[Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.13.2

Postby Lagoa on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Thks Leftos! Amaaaaaaaaaaaazing.
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby Lagoa on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 am

Leftos...i´m playing Playoffs now...and sequence for get the boxscores not woking anymore...this feature is just for season?

Lagoa

Postby Leftos on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Oooooooh. Forgot about that. I'll fix it today.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Yeah, nope, can't be done for now. Player Stats for the Playoffs are kept separately from the season stats, and although REditor has them in the Player_Stats tab, there's no link to the appropriate entry for the playoffs from the Players tab. There's Stat_Y0, Stat_Y1, Stat_Y2 for seasons, but there's no playoff entries in the Players tab. So unless Vlad brings a new version out that makes that connection for playoff player stats, you'll have to enter the box score yourself.

Same reason why after you're in the Playoffs, the Player Overview and any Player Stats tab shows only Season Player Stats.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lagoa on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:34 am

No problem bro! Thks anyways.

Lagoa

Postby BoyBelt on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Hey Leftos, can I use this? I only have free version on reditor. :)
BoyBelt

Postby Leftos on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:43 pm

No, free version of REditor doesn't allow you to open your NBA 2K12 saves.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.14

Postby Leftos on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:21 am

v0.14 released!
- Addition: Playoff Stats for Players are now handled separately from Season Stats; multiple tabs have been added to all the tool's windows to present those stats and analyze them separately
- Fix: Fixed crash when returning from Player Overview to Team Overview, after viewing a player via double-clicking them in the Player Stats tab
- Fix: Fixed bug in stats handling from Basketball-Reference.com
- Fix: Fixed League Leaders tab in League Overview

This doesn't mean that Player Playoff Stats can be imported from NBA 2K12 yet, it just means that the required functionality in NST is there, if and when REditor gets updated.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lagoa on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:06 am

Leftos,

Playoffs Stats apears now only if i put my stats on box score?

Lagoa

Postby Leftos on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:57 am

Sorry, don't understand that question. I'll try to help you though.

There's two ways for a box score to be added in NBA Stats Tracker, as far as NBA 2K12-based databases go:
1) Use the tool's auto-detection feature. Playoff games will come with all the stats being 0, and you have to enter them manually, but just entering the correct Team Stats will make sure that your in-game stats for the teams are correct as well, and not glitched. Any Player Stats you enter in the tabs get saved in the box score, but do not update the Players themselves, so their Playoff stats will still be 0, until NST can import them from REditor.
2) Use the old way of "Update With Box Score". You use the database that you saved right before the game started, and enter the box score of the game that just finished. This way, both Team and Player Stats are updated, as well as the box score saved.

My opinion is, entering the Player Stats in the Box Score window with either of these methods is too much trouble. Just keep using the auto-detection, and enter the Team Stats manually for the Playoff games. Sure, your players will have 0 in all their playoff stats in NST for now, but at least in-game Team Stats will be correct.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby rovict02 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:54 am

I wish I can use this..but im just a free reditor user..It would be great if everybody can use this and everybody will be happy :(
rovict02

Postby Leftos on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:55 am

Well, Vlad, who makes REditor, has to be happy as well, and to be able to happy, he should be able to eat, and to be able to eat, he needs to make money for his hard earned work.

See how it works? For everyone to be happy, you need to be more than a free REditor user.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.14.2

Postby Leftos on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:15 am

v0.14.2 released!
Hey, I'm finally back working on NST to get it to its first stable version and complete my thesis. I should keep developing it after that, but right now the focus is on getting the Scouting Reports done, and squashing any bugs. First update after the hiatus implements WBT99's ideas on how to improve Box Score checking.

Last few changelogs:
v0.14.2
- Addition: Added new checks when verifying a Box Score's data

v0.14.1.1
- Fix: Download Box Score was broken due to change in Basketball-Reference.com's code

v0.14.1
- Improvement: All tabs with lists of players or teams can now show the corresponding Player/Team Overview screen via double-click

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.14.2

Postby Leftos on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:50 am

This look awesome yet, by any chance?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.14.3

Postby Leftos on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:35 pm

v0.14.3 released!
- Addition: Added Performance Graphs in Player Overview

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.14.3

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:56 pm

I can finally say we've reached v1.0.

