Things we know so far

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Things we know so far

Postby Leftos on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:35 pm

I've noticed Mike Wang (beluba in Twitter and OS) is doing a much better job hyping up 2K13 for me than their usual joker, Ronnie2K, so I decided to start this thread to gather what we know straight from the horse's mouth, either devs or producers. We've already posted a few things already in other threads, but they can be hard to find amidst the subjective reviews and comments, so I think this will be a good point to have them altogether.

NOTE: Other NLSC Staff and Team Members, feel free to edit this post to add new things.

Mike Wang Twitter: @beluba / Operation Sports: beluba

• Jun 9: "I don't work on online... but our online team has been working hard to make sure everything's on point."
  • Jun 9: "Huge breakthrough in phys engine today. Seeing sick plays in tonight's build. #NBA2K13 shaping up to be a classic. Hats off to my engineer!"
  • Jun 7: "I've personally hated isomotion for years. Fixing it has been my primary objective for 13."
  • Jun 7: "The up and unders (aka flick flicks) are now interruptible. So if you read it properly you can force the "under" into contact."
  • Jun 6: "We've completely reworked the way we handle contact on drives and shots. Can't talk about it now, but yes, the Westbrook layup is an example of the types of finishes you'll see at the rim this year."
  • Jun 6: "Just a small update... I figured out why Manu blasted through the D in that vid. I fixed it this morning. Rest assured there will be PLENTY of contact in NBA2K13."

Rob Jones

June 6: Kotaku Preview/Interview
  • "The point is, we have worked our butts off on passing,"
  • Jones said he, Mike Wang and Zach Timmerman started working on NBA 2K13...the day after NBA 2K12 shipped.
  • The timing of celebration animations. Ever notice how, after hitting a buzzer beater, there's a brief pause where players stand around like robots—and then they start celebrating? Jones wanted to swat that.
  • And if you don't preorder the game, your play-now and career modes will still have an All-Star game, it'll just use the previous year's venue and uniforms (in this case, Orlando's) until the All-Star game is actually played and 2K gets permission to patch in the new skins.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Things we know so far

Postby shorty_ubk on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:26 pm

My only hope's the competition between two companies make a better games for each companie and I wanna see a lot more flashy things, ankle-breaker moves (not like a lot in 2k11 and also any in 2k12), more driving core plays like in real NBA games...:) (I know it sounds a lil' bit arcade style but come on, If you watch any NBA game, you can see everybody can drive if they wants ;) ) Also wanna see Rose can destroy Kidd or Steve Nash in 1 on 1...:D :mrgreen:
Sorry for My Bad English...;)

R.I.P. Clifford Lee Burton, Darrell Lance "Dimebag" Abbott, Charles "Chuck" Schuldiner and Ronnie James "Dio"

#occupygezi http://occupygezipics.tumblr.com/
shorty_ubk
Pure Metalhead

Re: Things we know so far

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Good idea. (Y)

I'm definitely glad to hear Mike's take on Isomotion and that the plan is to re-vamp it. I've grown to like it more over the last couple of games but I still find it a bit cumbersome at times, so tweaks and improvements would be very welcome in my book.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K13