BIG DISCLAIMER BEFORE WE START! DO NOT PM ME FOR THIS ROSTER. DO NOT RELEASE IT OR SEND IT VIA PM WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM ALL THE ROSTER MAKERS WHOSE ROSTERS YOU'RE COMBINING.
We've had 3 great rosters in the last few days. First of all, HAWK23 brought us v24 of his UBR roster, which has countless historic teams, but also all the latest updates for the current teams, which is what I love. Then Albys came along with his latest 2011-2012 roster (v6), with edits in ratings and tendencies, but says he's some time away from giving us the new rookies in the roster, although he has made a Draft Class with them so it won't take him long. And of course, Nick with his great 2012 draft class.
So, question is, how to get a great current roster out of these? The answer is one of my latest tools, Roster Merge.
You can read more about it, as well as go through written and video tutorials in its thread. Done? Great, let's get down to business.
Tutorial updated July 28 for Roster Merge v0.4.0.2
1. Download the latest version of Roster Merge, Albys v6, UBR v24, Nick's 2012 Draft Class. (This could work for later versions of each roster as well.)
2. Make sure you have the proper REditor license. You need at least the Player license to transfer rosters (we'll need this for UBR -> Albys) and the Guru license if you also want to transfer headshapes (we'll need this for Nick -> our merged roster). If you only have the Player roster, you'll have to live with HAWK23's rookies, which are good enough anyway.
3. Open all 3 rosters in REditor, exporting each one to a separate folder (File > Export to CSV > Whole File). You don't need to open them all at the same time, obviously; just open them one-by-one and export to CSV, each in its own folder.
4. Start Roster Merge, pick UBR's exported folder as From, Albys' exported roster as To.
5. Check the Bio, Appearance, Status and Contract categories.
6. Select Current in Teams.
7. Click on Do it.
8. On the first conflict resolution window, select all 3 checkboxes on the bottom right and click on Replace.
9. You should get a message saying Done.
========= Steps 10 to 14 can be done only by people who have the license to open Draft Class files. If you don't have that license, skip to Step 15.
10. Now pick Nick's exported folder as From.
11. Check all categories except Name, Appearance, Status and Contract.
12. Select None in Teams.
13. Click on Do it.
14. You should get a message saying Done.
15. Click on Repair, click Fix FAs. Then once it's done, Repair again, this time Erase Rookie Stats. Then once that's done, Repair again, and Fix ASA IDs. When that's done... step 16.
16. Go to REditor, open Albys v6 roster, save it with a different name (e.g. "LeftosRulez.ROS").
17. In the new roster, import everything from the folder you exported Albys to (and which Roster Merge has edited) by going to File > Import > Whole File. Remember to select the folder you exported the Albys roster to, which isn't necessarily the one REditor has there by default.
18. Save the Roster.
You should now have all rookies and transfers from UBR, with Albys ratings and tendencies and all other great things in his roster, as well as accurate 2012 rookies by Nick, in one roster. Does it get any better?
I'm making a new thread, not to release the roster (as I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get permission from all 3 of them for this) but to provide a guide, and for those that follow the tutorial and make that roster themselves to have a place to discuss what changes need to be made, what needs to be fixed, etc.
Do not PM me asking for the roster. I won't send it to anyone unless the roster makers give me permission.
Big ups and credits to HAWK23, Albys, Nick and Vlad Zola Jr. This wouldn't be possible without you guys.