UBR Expansion Retro Teams Paks! - NIB Pak V11 Released!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Base Roster Expansion Retro Teams (22 Teams Tot

Postby sevin0seven on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:13 am

leovince23 wrote:hey man! just heard of this project of yours! love it! i always wanted to play with the 96 lakers, with the returning magic johnson.. thanks!!

i have a few requests though.. could you also add:
03-04 heat
94-95 lakers

thanks! :D

thanks, but you should really thank HAWK23 (if you haven't already) for his UBR project. i'm just extending it. glad you like the expansion teams. i'm planning to release some more soon. :)
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby zdrgzdgr on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Are any coming out today?
zdrgzdgr

Postby leovince23 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:09 pm

yeah.. i've also been using the ubr.. you guys, hawk23 and crew(includes you) are amazing. brilliant. keep up the good work. :D
leovince23

Postby hxt on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:04 pm

Hey,sevin0seven, I have an suggestion for you. (Y) How about assign Jon Barry and Bob Sura to 05-06 Houston Rockets? That 's the Playoff Edition! :D
hxt

Postby Rangez on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:39 am

OMG Thanks for making the 09-10 Raptors!
°°°°°Rangez°°°°°
I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
Michael Jordan
NBA 2k Montage/Mix Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mr2KImpossible
NBA Real Life Mixes: http://www.youtube.com/user/TdotPrid3
Comment, Rate and Subscribe! :)
Rangez

Postby sevin0seven on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:30 am

hxt wrote:Hey,sevin0seven, I have an suggestion for you. (Y) How about assign Jon Barry and Bob Sura to 05-06 Houston Rockets? That 's the Playoff Edition! :D

Bob Sura is not even part of the 05-06 roster for the Rockets (retired)...and they didn't make the playoffs either. if you want to add Jon Barry use the guide in the UBR thread.

Shade8780 wrote:Are any coming out today?

I usually release new expansion teams during the weekends.

leovince23 wrote:yeah.. i've also been using the ubr.. you guys, hawk23 and crew(includes you) are amazing. brilliant. keep up the good work. :D

thanks!

Rangez wrote:OMG Thanks for making the 09-10 Raptors!

credits to nuhmete of course.
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby jonhpipepipe on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Sevin, my friend...

I've been ressarching a lot and had 95% of all done, my teams to the UBR (great chances to be here, if you agree...):

1) The Original Celtics (made by me)
2) The Harlem Globettroters Legends (made by Bassman58)
3) Flint Tropics (made by Bassman58)
4) 1948/49 Washington Capitols (myself)
5) 1952/53 New York Knicks (myself too)

ABA Champions:
6) 1967/68 Pittsburgh Pipers (myself only)
7) 1968/69 Oakland Oaks (myself and Bass)
8) 1669/1973 Indiana Pacers Combo (myself and Bass)
9) 1970/71 Utah Stars (myself and Bass)
10) 1974/75 Kentucky Colonels (myself and Bass)

Well... I'm not going to stop here! There will be left almost 40 Hall of Famers, that i'll gonna finish either way (with or without Hawk's agreement), then we'll have all the franchises represented that were World Champions and participate at least once in the NBA/BAA Finals history, all ABA Champs and at least one great Champion from NBL (the 51/52 Minneapolis Lakers, cause it was the same team that won the NBL in 1947/48).

Maybe i forget something... :D
But, very soon things will be in the right hands.

See ya,
Pipe.
Believe... God is above us all!
jonhpipepipe

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:13 am

great work Pipe, do they have their own jerseys?
sevin0seven

Postby koyote97 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:28 am

Hi guys!

I have a question for all of you who make rosters. What do you take as a base to rate the players? I was thinking to look at last season stats, but I don't know if I should leave them as they are or increment them by a certain number of points. (e. g. real stats +5)

Thx guys!
koyote97

Postby nuhmete on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:35 am

koyote97, I started out using values from this file -> NBA Rating Encyclopedia
It's really helpful and will keep you going when you're a starter. After a while you'll get a feel for rating the players. You'll start to check the player's stats from the year you're making, comparing the player's stats with his other seasons, comparing the player's seasons stats with other players at the same position that made similar stats and rate them accordingly.

http://www.basketball-reference.com is the ultimate source I use to see stats from. It has an easy interface and lets you compare any player or any seasons for the player you're making.
nuhmete
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:48 am

^in addition to that, you should also look at all the ratings of the current NBA players and see how the 2K developers rate each players (from bench warmer, role player, sixth man, starter to star) and adjust accordingly. I have been editing/reviewing player ratings ever since NBA Live 96 for the SNES (of course that's a different game with different ratings) to now, so experience and knowing how the player actually plays in real life definitely helps in creating/adjusting player ratings.

...I think they started to input player ratings in EA's NBA Showdown 94 for the Sega Genesis from Topps.
sevin0seven

Postby jonhpipepipe on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:48 am

sevin0seven wrote:great work Pipe, do they have their own jerseys?

No, Bass work has their own jerseys and courts, but mine only have the jerseys that come with the game, this is really a little issue to be solved. But i think we can get help, and at the end of the day if you wanna tweak them, fell free to do it and put your name into the credits, ok?

