NBA 2k13 Wishlist

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Re: NBA 2k13 Wishlist

Postby _Steve_ on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:13 pm

I want correct stats and I'd hate to see again about 1/3 of my box scores deleted because of ... [?!?].
As many have already adressed, a better trade logic and more trade options would be nice.
Also rotation sub menues (settings for each position).
Passing! I'd like to have real fast breaks with bounce, lob or touchdown passes.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby Nick on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Well not like 2k are gonna read this in time but hey why not...

ASSOCIATION MODE.
Whether i buy the game or not hangs on whether they improve association mode.

- More realistic generated rookies. New facial graphics. + ratings and statistics and animations that actually make sense with the kind of player they are. Unique differences are nice here and there... but having a 300 lb PG they can block and hit the 3 is stupid.

- More history/legacy integration into the association mode. Be it for players, teams, or league era.

- More specific player development. Rather than every single attribute slowly going up over time, make it more realistic. I.e. speed and quickness go up ever so slightly from 17 - 21 years old, and stay about the same from 21 to like 28-29 yrs or so and then slowly start to go down as they go through their 30's. Athletic attributes should be the main rating that goes down once they hit like 33... not shooting or offensive awareness!!! Players don't forget how to shoot just because they're older. And offensive awareness is something you either have or don't have. You can improve it with experience but it doesn't go DOWN, ever. Do you think Jason Kidd's offensive awareness went down with age? Consistency can go up or down along with age, that's fine.
Athletic attributes should have more fluctuation depending on whether they are an athletic player or not. I.e. a SG who has 90 for quickness and verticle should see masive decreases in his 30's; they should be at 70 by the time he is like 35. Whereas someone like Dirk who came into the league with a so-so athleticism in the first place, shouldn't see massive increases/decreases.
All rating improvements/decreases should depend on the kind of player type they are and the position they play. I.e. a defensive center shouldn't have their 3pt go from 25 to 35, just as a PG shouldn't have their rebound and block go up from 40 to 60 as they progress. It doesn't make sense.

- Tendencies need to improve and decrease as the player progresses, since that is just as responsible for the stats they put up in Association mode as attributes are. I know they do a little bit already, but they need to actually make sense in 2k13. Centers all around the league who cant shoot having their 3pt tendency improve year to year DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. It actually reduces their FG%'s because they're shooting too many 3's.

- I'd like to see 'wingspans' in the game just as "body type" is. Something as siple as 'short, normal, long' is suffice.

- Better player-to-team integration. Both in terms of transactions aswell as on the court. After a few years into associations you start to see teams that have 3 point guards that are all 78+. Sometimes i have to resign from my own team and take over that team, just so i can trade the point guards away into a team that will actually give them playing time. Also, i'd like to see teams change their coach profile settings depending on the players on their roster. And even make trades depending what would help them on the basketball court. (rather than just player position, overall rating, and star value)

- Make players sign for less cash. After a few years of FA in Association mode every team is waaay over cap and mediocre players have massive contracts.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby imaiden on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:08 pm

It's too late now, but anyways a couple of suggestions, what I haven't seen in the game yet:
When it comes to presentation, I think it would be cool, if after the foul whistle, player with the ball would just shoot the ball randomly, some guys would even come and block them, like they do in real life.

like it happens here, before Iverson scores the huge rainbow shot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxVRQHU5It0

Being a bit of a stats freak, I'd also like more stats during the game, some people might find this obnoxious, why not add somekind of a slider or an option like we have already with replays. Perhaps even get scores and top scorers from the other games, not between quarters, I rarely watch that, but in the actual game.

Bring back at least the online system we had in NBA 2k11. The site was the most important part for an online league. You could customise the league, put people in other conferences, trade players among the teams, waive/assign them, DELETE GAMES (how is this not in 2k12?????) and other stuff... With online modes, 2k12 is a huge stepback, sure they added dynasty mode, but it was ridiculous.

2k11's online was far from perfect, you couldn't save sliders, team's options, playbooks and had re-adjust them every team you wanted to play a game (apart from sliders in a league, so me and my friends playing a league, created two separate leagues to have one for friendly games), but I'd much rather have all that back instead of 2k12's online.

Btw, all this is from a PC user's point of view.
imaiden

Postby dascoot on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:00 am

I know its too late but here are mine

1) Draft List- from the first year in the association to the current year you see a draft list of who teams drafted and the trades that were made on that night

2) NBA Comparison- I didn't see the who my rookie was compared to on NBA 2k12. I like an idea of who my rookie is like.

3) Better My Players Mode- I like NBA 2k11 mode better. I wish they would have stucked with that format and added the draft interviews. I don't play myplayer mode much in this version.

4) More Updated rosters- in 2k12 I was disappointed I didn't see Kyrie Irving, Derrick Williams and other good rookies. Am hoping they do better in NBA 2k13.

5) Depth Chart- I'd like to see a depth chart of who is a starter, 6th man, role player, bench, prospect. just think it would be neat to see.

6) Defense- its ridiculous to play great defense for 19-21 seconds only to have a player blow by me.

7) Rookie announcing- say the rookies first and last name all of them and not just certain ones.

8) Mini Games- Around the world, Nickels and dimes, Horse etc etc etc
dascoot

Postby Phraynk on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:00 pm

Pretty please put him in the game somehow <3

"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess."
Phraynk

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:05 pm

I'm guessing he'll be in the game. He hasn't retired as yet.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Phraynk on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:16 am

Vintage T-Mac I mean, not the washed up bench warmer. A man can dream, hahah.
"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess."
Phraynk

Postby chicagoRAW on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:35 am

I don't know if anyone said this but just like they have data updates for courts and shoes, they should also do it for players when new guys get called up from d-league. Example steisma from last year in the official roster has some generic ugly 2k face. Just have his real face in a data update and all the other players who don't have faces.
chicagoRAW

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Phraynk wrote:Vintage T-Mac I mean, not the washed up bench warmer. A man can dream, hahah.

The problem is, none of those teams were really significant enough to be included among the other historical teams. Of course, with projects like the Ultimate Base Roster, we can make it happen anyway. :)

chicagoRAW wrote:I don't know if anyone said this but just like they have data updates for courts and shoes, they should also do it for players when new guys get called up from d-league. Example steisma from last year in the official roster has some generic ugly 2k face. Just have his real face in a data update and all the other players who don't have faces.

They actually claimed they were going to update faces last year, but it never came to pass.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K13