in turnovers, I lower my fast break the next timeout but change my offensive strategy to Leak Out to keep potential for a break with the farthest player out.

I used the guide from OS that shows how to adjust the sliders based on the difficulty level to even out the player ratings since the higher difficulty levels come with CPU rating boosts.

Quick question. Does this happen to you against teams that aren't good?
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JWL3 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:59 am

It's not whatever strategy I'm using. I don't mind losing but losing in this way is ridiculous. momentum is overwhelming. It completely dictates what happens. If you're on the wrong end of a run and you refuse to call a time out, the CPU will run you into the ground. You need to call 2-3 timeouts to completely neutralize a run and level the playing field again. I don't know what the programmers were thinking but this is not real. You can get hot but bottom line is that my layup attempt should be a hit while your fade away should be a miss. When I'm getting slammed, I lose balls, can't box out, miss easy open shots, make bad passes. At first I thought it was just a random occurrence but this happens so often that it cannot be.
JWL3

Return to NBA 2K13