Take-Two Confirms NBA 2K13 Release Date, Platforms

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Take-Two Confirms NBA 2K13 Release Date, Platforms

Postby Andrew on Thu May 24, 2012 1:50 pm

As previously reported, it's confirmed to be out October 2nd, 2012. It'll be available on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP and PC...so rest easy, PC gamers. (Y)

Source: Joystiq.com
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Take-Two Confirms NBA 2K13 Release Date, Platforms

Postby JaoSming on Thu May 24, 2012 2:02 pm

High fives all around :D Really glad we are getting another one
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby RedPhazon8 on Thu May 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Good to see, don't have to worry about losing another sports series to "no pc".
RedPhazon8

Postby Vlad2010 on Thu May 24, 2012 3:20 pm

I hope 2K finally will enable shaders (lighting, shadows on jersies etc) in PC version...
Vlad2010

Postby Leftos on Thu May 24, 2012 10:03 pm

I hope 2K will give us a game with no game-breaking or immersion-ruining bugs, for once.

Not keeping my hopes too high though.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Thu May 24, 2012 10:21 pm

Everybody is hoping for something, I hope 2K will return the Sprite SlamDunk contest :D
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby JaoSming on Thu May 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Leftos wrote:for once.

What was wrong with 2K11?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby benji on Thu May 24, 2012 11:26 pm

Leftos wrote:I hope 2K will give us a game with no game-breaking or immersion-ruining bugs, for once.

Not keeping my hopes too high though.

I'm sure they promise to replace all the animations and finally get rid of that Dreamcast era netcode.
benji

Postby Andrew on Thu May 24, 2012 11:43 pm

JaoSming wrote:What was wrong with 2K11?

Didn't it have similar My Player/Association bugs to the ones seen in NBA 2K12? Other than that I'm with you, it was a fine game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Fri May 25, 2012 12:38 am

JaoSming wrote:

Can't really remember specifically. It's been some time. But I do remember that no matter how much I tried, I never got into it as much as I did post-patch. Can't put my finger on what it was right now. I agree that 2K11 was a superb game post-patch. I actually did 3 82-game 12-minute-quarter seasons with the Pistons, after the patch was released and before 2K12 hit the shelves.

I just want to see the gameplay quality carry over to the rest of the game. Not so many bugs to fix, no need for tools to workaround immersion-ruining bugs, no need to find unofficial solutions to CTDs, NO MORE PROBLEMS THAT NEVER GET FIXED even through years of iterations.

Is it too much to ask for overall quality?

I'm not saying that any of the recent iterations was a disaster. For me, it was quite enjoyable every year. And I have spent as many hours playing 2K as I've put on Football Manager, and that's saying something. I just wish that I would be able to enjoy an Association or My Player starting October, not March. Do 12 minute quarters without worrying that after around 45 real minutes of play the game would just crash, and crash again, and again. Or do a decent fastbreak without waiting for Michaelvlutz to put out hex-edited gameplay EXEs.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Spree#8 on Fri May 25, 2012 1:59 am

JaoSming wrote:

Off the top of my head:

- anyone could make a post fadeaway over anyone
- as always cheesy CPU tactics, especially with comebacks, but in 2K11 I remember them being actually somewhat managable with the sliders
- Association - player morale going down when they don't play because of severe injuries; not certain about that but I believe that was actually fixed by the patch
- Association - inability to make trades after the draft until the start of new season, I'm 90% sure that's in 2K12 as well
- Association - ability to see rookies' overalls during the draft, not sure if it was in 2K10 or 2K11, fixed by the patch
- Association/My Player - the Evan Turner glitch. the game shows his contract as just a 2-year deal without the 2 TO years. Those years are actually there in the Contract page of the Edit Player screen, going there, not changing anything and accepting make the game acknowledge the two TO years, but after that he's still listed as an unrestricted free agent. Haven't had that happen with any other rookies, but it's in 2K12 as well.
- Association/My Player - stupid trade logic (I mean, fantastic compared to 2K12's but still pretty bad), I remember Mike Conley getting traded for Jason Maxiell and a 2nd rounder when I was playing MP on the Grizzlies
- My Player - teammates... do I need to explain this? made playing this mode miserable, unbearable and stupid because your 80+ rated teammates can't even make a layup. A quick description of my last game: Grizzlies vs Lakers. We're up for the most of the game, they make a cheesy comeback in the 4th (Kobe doesn't miss in 2K, ever) and go up, but it's a one possession game in the final seconds. We get a stop and I see Mayo running to the basket with nobody anywhere near him. I give him the ball, he somehow lets Ron Artest catch up to him and block him from behind. We get another stop on the defensive end. Last possession I get doubled, Randolph gets left alone under the basket. I pass it to him, he blows an open baby hook that would have forced OT. that was it for me, never touched that mode again, too pissed off with not even being able to win against Cavs or T'wolves despite putting up triple-doubles as a 40-something overall scrub.
- My Player - after playing in the ASG you play 10-15 minutes off the bench for your team again, glitch from 2K10 and is in 2K12 as well from what I've heard
- half calf sleeve glitch. not a big deal, but annoying since a lot of players wear those and the glitch was in 2K10 already... 2K9 didn't have half calf sleeves.

