First Game Footage

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

First Game Footage

Postby daninoz on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:06 pm

daninoz

Re: First Game Footage

Postby Phraynk on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Graphics look identical to 2K12. I mean yeah there's a new scoreboard and different style in font, but graphically? I was playing 2K12 just 2 minutes ago and it looks the same. Hopefully being in the "developmental" process will mean some kind of enhancement of it. Because yeah there can be new menu styles, player animations, and so on, but as far as graphics, the last real jump 2K made was from 2k8 to 2K9.
"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess."
Phraynk

Postby Vlad2010 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Phraynk wrote:Graphics look identical to 2K12. I mean yeah there's a new scoreboard and different style in font, but graphically? I was playing 2K12 just 2 minutes ago and it looks the same. Hopefully being in the "developmental" process will mean some kind of enhancement of it. Because yeah there can be new menu styles, player animations, and so on, but as far as graphics, the last real jump 2K made was from 2k8 to 2K9.

I think graphics in NBA2K will be same from year-to-year, until 2k gets next-gen consoles
Vlad2010

Postby Worthy Man on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:54 pm

hmm, the game may look same but i see a definite change in the player movement. The animations are faster and players don't get stuck so often (e.g. in screens).
Worthy Man

Postby stereoxide on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:11 pm

Harden's defense on Ginobili as the shotclock expires in the video seeems to have gone. They need to improve it. If anyone has seen the dunk contest video I think it's pretty cool because of Guitar Hero like controls in it. But it's a preorder DLC which sucks.
stereoxide

Postby fasz on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:19 pm

So let's talk about the Slam dunk " guitar hero " contest ... ?Anyone ? I don't understand why they put this feature if it's to play like that maybe next year we are going to play nba 2k14 with only QTE .. (N) (N)

Well I know it's maybe a 60% finished version of the game but I guess it will be exactly the same mechanics with the same problem , look at 0:32 how the D is going to defend the basket ... same problem as old version of 2k, why 3 people will go right into the ball handler to try to ( well I don't really know what they're trying to do) block the ball and let 2 guys wild open ...we can also see that cpu does the exact cheesy fake shot , I guess like last year they're going to do it every single time they drive to the basket ..

And the counter attack... Ginobili ( I guess it's him) and Splitter going back to defense with a walking animation even if it's a counter attack, and how he(Ginobili) choses to attack the ball handler.. god why ??
Westbrook doing a layup right into the defender and he's ( the D) not even affected by the action he's just pushed farther to let the animation finish.
next action Ginobili made a layup straight to the basket, like he doesn't care if there's some defense in front of him, don't care just go right to the basket like a train. the animation starts at the free throw line and nobody can't stop this.
2K is not going to be legen .. wait for it ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... TMiRljUoRA

there's some extra like the SDC
fasz

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:28 pm

Full segment:

phpBB [video]

Echoing my thoughts from the other thread, I don't want to judge the footage too harshly as it's an early build and there's no substitute for hands-on experience. Still, it looks quite similar to NBA 2K12 at this point. Dunk contest controls aren't what I was expecting, probably not the way to go on that front but as I'll be playing on PC, I guess it doesn't really affect me at all.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SkyLine03LT on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Vlad2010 wrote:
Phraynk wrote:Graphics look identical to 2K12. I mean yeah there's a new scoreboard and different style in font, but graphically? I was playing 2K12 just 2 minutes ago and it looks the same. Hopefully being in the "developmental" process will mean some kind of enhancement of it. Because yeah there can be new menu styles, player animations, and so on, but as far as graphics, the last real jump 2K made was from 2k8 to 2K9.

I think graphics in NBA2K will be same from year-to-year, until 2k gets next-gen consoles

You're right. But in all seriousness I don't have a problem with the current graphics. We have the tools to enhance it on the PC anyways.
SkyLine03LT
Walrus

Postby Leftos on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:05 pm

No offense solovoy, but Jao's thread came first and it's on the exact same subject. No need to segment the discussion between two topics. Feel free to continue in the other thread:

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=86464

Topic locked.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Return to NBA 2K13