problem with save

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

problem with save

Postby dim-3D on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:14 am

ok guys i have a problem with the game

I can't save the season games. For some reason when i try to save i have a message that says something like {save to the hard disc has failed} can't remember the actual message word by word. I own the game, i didn't downloaded it or anything and i can't remember having any problems during the installation. I play the game for about a week now and just today i tried to begin the season mode and that problem appeared. I haven't tried to save in any other mode (my player or my career yet). So far only exhibition games. This is my first 2k game.
dim-3D

Re: problem with save

Postby zones. on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:21 pm

that particular save may just be corrupt.
start a new save and see if the problem persists. if not then
make sure to back up your saves from now on, as this
is not an uncommon occurrence, no matter what platform
you may be playing the game on.

You're better than who? WE are #CavsNation
zones.

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:22 pm

I've encountered that issue in years past and it's only ever happened when I've inserted the disc and let the game fire up from the autorun. As a result, I'm only able to overwrite existing saves; when I try to create a new save, I encounter the error message you mentioned. However, when I quit out and launch the game manually from the desktop or Start Menu shortcut, everything works as normal.

I'm guessing that there's a bug associated with the autorun where the game recognises saves on the hard drive and can overwrite them, but tries to write new saves to the game disc (which it obviously can't). Seems they still haven't corrected it for at least the third year running. If you don't want to disable autorun on your DVD drive, you can always hold down the left Shift key while putting the disc in to manually stop autorun, then launch the game from the desktop or Start Menu shortcut.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby dim-3D on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:57 am

Andrew wrote:I've encountered that issue in years past and it's only ever happened when I've inserted the disc and let the game fire up from the autorun. As a result, I'm only able to overwrite existing saves; when I try to create a new save, I encounter the error message you mentioned. However, when I quit out and launch the game manually from the desktop or Start Menu shortcut, everything works as normal.

I'm guessing that there's a bug associated with the autorun where the game recognises saves on the hard drive and can overwrite them, but tries to write new saves to the game disc (which it obviously can't). Seems they still haven't corrected it for at least the third year running. If you don't want to disable autorun on your DVD drive, you can always hold down the left Shift key while putting the disc in to manually stop autorun, then launch the game from the desktop or Start Menu shortcut.

yeap!! that was it!! problem solved, thans a lot man :)
dim-3D

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:49 am

You're welcome. :) Kind of annoying they still haven't fixed that, but it's an easy enough workaround.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby DukeW74 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Another small tip on PC anyway. Alt-Tab out of the game, go to saves, copy another save, roster, whatever and name it what you were going to name it before, then back to the game and overwrite the freshly created copy. This is mainly for if you just have to have a save without losing all progress by closing the game.
DukeW74

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Ah, good tip. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K13