NBA 2K13 released in Amazon & Steam.

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Re: Digital Copy is being released on Oct 16

Postby RapboY on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:05 pm

i just cancelled my preorder from amazon of their digital release, hopefully I find a retail copy tomorrow.
RapboY

Postby joegti10 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:05 pm

12:04 and no DD anywhere. Unreal.

Guess ill be phoning around the local best buys in the AM to see if anyone has the game.
joegti10

Postby RapboY on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:10 pm

they're not even addressing us.... they're too busy playing blacktop..

https://twitter.com/LD2k/status/252980823320559617
RapboY

Postby daninoz on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:11 pm

I'm so mad right now. First no All Star in PC, then this.
daninoz

Postby benji on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:14 pm

RapboY wrote:they're not even addressing us.... they're too busy playing blacktop..

What is there to address, he already confirmed the delay.
benji

Postby pacificsmoke on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:18 pm

GOT the PC version! (physical copy) The guy let me leave an hour early so that I could get back on the road :D

Going to go install it now...Any questions, take it to the QA thread. I'll be up all night.
Last edited by pacificsmoke on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pacificsmoke

Postby RapboY on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:21 pm

benji wrote:
RapboY wrote:they're not even addressing us.... they're too busy playing blacktop..

What is there to address, he already confirmed the delay.

oh, as to why this delay happened. I at least want to know why. I'm furious right now. ahh geez.
RapboY

Postby Nick on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:23 pm

I just tweeted ronnie and chris about my disappointment for the delayed digital PC release. PC users unite!
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby chaodck on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:28 pm

Nick wrote:I just tweeted ronnie and chris about my disappointment for the delayed digital PC release. PC users unite!

Already did it, I don't expect to get a response, I just hope they read it.
Cheers,

@AlfonsoPoblete.
chaodck

Postby benji on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:31 pm

RapboY wrote:oh, as to why this delay happened. I at least want to know why. I'm furious right now. ahh geez.

Probably doesn't know. This was a decision by higher ups at 2K as VC clearly finished the PC version already.

And right now the PR guys are having their big launch for the people who actually matter, the console users.

I'm sure Ronnie will have the prepared meaningless PR statement ready to tweet in a few days.
benji

Postby RapboY on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:35 pm

yep, when people have already torrented the f out this game. I really hate Ronnie. (just felt like saying that lol).

well, hopefully at least everyone here at NLSC buys the game. I know they're ducks, but we still have to support them.
RapboY

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:58 pm

guys, don't go all "I'm not buying it" then start posting impressions or patches. IF you talk about doing "it" get a ban-job.

This sucks, this should not be supported, but aint nothing we can do on this site other than play another game in protest.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby erudain on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:24 pm

solovoy wrote:I'm so mad right now. First no All Star in PC, then this.

Yup and if you live in the ass of the world (like us) the fastest and most secure way to get the game is via Steam....no where you'll find a retail disc tomorrow (not even in Buenos Aires), so you have to either, purchase with Steam or buy a retail disc in the US/Europe, have it send to your home via Fedex or DHL (pray it doesn't get stuck in customs) and end up paying USD 100-150 total for a USD 60 game.
erudain

Postby joegti10 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:29 am

well, called around and not one store has the PC version. Im really pissed. Im close to just buying a perowned ps3 or xbox and being done with this nonsense.
joegti10

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:34 am

joegti10, is getting the game a few days late worth buying a preowned console? Think this through. NBA 2K on consoles has its advantages, but you'll be missing out on all the work this community does for the PC version, so you may want to think again.

Up to you.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby joegti10 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:37 am

Leftos wrote:joegti10, is getting the game a few days late worth buying a preowned console? Think this through. NBA 2K on consoles has its advantages, but you'll be missing out on all the work this community does for the PC version, so you may want to think again.

Up to you.

14 days isnt a 'few' days. Its a kick in the balls.
joegti10

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:42 am

joegti10, I understand, I thought you had the option of Retail on Friday. If you don't, I completely understand. I feel the same way, but I may have found a shop in my suburb that will sell me the game early. I don't want to go retail, but I'm not waiting two weeks.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby joegti10 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:45 am

Leftos wrote:joegti10, I understand, I thought you had the option of Retail on Friday. If you don't, I completely understand. I feel the same way, but I may have found a shop in my suburb that will sell me the game early. I don't want to go retail, but I'm not waiting two weeks.

