[Tool] NBA2KModTool V0.198 Update 2011/11/25 2K12 Support

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] NBA2KModTool V0.198 Update 2011/11/25 2K12 Support

Postby levynagy on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:22 am

Makis wrote:
levynagy wrote:OK, finally I DID IT! :applaud: And it has nothing to do with anyone suggested here so far but this will work whoever is in my shoes and didn't get it to work so far so, pay attention to the following. :!:

Technical explanation:
The j3dcore-ogl.dll is a .dll related to 3D applications, doh. So in this case there was an error (readable only if you started NBA2KModTool from the batch file, otherwise you won't notice it!) given by the inability of your Java to load 3D components. No matter what version of Java you (have) install(ed), a topic that is all over NLSC forums, IF you got the error I got ("j3dcore-ogl.dll: can't load IA 32bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform") you failed at running the program because...nobody checked if there are any missing 3D .dll(s) from the installed Java - and if you check your Java folder, they are completely missing. Guess what? Java doesn't install them automatically and they are not in the official package! So you will those in order to get rid of the annoying message "j3dcore-ogl.dll: can't load IA 32bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform" and make things run smoothly.

Solution:
1. IF you are on Win 64, get your 64bit Java. You DON'T NEED the 32bit Java! *and this is something no one said before although it is obvious your PC doesn't need 2 Java programs because...it is 1 PC, not 2 in one. :lol:
2. Go to your new Java folder which should be under Program Files (and not Program Files(X86) which is dedicated to 32bit programs) and check that indeed, you don't have any 3D components by default.
3. Get the 3D componnents for AMD that are missing from Java here: http://download.java.net/media/java3d/b ... -amd64.zip Unzip it and copy them to the folder on your PC where you installed Java on step 1. Pay attention to their corresponding paths and put each file in the right folder.
4. Start NBA2KModTool from wherever you want/is located on your PC. Now it will work!

I really hope this will help anyone ever experienced the same issue I had with AMD. If I did, please let me know. :cheeky:

You're the man! It works!

I am glad I was of any help and that someone actually found useful what I wrote here! (Y)
levynagy

Re: [Tool] NBA2KModTool V0.198 Update 2011/11/25 2K12 Support

Postby Maravich on Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:42 am

levynagy wrote:OK, finally I DID IT! :applaud: And it has nothing to do with anyone suggested here so far but this will work whoever is in my shoes and didn't get it to work so far so, pay attention to the following. :!:

Technical explanation:
The j3dcore-ogl.dll is a .dll related to 3D applications, doh. So in this case there was an error (readable only if you started NBA2KModTool from the batch file, otherwise you won't notice it!) given by the inability of your Java to load 3D components. No matter what version of Java you (have) install(ed), a topic that is all over NLSC forums, IF you got the error I got ("j3dcore-ogl.dll: can't load IA 32bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform") you failed at running the program because...nobody checked if there are any missing 3D .dll(s) from the installed Java - and if you check your Java folder, they are completely missing. Guess what? Java doesn't install them automatically and they are not in the official package! So you will those in order to get rid of the annoying message "j3dcore-ogl.dll: can't load IA 32bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform" and make things run smoothly.

Solution:
1. IF you are on Win 64, get your 64bit Java. You DON'T NEED the 32bit Java! *and this is something no one said before although it is obvious your PC doesn't need 2 Java programs because...it is 1 PC, not 2 in one. :lol:
2. Go to your new Java folder which should be under Program Files (and not Program Files(X86) which is dedicated to 32bit programs) and check that indeed, you don't have any 3D components by default.
3. Get the 3D componnents for AMD that are missing from Java here: http://download.java.net/media/java3d/b ... -amd64.zip Unzip it and copy them to the folder on your PC where you installed Java on step 1. Pay attention to their corresponding paths and put each file in the right folder.
4. Start NBA2KModTool from wherever you want/is located on your PC. Now it will work!

Thank you!!! Its working for me now!

I really hope this will help anyone ever experienced the same issue I had with AMD. If I did, please let me know. :cheeky:
Cf-Maker (Always in learning mode...)
EuroEndesa Mod : http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.ph ... a#p1648781
UR Basketball - Ultimate Base Roster - FIBA - NCAA and so many mods. Thousands of Maravich´s cyberfaces are walking for there...
Always old school
Maravich

Previous

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding