[Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.7.8

Postby Leftos on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:11 am

There are various rules in place as to who qualifies for League Leaders specifically.

http://www.nba.com/leader_requirements.html

That's why "League Leaders" is different than "Player Stats" and "Metric Stats" in League Overview. If you think it's in error, give me some screenshots, or upload your database to Mediafire or somewhere so that I can take a look.

EDIT: Oh, wait. I just realized you might mean in-game. The tool doesn't mess with any player stats in your save, yet. It only edits Team Stats, so I don't know why League Leaders show as DNQ, if it's not for the reasons I mentioned above, the NBA-imposed rules on who qualifies.

EDIT 2: Is the box score for that game by any chance lost? Can you view it in-game via the Calendar? Are the Player Stats there for your players?
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.7.9

Postby Leftos on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:35 am

v0.10.7.9 released!
Fixes the Download NBA Stats which was broken due to a really minor change in BR's HTML code.

There are a lot more, and major changes and additions coming through this Summer and Fall. A lot on my ToDo list. Don't have the time required yet, but there's still a lot to do, I promise you that.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.7.8

Postby icikle21 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:21 pm

Leftos wrote:There are various rules in place as to who qualifies for League Leaders specifically.

http://www.nba.com/leader_requirements.html

That's why "League Leaders" is different than "Player Stats" and "Metric Stats" in League Overview. If you think it's in error, give me some screenshots, or upload your database to Mediafire or somewhere so that I can take a look.

EDIT: Oh, wait. I just realized you might mean in-game. The tool doesn't mess with any player stats in your save, yet. It only edits Team Stats, so I don't know why League Leaders show as DNQ, if it's not for the reasons I mentioned above, the NBA-imposed rules on who qualifies.

EDIT 2: Is the box score for that game by any chance lost? Can you view it in-game via the Calendar? Are the Player Stats there for your players?

Leftos, I am referring to in-game League Leaders for Metric Stats. I played one game, put in my box score, and team stats looked good. The only problem I was having was seeing DNQs for my team's and other team's (the one I played against in game #1) players in the Metric Stats/League Leaders (I sorted by team and saw all DNQs for those two teams). However, Metric Stats/Players were all there for those two teams. So, something was screwy with the leaders; it was not the qualification issue.

I then played one more game and again, followed your instructions, put in my box score for game #2. The team stats/player stats looked great. However, again, Metric Stats/League Leaders were DNQ for those two same teams that I played in the 1st game. My team was DNQ for all players in the League Leaders section despite playing two games and having Metric/Player stats updated properly. The other team I played in game #1 still had all DNQs despite playing two more games. Finally, the team I played against in game #2 did not have Metric Stats updated for its players in the League Leaders section even though they were under Player Stats.

It is no big deal. I just wanted to draw your attention to this. It looks like that League Leaders screen is not updating Metric Stats for the box score that we import through your stat tool, even though those Metric Stats are updated under Player Stats.

Thanks for a great tool!
icikle21

Postby Leftos on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:57 pm

I've given up on fixing this game's stat bugs, icikle21. Thanks for trying to find what's wrong, but this game has too many bugs for me to bother anymore. I just couldn't stand the Team Stat overlays coming up with those extreme numbers, it ruined it for me. Try using only the per-Team Metric Stats, that's one of the things I do when I want to consider a trade or something. I know it doesn't help when you want to compare your players to the league, but maybe NST could help you with that later this July, when Vlad finishes the Team Stats for REditor and we get around to making NST able to import/export both team and player stats from NBA 2K12's saves.

Makes me curious though, as I didn't have that problem earlier this year. I played through a full 82 game season in my Association using NST to fix the team stats in every game, and I remember being proud of how high Monroe was among the PER leaders.

But as I said, I don't know. There's too many bugs for me to know. Once I start my new Association in a few days or so, I'll tell you if I have that problem as well.

Thanks for your kind words, nevertheless.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby nbagnome on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:38 pm

I know you are ready for a break but just in case my request is easy. Feature Request for Stat Tracker(if its something simple): I enjoy watching cpu v cpu games and I'd like to record stats as I watch on my second monitor. Could you add something simple where I could just track points scored? Perhaps a drop down for my players on the floor and have a 1,2,3 button which add to a players running points scored total.
nbagnome

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:48 pm

That sounds like a completely different tool than the features on NST. Shouldn't take more than a day to do, when I find some time in the next days. However, why do you see that as a feature of NST? What other feature of NST do you see it connected with?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby nbagnome on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:07 am

Since I'm manually entering stats in the box scores it doesn't seem quite as separate as I'm sure it would be for others. Perhaps it would be a different tool. My hope was that adding something inside NST would not only allow for some very basic statkeeping but also perhaps allow you to add in some other tracked season stats as well.
nbagnome

Postby Leftos on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:21 am

I know what you mean. I'll do the tool, and allow you to export the stats it will track as TSV, so that you can then import them into the Box Scores window in NST. Sounds good?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby nbagnome on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:22 am

Not good...AMAZING! Can't wait to see it.
nbagnome

Postby nbagnome on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:15 pm

I made this excel scoresheet over the weekend. Just wanted to post incase it gave you a few ideas. LMK if by chance you wanted the file.
Scorebook
nbagnome

Postby Leftos on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Nice style. I pretty much got what you need from that, I should be implementing this in NST soon, along with some upcoming big additions. ;)

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby nbagnome on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Seriously can't wait to see what you do next!
nbagnome

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.11 (NBA 2K12 compatible)

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:09 am

Well, that took long enough...

