The NLSC Podcast is our official weekly podcast featuring members of the NLSC Team, in which we discuss NBA Live, NBA 2K, community news, the real NBA and other topics that capture our interest. This thread is intended to keep you all posted on the release of the latest episode; please see the NLSC Hub for all the respective discussion threads for each podcast. We hope that you enjoy the show!
Episode #30 (May 23rd, 2013)
Hosts: Andrew & Arcane
After featuring our biggest panel last week in our longest episode to date, we're down to a duo this week as illness and personal matters rule out a couple of regulars. Nevertheless, please join Ben and myself as we discuss the latest NBA Live 14 news, talk next gen consoles and get caught up on the latest NBA news and results.
- Without much in the way of community news this week, we dive straight into this week's headlines.
- We give our thoughts on EA Sports' pre-rendered trailers, how much we can take from them and what we want to see in further previews of NBA Live 14.
- I have a thing or two to say on the use of the words "cartoonish" and "cartoony" when critiquing basketball video games.
- Microsoft has revealed their next gen console, the Xbox One. We rundown the specs and offer our reactions.
- Moving on to the NBA discussion, we've arrived at the Conference Finals. Who's making it through to the championship round?
- A few other recent items of NBA news are discussed.
- We finish up by reading some of your thoughts on last week's topic, realism in basketball games compared to what we see on TV. Thanks for your input!
Click here to listen to the show! You can find the discussion thread for the episode here.
As always, feel free to give us your feedback on the show, as well as your thoughts on everything we discussed.