Um, the retail was released last night but not one store has it. Like I said, it may be time to think about moving on to a console if I want to play these games when they're released. PC is getting less and less support for these console releases each day.
joegti10

Postby erudain on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:46 am

Well someone said they migth be doing this to say "X millon of copies sold"

Actually I think they are doing the opposite, they've said that there wont be a nba 2k14 for PC so this could be all part of their strategy....

- You release the game 2 weeks later than in retail knowing that a huge part of the PC community prefers DD than retail (or has no other option like me)
- You give pirates 2 weeks to work on cracks and stuff.
- You lose customers who don't want to wait for the official DD release and get a pirate copy.
- You can go to your stockholders and say "PC version had a drop of X % sales compared to last year" and convince them not to release a 2k14 Pc game....

Tinfoil hat mode on :shock:
erudain

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:47 am

joegti10, I have trouble reading the simplest of posts. I need sleep. :P

But yes, I understand completely.

Even more so, instead of going with just Steam and being done with it, they've went with a gazillion DDs again, which will probably mean that any bugs we find won't be fixed until March anyway. Why not go just with Steam and be able to get patches out at the same time as the consoles? Baffles me.

erudain, I've also mentioned this "conspiracy theory", which even if it isn't a conspiracy, this debacle may just as well end up like this. 2K should have released DD before the pirated version, or else people don't rush to buy the game early, or have time to be disappointed and not buy it when it becomes available. And it might just lead to "PC had a lot of piracy last year, no PC version".

But where did you see that they said that they're not planning on releasing NBA 2K14 on PC? Don't think they ever said that.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby erudain on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:50 am

joegti10 wrote:
Leftos wrote:joegti10, I understand, I thought you had the option of Retail on Friday. If you don't, I completely understand. I feel the same way, but I may have found a shop in my suburb that will sell me the game early. I don't want to go retail, but I'm not waiting two weeks.

Um, the retail was released last night but not one store has it. Like I said, it may be time to think about moving on to a console if I want to play these games when they're released. PC is getting less and less support for these console releases each day.

Yup....I already had the kick in the balls this week with Resident Evil 6....seems if you don't have a PS3 or XBOX 360 you are a pariah...
erudain

Postby benji on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:53 am

Leftos wrote:Why not go just with Steam and be able to get patches out at the same time as the consoles? Baffles me.

Were you around for 2K9 when the game required Steam and everyone threw a shit fit about the "spyware" they have to run to play the game?
Last edited by benji on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
benji

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:53 am

erudain, you could always order from amazon or another store online and get it in a few days
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby chaodck on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:54 am

Leftos wrote:joegti10, I have trouble reading the simplest of posts. I need sleep. :P

But yes, I understand completely.

Even more so, instead of going with just Steam and being done with it, they've went with a gazillion DDs again, which will probably mean that any bugs we find won't be fixed until March anyway. Why not go just with Steam and be able to get patches out at the same time as the consoles? Baffles me.

erudain, I've also mentioned this "conspiracy theory", which even if it isn't a conspiracy, this debacle may just as well end up like this. 2K should have released DD before the pirated version, or else people don't rush to buy the game early, or have time to be disappointed and not buy it when it becomes available. And it might just lead to "PC had a lot of piracy last year, no PC version".

But where did you see that they said that they're not planning on releasing NBA 2K14 on PC? Don't think they ever said that.

Football Manager went that way since last year's version (FM 2012) and it worked like a charm, patching the game constantly (as bugs arose), and also selling the game, via Steam redeemeable codes in all other Digital Distributors (in fact, I bought, both FM 2012 and pre-ordered FM 2013 from other distributors, not Steam). Its really dumb on their part, and that only adds insult to the injury.
chaodck

Postby benji on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:57 am

And like 2K9, a good number of fans went insane over having to use Steam to play FM.
benji

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13