2K GameChangers Community Initiative (SportsGaming)

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

2K GameChangers Community Initiative (SportsGaming)

Postby Andrew on Sat May 12, 2012 10:32 am

The SportsGaming blog is starting an initiative to encourage 2K Sports to adopt a similar approach to EA’s Game Changers and the NBA Live Advisory Council, with a view to improving 2K’s NBA sim games beginning with NBA 2K13. Essentially, it is a grass roots movement to open a dialogue with the NBA 2K development team and provide them with quality feedback, similar to what we’ve been able to do in the past with EA Sports and our NBA Live Wishlists.

Anyone interested in being a part of the initiative and providing 2K Sports with constructive feedback is invited to email Bruce Harmon at magww@live.com; you can also follow him here on Twitter.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: 2K GameChangers Community Initiative (SportsGaming)

Postby Leftos on Sat May 12, 2012 6:00 pm

I really hope this goes through, although something tells me we're somewhat late in 2K13's development cycle for it to actual make any difference this year. But if we get this going and we can persuade 2K to start having these events, I wouldn't mind if the first installment we actually influence is 2K14.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Sat May 12, 2012 7:50 pm

They have had small events before, they just don't announce them. They have given out beta copies to OS in the past. How do you think da czar has his own motion capture?

I think they have done well and don't need to over hype their game. Plus they may not have all the money for marketing like EA does. I also think they have done a pretty good job of implementing what people want.

I'm not against any increased community involvement by 2ksports, though.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kushmir on Sun May 13, 2012 8:10 am

Leftos wrote:I really hope this goes through, although something tells me we're somewhat late in 2K13's development cycle for it to actual make any difference this year. But if we get this going and we can persuade 2K to start having these events, I wouldn't mind if the first installment we actually influence is 2K14.

I'm kushmir, one of the blog's writers. I thought the same thing. actually Da_Czar gave us a date that we can work with. At this point we're compiling all we can before we edit and prioritize. We'd love for anyone here that's interested to assist. We'd like to do something really revolutionary with rosters/roster updates that essentially has a different person rating each team. Anyone that has seen the top-heavy nature of roster updates knows that it needs tons more attention to detail.
kushmir

Postby kushmir on Tue May 15, 2012 1:02 am

here's that revolutionary roster idea I was referring to. Hopefully some of you will participate. We need all the help we can get.

http://spgmg.blogspot.com/2012/05/nba-r ... oject.html
kushmir

Postby Mile23 on Mon May 28, 2012 4:57 am

I am also willing to help. Count on me
My Fictional Courts - HERE
Mile23

Return to NBA 2K13