Any way to change MyCareer teams without breaking the save?

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Any way to change MyCareer teams without breaking the save?

Postby Uncle_Freddy on Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:43 pm

Hello, I recently discovered this community and have absolutely loved diving into the modding options on 2K11 and 2K13 lately! I've been trying to throw together a Victor Wembanyama MyCareer playthrough because I'm a massive Spurs fan and am not ready for the season to be over yet. I've been able to get my MyPlayer to look like Wembanyama/match his sigs from some of the 2024 rosters that have been made for both games, but I've had trouble getting him to the Spurs in MyPlayer/MyCareer without breaking the save files.

In 2K11 I could only make it through the draft combine before starting games controlling non-Wembanyama players, and in 2K13 I've been able to get all the way through to the season and even play games but I haven't yet been able to manually edit my MyPlayer's team in RED MC and have that work. Does anybody have any tips/guidance on how to use the existing tools out there to make this work, or am I going to just have to grit my teeth and sim through until the game lets me request a trade? Thanks in advance!
Uncle_Freddy

Re: Any way to change MyCareer teams without breaking the save?

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:28 pm

Welcome to the NLSC!

I've actually never tried to switch teams, but in my experience, even getting the game to recognise changes to the rotation in MyCAREER made via RED MC is impossible, so my guess is that there are limitations on what we can change without breaking everything.

However, if you'd like to keep experimenting with it, I'd recommend ensuring that you update absolutely everything to do with team assignments and their rotation so that there are no inconsistencies or duplicate values where they don't belong. It could just be a matter of clearing up any conflicts in that regard.

Honestly though, it might just be easier to simply create your player in a custom roster, and then take them into Creating a Legend instead. It's missing a couple of bells and whistles from MyCAREER, but it does have player progression and multi-season play, so it's a viable alternative (and sadly one we haven't had since that generation of NBA 2K games).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Uncle_Freddy on Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:52 pm

Hi Andrew, I appreciate the swift reply! I've been lurking for a few weeks and you've retroactively helped me out more times than you could know haha. The rotations might be the ticket, I made sure the Spurs' rotation was set after moving the MyPlayer version over but forgot to check on my original drafting team's rotation to make sure that was all in order.

I'll tinker with it a bit more, but I might just opt to play through the MyCareer a bit until I'm able to secure a trade request. I did go the Creating a Legend route initially and that all worked pretty well, but I'd like to try to get all those extra bells and whistles from MyCareer to work if possible. If it becomes too sloggy to get to the "request a trade" point and no other modding tricks end up working, I always have CAL in my back pocket!
Uncle_Freddy

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:07 pm

Sounds like a good idea! If you can get it to work, please let us know as it'll be handy to know the steps. Good luck!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Uncle_Freddy on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:51 am

I managed to get it to work! I'll post a how-to on a new thread, you have to go through not only the player tab but also the team tab because all the special rotation presets (shooting lineup, tall lineup, quick lineup etc) also reference player ids in addition to the player tab referencing active team ids
Uncle_Freddy

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:55 pm

Excellent work!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K13