Don't remember anything else at the moment, but it had its fair share of problems. However, I agree that overall it was a great game, especially post-patch. And it seems like the best thing ever when you try out 2K12. I still play and enjoy it and will be playing for another year if Live isn't released for PC and 2K13 is a mess similar to 2K12. But the fact remains it had a few annoying issues as well.
Spree#8

Postby Mile23 on Mon May 28, 2012 5:04 am

I agree with most of that.....
My Fictional Courts - HERE
Mile23

Postby aftershock7 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:58 pm

Hey guys can i copy the myplayer.cmg from 2k12 and import it to 2k13?
aftershock7

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:08 am

probably not
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:17 am

aftershock7 wrote:Hey guys can i copy the myplayer.cmg from 2k12 and import it to 2k13?

Why would you even ask that right now? Do we have the game in our hands so that we can tell you whether saves are backwards-compatible?

Compatibility with previous iterations' saves is something pretty big, and if there's such a feature, I'm guessing they'll announce it pretty prominently. It would be great to be able to continue our Associations/My Players from iteration to iteration in order not to lose all our progress, but there's new features in each mode each year that makes it very difficult (or even impossible) to do something like that.

For example, how would each player's "abilities" be calculated in 2K12, since there weren't such ratings in 2K11?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:38 am

I agree that it would be pretty awesome to be able to transfer your player over. If they really improved My Player with a deep career story such as interacting with agents, coaches, general managers, and media, dealing with rumors and other things that can happen during players' careers, it would be a good idea to have the option of transferring your player over. Right now, I don't think it would be the right move to implement that feature. The way it is right now, the fun is in building your character's abilities and reaching milestones. That could wear off quickly if you import your 90+ rated player into the next game. On top of that, you would still be dealing with the rosters after all the crazy trades if you started the mode before the 2K12 patch. It would also be inaccurate even if they added this years drafted nba rookies into the draft pool when you are already a few years into your my player career and some of those players would have been playing in the league already. So, it' a good idea, but I think the mode is just too young for it to work correctly.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:40 am

that would be a good way to "reward the hardcore fanbase" though
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby aftershock7 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:43 am

Pdub wrote:I agree that it would be pretty awesome to be able to transfer your player over. If they really improved My Player with a deep career story such as interacting with agents, coaches, general managers, and media, dealing with rumors and other things that can happen during players' careers, it would be a good idea to have the option of transferring your player over. Right now, I don't think it would be the right move to implement that feature. The way it is right now, the fun is in building your character's abilities and reaching milestones. That could wear off quickly if you import your 90+ rated player into the next game. On top of that, you would still be dealing with the rosters after all the crazy trades if you started the mode before the 2K12 patch. It would also be inaccurate even if they added this years drafted nba rookies into the draft pool when you are already a few years into your my player career and some of those players would have been playing in the league already. So, it' a good idea, but I think the mode is just too young for it to work correctly.

yah you`re right it`s too early for them to make this work there are still many thing that needs be improve in the game
aftershock7

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:53 pm

It would be awesome, though as Pdub noted there are lot of things to account for and kinks to work out. Still, it would be nice if you could import some of the basic data, perhaps receive a small ratings boost of the bat to get you started and reward returning customers.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K13