Thank you for your agreement Sevin.
:D
jonhpipepipe

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:02 am

jonhpipepipe wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:great work Pipe, do they have their own jerseys?

No, Bass work has their own jerseys and courts, but mine only have the jerseys that come with the game, this is really a little issue to be solved. But i think we can get help, and at the end of the day if you wanna tweak them, fell free to do it and put your name into the credits, ok?

Thank you for your agreement Sevin.
:D

well...once your done with them i will take a look. well see what we need to do or not, thanks... also make sure their dunk ratings are not too insane. :wink:
sevin0seven

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:15 am

update:

I'm going to have 4 new retro teams release this coming weekend, at the same time i'm also going to update the current retro teams i completed on the current list.
sevin0seven

Postby ryan4889 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:50 am

If someone created the Tropics and Globetrotters actual jerseys (like for Trotters the red/white/blue striped shorts if even possible), I would most definitely use em. That would be awesome. I know no one else may agree, but for the Trotters I would turn up all their ballhandling skills to 99 and passing since they would be smaller than most teams this would even things out a bit I think.
Long live the UBR!
ryan4889

Postby zdrgzdgr on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Any hint on what the teams are? ;)
zdrgzdgr

Postby natche21 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Please fix the team colors on your next update man. :D (Y) (Y)
San Antonio SPURS 1999 2003 2005 2007 2014 NBA Champions
natche21

Postby nuhmete on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:06 am

In addition to HAWK's above post, EVERYTHING from this list is in the portrait file too:
http://lazy-rainbow.blogspot.com/p/cf-i ... idden.html

This is the most comprehensive official portrait list around (It lacks stuff added this year but you can easily find those from the tutorials section) - You can even find leftover portraits from 2K9 there. (Note that 90% of the time CFs will be missing)
nuhmete
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sevin0seven on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:34 pm

HAWK23 wrote:Sevin... this may help you a bit... I tried to compile a full list of Retro Player portrait numbers that me, Nuhmete, or Wim have added over the last few months... these are portraits that did NOT originally come with the game... and I just limited it to retro players... not 2011-2012 rookies or 2012-2013 rookies.

nuhmete wrote:In addition to HAWK's above post, EVERYTHING from this list is in the portrait file too:
http://lazy-rainbow.blogspot.com/p/cf-i ... idden.html

This is the most comprehensive official portrait list around (It lacks stuff added this year but you can easily find those from the tutorials section) - You can even find leftover portraits from 2K9 there. (Note that 90% of the time CFs will be missing)

Thanks buds, this list/info will surely help me out assigning missing portraits....which what i'm currently doing right now with all my expansion teams at the moment. :)

i'm planning to release the expansion teams as a pak, instead of individual downloads from now on. so expect UBR Expansion Teams V1.0 to be release soon with updated portraits, tweaks, fixes and 4 new retro teams. (Y)
sevin0seven

Postby sevin0seven on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:52 am

ULTIMATE BASE ROSTER EXPANSION RETRO TEAMS V1.0 is now RELEASED!

*Every Expansion Teams in the Zip file are updated and tweaked. So replace ALL your old files. (Y)

Here are the previews of the 4 new Retro Teams:

Download link on the first post. Enjoy! :)
sevin0seven

Re: Ultimate Base Roster Expansion Retro Teams (26 Teams Tot

Postby jonhpipepipe on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Sevin, dunk package reviewed... Maybe i go for some surprises. Heheheheh, i finished the roster job, the Original Celtics gave me a unbelievable job, but i'm ready to rock.

I maybe add more five or six teams to my initial list, they are almost done by the way... Hall of Famers will wait a little more.
As soon the deal is close i'll send them all to you and Hawk's appreciation. :D
jonhpipepipe

Postby sevin0seven on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:14 am

jonhpipepipe wrote:Sevin, dunk package reviewed... Maybe i go for some surprises. Heheheheh, i finished the roster job, the Original Celtics gave me a unbelievable job, but i'm ready to rock.

I maybe add more five or six teams to my initial list, they are almost done by the way... Hall of Famers will wait a little more.
As soon the deal is close i'll send them all to you and Hawk's appreciation. :D

sounds good. i'll check them out when your done.
sevin0seven

Postby ChrisBrodbeck on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:19 am

EXPANSION PACK PREVIEWS

Contributers:

Bassman58
Sevin0Seven
jonhpipepipe
ChrisBrodbeck

Here are some previews, mainly of the jerseys, of the teams that will be included in the ABA Expansion pack:

4 teams are completely done, BUT, cyberfaces are rare, so if ANYBODY wants to help out with faces, it would be greatly appreciated!

Right now, my list has about 20 faces on it, that I would like to have for this pack!

If you contribute your name will offcourse be mentioned here, in the trailer, and in the final release! Plus you'll get tons of fame, chicks and bragging rights in the process!!!!
ChrisBrodbeck

Postby zdrgzdgr on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:35 am

Any updates?
zdrgzdgr

Postby sevin0seven on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:24 am

Shade8780 wrote:Any updates?

ABA expansion teams is still being currently work on and i'm also helping out with the 1987-88 Season MOD as well. UBR Expansion Retro Teams V2.0 is still a work in progress...
sevin0seven

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding