Beginners Guide to Patching - Tools & Textures Basics

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K12.

Re: Beginners Guide to Patching - Tools & Textures Basics

Postby viniferreira1972 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Excuse me my friend for I am newbie in this game and I like basketball, but come on, I selected a few items of my questions:

1 - when I try to save in GIMP, appears the option to export to dds files and not to save as ... You can save so?

2 - To edit the jerseys is necessary to amend or green jerseys not only uhxxxx.iff xxx.iff and water (where are the jerseys of the teams);

3 - To remove the logos shirts, tried to change through the archives soon large.iff. medium.iff small.iff soon and soon, without success; want do?

4 - in time to make the jerseys try to follow the steps already reported in threads, using the GIMP and nba 2k mod tool, only in time to save, there is a problem in item 1;

help me

marcus
viniferreira1972

Postby JaoSming on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:15 pm

1, use the export feature, it is new in the latest version of GIMP
2, i dont know what you mean by xxx.iff and water....the green texture for uniforms should be the only thing you need to edit
3, what logo tshirts are you talking about?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby viniferreira1972 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:16 am

hi friend,

1 - not when I talked about the green jersey, it's because the other links I see people changing files uniforms of teams, such as: (uh030.iff and ua030.iff), and when I open it with the 3DM tool, no other images, comom: the colorful uniforms of the teams and Greens), which one should I change the uniform color or green too?

2 - To change the logos of NBA teams that are already in the game, for what I did, what is the way?, Tried changing the logos logos_large.iff through the archives, for example, when I open the game, the old logo is still there.The logos which I speak are those who are in front of the old uniforms of NBA players.

3 - I tried to follow the steps that you did this topic, nicely detailed, but which do not know where I'm going wrong.

4 - I have installed on the pc photoshop cs3, would not it be easier? if u think best explain me by photoshop, but GIMP I found very good.

I appreciate the attention and I can only count on the collaboration of his friend, since I try to edit an NBA game since 1995, without success, I feel I'm close now.

hug,
Marcus
viniferreira1972

Postby JaoSming on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:32 am

I think our language barrier is going to be an issue, please try looking at my Video Tutorials and see if they help viewtopic.php?f=150&t=89054

1, I dont know what you are trying to edit
2, edit the logo###.iff too
3, I dont know
4, I dont do photoshop
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby viniferreira1972 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:34 am

FRIEND,

I appreciate the attention. I am new to this site but I want to know is:

1 - How to replace the logos of the teams uniform with another logo I made using GIMP and NBA 2k mod tool;
2 - I wanted to replace the jerseys of NBA teams play for a jersey that I did. It is important to change the green jerseys or not, to appear in the game that made ​​the jerseys?

What is the step by step?, Write to me, because in this video sometimes too fast, you speak English well and I really do not.

Marcus
viniferreira1972

Postby JaoSming on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:38 am

I understand, but please understand I cannot give step by step instructions to everyone that asks, I dont have the time for that, especially when there is a language barrier. I'm sorry, but I've laid out these video and text tutorials so this wouldn't need to happen anymore.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby viniferreira1972 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:18 am

Sorry my friend,

I understand, just one more question and I promise I'll read more carefully the texts and see the videos more often:

To put the jerseys that I do, replacing the jerseys of the game, I have to change the REDitor II, the editor option Jerseys?
viniferreira1972

Postby viniferreira1972 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:47 pm

friend,

I saw some of his videos, helped a lot, I managed to change the color of the uniforms of the teams, but I have a question, when will I save by following your explanation of your video, after importing image, when I click to save the 3MDtool, a message appears saying that impossible save, enter in the game and the change was not saved, Why?

I want to change the logos of the teams, trying to put an image on top of the game soon with GIMP, it is possible?, Do I have this image indexing?,

Do you think better to changes in file.png or use the files. DDS?

Contact Hope,
Marcus
viniferreira1972

Postby Walker #1 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:25 pm

When i try to open an .iff file an error message showing up:
File not found Exception

What to do????
Walker #1

Postby Mandelbaum on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:45 am

Okay,great thanks, but...
How/What tools and what method to use if I want to create a Player Portrait, how to insert a new player photo into Player Background/Portrait, the one in Roster displaying Players Info/Stats? How do I create one of these for a Player?
Mandelbaum

Postby JaoSming on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:22 am

i think there was somethign about adding to the file in the tutorials section. But usually I would replace an unused portrait and just replace it
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby soubala on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:26 pm

please somebody help me???
I want to put these 2 files Euroleague Sliders.SLD Euroleague 2k12.ROS(Euroleague 2k12 [v1.5]) to my windows 7 computer and i cant find the C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K12\Saves.
I dont have any problem with the iff files.
whats going wrong??
soubala

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Go to the search bar in the Start Menu and type in %appdata%. That should find your Application Data folder, where you can browse to the appropriate NBA 2K12 folder under Roaming.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jhustle54 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:24 pm

hey can someone help me when i try to import texture with the texture importer thing i get "Run-Time error'9': subsript out of range pleas somebody help oh and it does this when i try to export cyberfaces from any folder nba2k14 folder or any
jhustle54

Previous

Return to NBA 2K12 Tutorials & FAQs