Introducing NBA Stats Tracker v0.11, with full NBA 2K12 compatibility!
It's finally here. Along with the v3.7 release of REditor which finally supports Team Stats, NST now takes advantage of REditor's save editing features to let you edit and correct all of your save's stats, no matter the save, season or teams you're using. As long as you have the proper REditor license to edit Team and/or Player Stats, you should be good to go. The REditor license that allows you to edit Team Stats is $6 (more info here).

A new REditor-specific tutorial has been posted in the first post. It seems too long, but shouldn't take you more than a minute to correct each game. I'll be making a video tutorial soon.

I haven't had the time to test the new feature much, but I wanted to get this out there so that you can get the bugs to me fast. This will ensure that NBA 2K12 compatibility is ironed out and perfect as soon as possible.

Special thanks to Vlad Zola Jr. for his hard work throughout the year, and for giving us the greatest tool of all, REditor. Also thanks to nbagnome for his(?) live box score idea, which is in v0.11 as well. I'm sorry that I didn't get you in the readme for this release, but you're in the next one.

Full changelog for v0.11:
  • Improvement: Fully compatible with any NBA 2K12 save, any season, if used along with REditor (requires proper REditor license)
  • Addition: Added Live Box Score feature, which allows you to easily keep track of a live game, and then save it as a box score in your database
  • Improvement: Seasons can now have names, so that for example, Season "1" can now be Season "1967-1968"
  • Fix: Advanced Player Search wouldn't take GP or GS into account
  • Improvement: When you choose to sort a stat-table by a specific stat, the tool now will sort in descending order by default

EDIT: v0.11.0.1 was just uploaded, fixing a bug that made the tool ignore PlType = 6 players (Existing CAT Player).

Analyzing the stats of a UBR Association

Keeping live stats on a Bulls-Heat game

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.11 (NBA 2K12 compatible)

Postby nbagnome on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:49 am

Awesome...can't wait to test this out!!! Will let you know if I see any issues!
nbagnome

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.11.1 (NBA 2K12 compatible)

Postby Leftos on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:20 pm

v0.11.1 released!

- Improvement: User is asked which teams are active in their Career if they can't be detected from the REditor import
- Improvement: Improvements in REditor import handling

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.11.2 (NBA 2K12 compatible)

Postby Leftos on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:55 am

v0.11.2 released!

- Addition: League Overview now offers league-wide averages in all tabs (except League Leaders & Box Scores) (props to koberulz for the idea)
- Addition: Team Metric Stats added to League Overview

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.11.2 (NBA 2K12 compatible)

Postby Leftos on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:22 am

Work continues...

Also, don't forget to pick up the 0.11.2.1 hotfix released yesterday, fixing 3 bad bad bugs.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.11.3 (NBA 2K12 compatible)

Postby Leftos on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:12 am

v0.11.3 released!

- Addition: 6 Best Performers of each team are now shown in Team Overview, with a summary of their most significant stats
- Addition: 6 Best League-Wide Performers are now shown in League Overview, with a summary of their most significant stats
- Addition: Head-To-Head Best Performers tab added to Team Overview; presents a comparison of the best Guard, Forward and Center of each team along with their most significant stats
- Improvement: Team Overview should now open faster
- Fix: Fixed stat presentation in Overview tab of Team Overview regarding playoffs and limited timeframes
- Improvement: Minor other interface improvements

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.11.4 (NBA 2K12 compatible)

Postby Leftos on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:21 am

v0.11.4 released!

- Addition: NBA Box Scores can now be downloaded from Basketball-Reference.com

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby houston832 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:54 pm

It says I need different .Net framework. Can anyone direct where to download this, or tell me if I'm S.O.L.? :D
houston832

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Just checked out the latest beta, truly some impressive stuff here! On top of correcting stats issues in NBA 2K12, it should be a tremendous help to anyone running a 2K12 Association story thread. I'm thinking it'll be a very useful tool for creating current roster updates as well. Awesome work!

Is there a function to view per 36 minutes stats that I've overlooked? If not, that'd be handy to have. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks for the kind words Andrew. Which stats should have per 36 minutes options?

EDIT: I think that in the Metrics tab, nearly every stat is there in a "rate" metric, but it's per 48 minutes if I remember correctly (I'm not at my PC anymore). Should it be per 36 minutes? The comparison is just as good no matter the minutes I set, but if you're to compare NST data to other data and NST uses per 48 while the "widely" used is per 36, the numbers won't match up. Is per 36 the widely used?

houston832, you need .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (or the full .NET Framework 4). Google it and you'll easily find a download link.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Per 48 is good to have too. B-R.com does have Per 36 stats though, so thought maybe it could make use of those.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:11 am

v0.11.5 released!

- Improvement: Advanced Player Search has been overhauled, to allow easy addition and removal of filters, as well as automatically sort the results by each filter
- Addition: Advanced Player Search filters can now be saved and loaded at a later time
- Change: Changed rate metrics to be calculated per 36 minutes of play, as in Basketball-Reference.com
- Addition: Added Offensive Rebound Rate (OREBR) as a metric stat

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.11.5.2 (NBA 2K12 compatible)

Postby Leftos on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:05 am

A feature tour video has been added to the first post, for those who want a quick look around at what NBA Stats Tracker does.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding