[Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.6.2

Postby koberulz on Thu May 10, 2012 2:13 am

Righto. I went into History>Box Scores, but it seemed to only pull up the Add Box Score dialog.

http://www.mediafire.com/?liw03ax31xab9zv

It pops up the error even upon opening the database now. Speaking of which, is there a way to have the program remember the location the open/save dialogs were last in? As is, I have to navigate to my database file every time.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby Leftos on Thu May 10, 2012 2:47 am

Problem is that for some reason Team C doesn't exist in Season 2, or any season for that matter. The player you created in it does exist though. Something went wrong there. Let me check more.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Thu May 10, 2012 2:51 am

Yeah, I did notice that immediately after adding it, but figured it was because I'd forgotten to add players to the team, added a player, and that seems to have broken it.
koberulz

Postby Leftos on Thu May 10, 2012 2:54 am

Maybe you forgot to save right after adding the team? I've made the tool save immediately afterwards now, so that such problems don't occur. I'm fixing some other stuff and will be back with a new version for you to try.

koberulz wrote:Righto. I went into History>Box Scores, but it seemed to only pull up the Add Box Score dialog.

The list was in a combo-box in the bottom of the window, where you could choose which box score to show. The functionality has been removed in the new version because it was causing some problems. Now you can view box scores in either of the 3 Overview windows.

Double-click on any box score and it will take you to the Box Score window with all the information filled out.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Thu May 10, 2012 3:01 am

v0.10.6.3 released!

• Improvement: Database is saved immediately after adding teams
  • Improvement: Player Stats, Metric Stats and League Leaders in League Overview now feature row headers that have the ranking of each row
  • Fix: Many fixes around the League Overview and Box Score windows regarding teams being renamed and/or hidden
  • Removal: Since switching between different box scores inside the Box Score window caused too many problems, the functionality is removed; it has been more than replaced by the Box Scores tabs in Team, Player & League Overview

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.6.3

Postby AreaOfEffect on Fri May 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Hey i really like the scouting reports for every team. I always read them and i began to wonder if simulation stats of other teams matter to what could happen when you play against them? I mean does the simulation stats reflect what could happen in the actual game?
AreaOfEffect

Postby koberulz on Fri May 11, 2012 3:29 pm

Trying to view the box score for a deactivated team causes a crash:
Code: Select all
System.Exception: Requested team that is hidden: Team Three
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.boxScoreW.GetDisplayNameFromTeam(String p) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\boxScoreW.xaml.cs:line 89
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.boxScoreW.cbHistory_SelectionChanged(Object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\boxScoreW.xaml.cs:line 889
   at System.Windows.Controls.SelectionChangedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.ComboBox.OnSelectionChanged(SelectionChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.InvokeSelectionChanged(List`1 unselectedItems, List`1 selectedItems)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.End()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.SelectJustThisItem(Object item, Boolean assumeInItemsCollection)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.OnSelectedIndexChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.leagueOverviewW.dgvBoxScores_MouseDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\leagueOverviewW.xaml.cs:line 611
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.OnMouseDoubleClick(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.HandleDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

None

EDIT: Also, on the 'top players' screen, the content appears to be longer than the area it displays in:

Also, could you make the "Current season: x/y" display on the main window a dropdown to allow selecting a season? The only way to do it at the moment is to go into one of the overview screens and change it there. I thought Team C had disappeared on me again, but it turned out I'd ended up in season one without noticing.
Last edited by koberulz on Fri May 11, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
koberulz

Postby Leftos on Fri May 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Don't make me edit your post again, man. I told you to put error logs in code tags! :P

The first is a case I just didn't worry about. I thought people would be deactivating teams before they started inputting box scores. I mean a team doesn't just drop off the league in the middle of it. But I shall handle this more gracefully.

About the best performers, okay, sure, would you prefer 4 stats for everyone else or a slightly larger window? Works fine for me in Windows XP, but I guess Windows 7 handles WPF controls differently.

And yes, I'll make the Main Window have a season drop-down as well.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Fri May 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Leftos wrote:Don't make me edit your post again, man. I told you to put error logs in code tags! :P

I had no idea you'd even edited my post until you mentioned it here.

The first is a case I just didn't worry about. I thought people would be deactivating teams before they started inputting box scores. I mean a team doesn't just drop off the league in the middle of it. But I shall handle this more gracefully.

It's not about inputting them, it's about viewing them. To take a real-life example:
The Brisbane Bullets debuted in 1979, the first year of the NBL.
In 2008, they collapsed, and no longer had the money to continue.
If I were to enter all the stats up to 2008, then deactivate the Bullets due to their no longer being in the league, I then wouldn't be able to view the box scores for any games in which the Bullets participated, which I might want to do for any number of reasons.
koberulz

Postby Leftos on Fri May 11, 2012 8:41 pm

AreaOfEffect wrote:Hey i really like the scouting reports for every team. I always read them and i began to wonder if simulation stats of other teams matter to what could happen when you play against them? I mean does the simulation stats reflect what could happen in the actual game?

Scouting reports are pretty basic right now. Only thing they take into consideration is the team's ranking in the league in each stat. So, even if the whole league is terrible at 3PT shooting, if a team is the best of the terrible, it'll still get high praise from the Scouting Report on that stat. Still, I don't think that getting the NBA's averages as a rule will help me here, because different leagues tend to have different averages, and thus different opinions on what's great and what's not.

Now, more specifically to your question. The answer is, maybe. Is it a good measure of whether a team is dangerous from the 3PT line if they've been scoring well all season? Yes. Does that mean they'll be dangerous in their next game too? Most possibly, but not definitely. This is what applies to real-life, and if you ask me, the Scouting Reports have been pretty accurate on judging my 2K12 opponents for me. So I'm guessing that yeah, simulation averages CAN give you a pretty good summary of what you're going to encounter. Unless your sliders are completely messed-up, in which one of the team's gets an unfair advantage or that the player abilities end up being ignored. But with good sliders and a good roster, I'm pretty sure the Scouting Report is a good, if not absolutely accurate, report most of the times. But do remember, upsets happen, bad days happen, extremely lucky days happen, so take the info with a grain of salt, just like a real coach or GM would. :)

koberulz wrote:

It's not about inputting them, it's about viewing them. To take a real-life example:
The Brisbane Bullets debuted in 1979, the first year of the NBL.
In 2008, they collapsed, and no longer had the money to continue.
If I were to enter all the stats up to 2008, then deactivate the Bullets due to their no longer being in the league, I then wouldn't be able to view the box scores for any games in which the Bullets participated, which I might want to do for any number of reasons.

That wasn't my intention. It's a bug. You SHOULD be able to see box scores of teams enabled in the current season but disabled in another one if the box score is from a year the team was enabled. I've fixed that for the next release. What you shouldn't do is disable teams for a season after you've inputted box scores for them that particular season.

To put it in simple words, if Team A has played Season 1 and Season 2 but is disabled in Season 3, Season 1 and 2 box scores SHOULD be available, as well as all other stats. The fact that the tool crashed was a bug that got fixed and the new release will be up shortly.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Sat May 12, 2012 1:44 am

v0.10.6.4 released!

• Addition: Current Season can now be changed from the Main Window as well
  • Addition: Box Scores can now be deleted (Miscellaneous > Delete Box Scores...)
  • Fix: Fixed bug that in some cases didn't allow users to view box scores of teams disabled in some seasons but enabled in others
  • Fix: The tool would crash whenever you tried to view a box score that included a team that's disabled for that season; now it shows a message informing you of the fact
  • Improvement: When disabling teams, you're warned if you're about to disable a team that has box scores for that season
  • Fix: Various minor fixes around the program

koberulz, you may need to immediately use Save As after first loading your database because some of your players' positions were set to null instead of " " that's the special "No Position". That should correct any of those faulty positions. Again, thanks for all your efforts. Your help has been invaluable.