I shall finish the paper, and my thesis is complete! NBA Stats Tracker will live on and continue to be developed until it's the full-fledged basketball statistical analysis suite I'm dreaming of, but this is a major milestone for me, as all of the things I wanted to do as part of the thesis are finally complete.

A big thanks to everyone who's helped with either suggestions, bug reports, support or donations. You've all been an integral part of this, and I hope that NBA Stats Tracker repays everything you've done to help.

The v1.0 will be finally released after I finish the paper, to do some bug-squashing until then.

Again, thanks.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.14.3 (v1.0 Milestone Coming S

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:26 am

:applaud:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Skyballer455 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:12 am

Every time i click on either Player Overview or Scouting Report, it crashes

The following is entered in the error log:
Code: Select all
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Set connectionId threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Swordfish.WPF.Charts, Version=1.0.4656.24890, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.PlayerOverviewWindow.System.Windows.Markup.IComponentConnector.Connect(Int32 connectionId, Object target)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.SetConnectionId(Object root, Int32 connectionId, Object instance)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.PlayerOverviewWindow.InitializeComponent() in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\PlayerOverviewWindow.xaml:line 1
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.PlayerOverviewWindow..ctor() in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\PlayerOverviewWindow.xaml.cs:line 84
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.PlayerOverviewWindow..ctor(String team, Int32 playerID) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\PlayerOverviewWindow.xaml.cs:line 89
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Helper.EventHandlers.AnyPlayerDataGrid_MouseDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Helper\NST.Helper.EventHandlers.cs:line 38
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.LeagueOverviewWindow.AnyPlayerDataGrid_MouseDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\LeagueOverviewWindow.xaml.cs:line 1456
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.OnMouseDoubleClick(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.HandleDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Could not load file or assembly 'Swordfish.WPF.Charts, Version=1.0.4656.24890, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Please help!!
Skyballer455

Postby suirad on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:26 am

THIS IS HUGE CONGRATS LEFTOS this is a dream of a tool
suirad

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Skyballer455, a required DLL was missing from 0.14.3's release, which I've included in the newly released 0.14.4. Please try it out and tell me if it works now.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.14.5 (v1.0 Milestone Coming S

Postby Leftos on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:32 am

v0.14.5 released!

v0.14.5
- Addition: Team & Player Split Stats now include stats per opponent
- Fix: Projected Winning Percentage now takes season length into account
- Change: Pythagorean Wins and Losses now use an exponent of 16.5 as suggested by John Hollinger

v0.14.4
- Addition: Player Scouting Reports now available in Player Overview
- Improvement: Team Scouting Reports will now adjust their comments based on the amount of teams in the league, instead of assuming there's 30 teams
- Fix: Users should now only be able to paste player stats if the timeframe is set to All-Time

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby suirad on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:56 am

Hey leftos i had a question about a possible feature addition. would it be possible to import stats for players for retro seasons through maybe name recognition? i manually copy and paste which only a few fields are used as the game auto calculates the averages so we wouldnt need 3pt% as all we have to input is 3pt attempts and makes is an example. i was wondering if at some point in the future if it would be possible as that would bring the retro mods to life even more
suirad

Postby Skyballer455 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:46 am

Yeah Leftos it works now, thanks!
Skyballer455

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.14.6 (v1.0 Milestone Coming S

Postby Leftos on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:33 am

v0.14.6 released!
- Addition: Added Age and Years Pro fields to players
- Addition: Player Search results will now show primary & secondary position, as well as age
- Fix: Per Opponent split stats for teams now don't show a row for stats against the team itself
- Improvement: Improved interface margins so that the program shows the required rows in tables better in Windows 7
- Improvement: Box Scores in League Overview can now be limited by division or conference
- Fix: 3PA/G stats are now calculated correctly

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.14.6.1 (v1.0 Coming Soon)

Postby Leftos on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:01 pm

v0.14.6.1
- Change: Changed Players' Age field to Year of Birth

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding