The Official NBA 2K13 Impressions Thread

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Re: The Official NBA 2K13 Impressions Thread

Postby volsey on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:35 am

Lictor wrote:Hi guys , why menu graphics are horrible ? I really liked in game graphics but team select screen etc . player graphics are really horrible . Did you notice this ? Or it happens only my computer ? :/

There was a thread about this. It appears to be an issue with Nvidia Control Panel/AMD Catalyst, but I couldn't pinpoint exactly what setting was causing the blurry players. Regardless, it can be fixed as I had the blurry players before reconfiguring my Nvidia Control Panel settings, now they're sharp.

Nick wrote:I was really excited about MyCareer mode before, but i'm in my 2nd season now and starting to get bored because it takes so damn long to get SP. I'm on the edge of saying fuck it, and finding a way to cheat, just so i can improve my player. If i had the console version then there would be a variety of ways i can get "VC", but on PC getting points takes freaking forever. I want some pre-game rituals and sweet animations, but first i gotta improve my attributes to match his hype. This guy has commercials galore, that label him as "one of the best". He's getting shoe deals, he's a hit on a twitter. But why? He hasn't proven anything yet other than being an athletic PG shooting 40% off the bench.

Bang on. 2k12 your player could average a triple double and rarely get mentioned. They overcompensated this year, and now you can feel like a GOD averaging 15-3-3 shooting 35%. And I felt the same way about wanting to cheat just to get to a reasonable point where I could contribute. It really is a shame we didn't get VC points integrated, as even signing a few of those dumb autographs on the mini Android/iOS app, you can get more VC points than 2 or 3 FULL games played in MyCareer. In other words you see why Skill Points are so stringent in MyCareer.

For me, I've got sliders to where I want, which is tough this year as game to game, there seems to be more randomness or unpredictability to each team played against. Which creates a funner, more realistic game, but also tougher to judge and create balanced sliders.

I've got to be a broken record here, as my only constant gripe with this game is Pace. I've probably played 30 12min quarter games by now, and I don't think I've ONCE even seen the opposing team have a time of possession higher than 23:30. Meaning I've always had a significantly higher ToP than the opposing team, and it's not like I'm sitting wasting the shotclock every possession. The CPU seems to push the ball every time after a miss unless your ENTIRE team is back set up in defense. So even if the CPU is outnumbered 2-3 on the break, they'll stick push and huck up a quick shot because not all of your players are back. Being outnumbered has no influence on their decision, just the amount of players your team has back.

With crash Off-boards set to zero, and focusing strongly on getting every player back on D or trying to pressure the ball hander (which is often more of a gamble I find), I occasionally slow the CPU down, and they set up an actual offense, and it's an amazing feeling. This game would be perfect in my mind if the CPU knew when to push and when not to. Because at times when they push the ball it feels incredibly challenging, but authentic. And then other times it just feels waaaaay too out of control. The half court offense is so good as well that it's frustrating I don't get to see it as often as I should, and that low post players don't get nearly as many touches as they should because of the pace.
volsey

Postby bowdown on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:23 pm

Damian Lillard is now rated 82 by the official 2k updates...Damn
bowdown

Postby DukeW74 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 am

After a week or two into the season I thought he was a bit low, but as good as he has been he is not an 82, of course 90% of the players are rated too high by 2K anyway. IMHO
DukeW74

Postby Lamrock on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:35 am

I'm still using the default rosters, so even with development points, Lillard is nowhere near 82 yet in my association. Even as a Blazers homer, that's ridiculous. It's only six weeks and he still isn't that good of a defender or a star player on offense. I'll probably stick with bedwardsroy19 for my roster updates anyway.

I still love the game. A bit disappointed that I still don't have Portland's new alternates though.
Lamrock

Postby bowdown on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:37 am

Lamrock wrote:I'm still using the default rosters, so even with development points, Lillard is nowhere near 82 yet in my association. Even as a Blazers homer, that's ridiculous. It's only six weeks and he still isn't that good of a defender or a star player on offense. I'll probably stick with bedwardsroy19 for my roster updates anyway.

I still love the game. A bit disappointed that I still don't have Portland's new alternates though.

Hey, I play on Superstar difficulty in Association mode with the roster update when Lillard was rated 77...

I just cant for the life of me get his outside shot to fall consistantly. Have u experienced the same annoyance? His mid-range and 3 pointers are nowhere near his real life proficiency. I even increased his attributes in those departments but still it is very very unreliable. Good release and everything.
bowdown

Postby Taddis on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:29 pm

Is it just for me auto subs are ridiculous ? The logic behind auto subs is so messed up compared to nba 2k11 i currently still play still. Usually all players is being subbed out instantly on 1st quater and on the 2nd they put in some starters again and then instantly sub them out when its possible to make a sub . Also sometimes there is like 3 players constantly rotating on same position, if there is much fouling there is for example different point guard each possesion. Tried many kind of rosters , everytime same problems. This is first 2k game im forced to use manual subs all game.
Taddis

Postby Lamrock on Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:04 am

bowdown wrote:
Lamrock wrote:I'm still using the default rosters, so even with development points, Lillard is nowhere near 82 yet in my association. Even as a Blazers homer, that's ridiculous. It's only six weeks and he still isn't that good of a defender or a star player on offense. I'll probably stick with bedwardsroy19 for my roster updates anyway.

Hey, I play on Superstar difficulty in Association mode with the roster update when Lillard was rated 77...

I just cant for the life of me get his outside shot to fall consistantly. Have u experienced the same annoyance? His mid-range and 3 pointers are nowhere near his real life proficiency. I even increased his attributes in those departments but still it is very very unreliable. Good release and everything.

I play on All-Star with Real Player FG% and he's probably my best shooter. I did run him through several shooting development drills though.
Lamrock

Postby Kubbas24 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:14 am

how do you guys play online? i mean online is unplayablle, its laggy even on low, the game exits at the start, i mean even team up and quick match cant work
Kubbas24

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:01 am

Short answer, I personally don't. I prefer the offline experience in general.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K13