======================

v0.10.6.5 released!

• Fix: Fixes a recent bug which messed up 3P stats

======================

v0.10.7 released!

• Addition: Added Advanced Player Search

======================

v0.10.7.2 released!

• Fix: Advanced Player Search options Active, Injured, All Star and Champion now have three settings: true, false and none; setting any of them to none will search for both players that are for example injured and not injured
  • Fixed bugs regarding inactive player handling
  • Fix: Fixed recent bug that made all displayed team names blank when importing stats from a 2K12 save

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.7.2

Postby koberulz on Sat May 12, 2012 10:19 pm

The Player of the Game is listed as playing for the wrong team. The other top performers are correctly designated home/away.

EDIT: Is it possible to edit the date of a game? I've tried to, and it'll let me select a new date when viewing the box score, but it doesn't change the date it's listed as.
koberulz

Postby Leftos on Sun May 13, 2012 1:46 am

What would I do without you... :P

v0.10.7.3 released!
- Fix: Fixed some wrong averages and rankings in the Team Overview screen
- Fix: Fixed wrong team name for the Player of the Game if they were from the home team
- Fix: Fixed recent bug that broke editing & saving a Box Score you had previously inserted

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Sun May 13, 2012 3:27 am

I'm not sure what the hell is going on anymore, but I just entered another box score, after editing the dates of the prior three, and:
It doesn't show up in Team, Player or League Overview.
Despite this, Team and League Overview both show the two teams involved as having the correct number of games played.

Additionally:
In League Overview>League Leaders and Team Overview>Player Stats, everyone's PPG is either Infinity or NaN.
In League Overview>Player Stats, Player Overview>Overview, and Team Overview>Player Stats, everyone's Games Played is zero (which is probably what's causing the infinite per-game numbers).

EDIT: If I enter a player as having played zero minutes, does he still count as having played? That could be causing the 0 games played issue, since I don't have minutes numbers for the first seven or eight years.
koberulz

Postby Leftos on Sun May 13, 2012 4:13 am

I'm not sure what the hell is going on anymore, but I just entered another box score, after editing the dates of the prior three, and:
It doesn't show up in Team, Player or League Overview.
Despite this, Team and League Overview both show the two teams involved as having the correct number of games played.

I can't reproduce this. I just entered a new box score using the Update With Box Score button and everything went well. If you want, give me your database and tell me what I have to do to reproduce this.

Additionally:
In League Overview>League Leaders and Team Overview>Player Stats, everyone's PPG is either Infinity or NaN.
In League Overview>Player Stats, Player Overview>Overview, and Team Overview>Player Stats, everyone's Games Played is zero (which is probably what's causing the infinite per-game numbers).

EDIT: If I enter a player as having played zero minutes, does he still count as having played? That could be causing the 0 games played issue, since I don't have minutes numbers for the first seven or eight years.

Players must have some minutes in their box score for their GP count to go up (such things will be clear when I create the manual for the tool). I should handle this better, putting up a warning if a player has 0 minutes but has some other stat not 0. The reason this happens is to let users put a player in the box-score and note them as injured or out for the game (will be important for Players' Scouting Reports in the future, which shall note how many games the player has missed with injury, and how many games the player was "Did Not Play - Coach's Decision". I need to be able to distinguish between them, that's why this happens. Only the players completely out of the rotation for the game (the max 3 out of 15 in the NBA) should not be entered in the box score at all.

Sorry for the confusion.

