NBA 2K13 Video Interview with Erick Boenisch (GamerLiveTV)

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

NBA 2K13 Video Interview with Erick Boenisch (GamerLiveTV)

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:39 pm

phpBB [video]

Not a whole lot of new info as far as I'm aware, but a solid rundown of the stuff they have talked about so far.

I do think it's kind of funny that they're touting the All-Star Weekend pre-order bonus content as a good thing compared to an add-on weapon or t-shirt that you might get in other games. It's a fair point that it's a more significant pre-order bonus than what's usually on offer, but it's also something that should be a core feature out of the box. I still feel they've gone about that absolutely the wrong way; I'd suggest pre-order bonuses should be more trivial than that.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NBA 2K13 Video Interview with Erick Boenisch (GamerLiveT

Postby Leftos on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:54 pm

I've given up on the discussion about the ASW. We've made our opinions clear, and 2K is still trying to sell it as a good thing. After the confirmation that we won't be getting Live 13 for PC, all my focus is on the developer diaries to come, especially the ones regarding gameplay and game modes. I want to see things like the speed issue gone, and also see a revamp of offline Association. Both have been long overdue. I'm not expecting them to talk about having fixed bugs, but if they dare admit their faults and say they've eliminated them, they might just get my money.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby bowdown on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:19 am

fix the fucking gameplay and stat keeping how about that you fucknuts. Fuck your all star weekend.
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:04 pm

Leftos wrote:I'm not expecting them to talk about having fixed bugs, but if they dare admit their faults and say they've eliminated them, they might just get my money.

Hopefully the developer diaries will bring us some good news on that front, understandably with a positive spin on them. I'd assume game modes will get a bit more attention this year as there's no lockout and less need for a contingency plan as the NBA's Greatest content was, but we'll see.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K13