P.S. I've corrected a bug that crashes the tool when it tries to calculate the metrics for a player that is inactive. It's going to be in the next release once we track down what's going wrong with the box score problem you mentioned.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.7.5

Postby Leftos on Mon May 14, 2012 8:51 pm

v0.10.7.5 released!

v0.10.7.5
- Fix: If after saving an edited box score you tried to update the database with a new one, the new one would overwrite the just edited box score instead of creating a new entry for itself
- Improvement: Improved saving speed related to player box scores
- Fix: Some box scores would not get imported correctly when using the Import Box Scores feature

v0.10.7.4
- Fix: Metric Stats tables in Team & League Overview wouldn't copy to clipboard correctly
- Fix: Fixed a crash when the tool tried to calculate the metrics of a player that is currently inactive

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby LGFuad on Thu May 17, 2012 10:30 am

I downloaded the latest version of the tool (0.10.7.5). When I hover over the buttons in the main menu, they look like this:

Is this a gfx thing gone bad, or am I seeing an error?
LGFuad

Postby koberulz on Fri May 18, 2012 11:27 pm

I got this trying to activate a deactivated player:
Code: Select all
System.Exception: Team not found: - Inactive -
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.playerOverviewW.GetCurTeamFromDisplayName(String p) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\playerOverviewW.xaml.cs:line 120
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.playerOverviewW.CreatePlayerStatsFromCurrent() in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\playerOverviewW.xaml.cs:line 936
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.playerOverviewW.btnSavePlayer_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\playerOverviewW.xaml.cs:line 908
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

None

koberulz

Postby Leftos on Sat May 19, 2012 7:52 am

Keep the reports coming people. I'm on vacation right now until Sunday, but when I return to my work PC, I'll be able to check and fix all the issues you mention. Until then, keep replying/editing your posts with as many issues as you can find, so I can release a new version Sunday night.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Mon May 21, 2012 1:02 am

LGFuad wrote:I downloaded the latest version of the tool (0.10.7.5). When I hover over the buttons in the main menu, they look like this:

First time I've ever seen anything like that. Your computer shouldn't be weirding up that much. Try reinstalling/repairing .NET Framework 4.

Also, fixed the crash when trying to activate a deactivated player for the next release. Any other bugs I should know about?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby LGFuad on Mon May 21, 2012 10:25 am

Leftos wrote:
LGFuad wrote:I downloaded the latest version of the tool (0.10.7.5). When I hover over the buttons in the main menu, they look like this:

First time I've ever seen anything like that. Your computer shouldn't be weirding up that much. Try reinstalling/repairing .NET Framework 4.

Also, fixed the crash when trying to activate a deactivated player for the next release. Any other bugs I should know about?

Reinstalled .NET Framework 4, fixed the problem. Gracias.
LGFuad

Postby koberulz on Mon May 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Leftos wrote:

As I said before, FTM/FGA is screwed up. If FTM is less than FGA, it displays as zero, eg "11/20 (0.000)" instead of "11/20 (0.550)".
koberulz

Postby Leftos on Mon May 21, 2012 9:30 pm

v0.10.7.6 released!

- Fix: Tool would crash when reactivating an inactive player
- Fix: FTM/FGA percentage wouldn't show correctly in Best Performers tab in the Box Score window
- Addition: Now you can reset all player/team stats for a season (Miscellaneous menu)

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.7.6

Postby koberulz on Tue May 22, 2012 12:21 am

Can you sort players alphabetically, by either first or last name, rather than numerically by player ID (which is what I assume you're doing)? I'm part of the way through sorting out player movements between season 1 and season 2, and the lists are already getting really difficult to look through.
koberulz

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.7.6

Postby Leftos on Tue May 22, 2012 12:29 am

You mean the upper-right list box in the Player Overview screen?

EDIT: I just changed this to fill the lists with the players ordered by last name. Should I also have their last name show up first? (Like "Prince, Tayshaun (SF)" rather than "Tayshaun Prince (SF)") The way the names show up determines whether you're searching first by first name or last name when typing with the keyboard. So if the list has focus, would you rather type "Tay" for Tayshaun, or "Pri" for Prince to quickly get to the player you're looking for?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding