[Tool] Roster Editor - REDitor II (Current v. 5.0)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor - REDitor II (Current v. 3.7.1)

Postby JaoSming on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:30 am

with the modding interface add-on, yea
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby CHITOWN95 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:16 am

Jaoe would you know how to make the bulls around 10th overall pick for my player?? I do have the xbox 360 REDitor tho. But I dont think it would make a difference in this case
CHITOWN95

Postby JaoSming on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:34 am

i dont believe stuff like that is editable....however, if you go through the draft and save the file, you could edit rosters post-draft, to make players go where you wanted
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby CHITOWN95 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:53 am

well my draft projection tab isnt working for some reason, but are you saying go through season mode then draft & edit roster. But how would I be able to use that for my player mode or in my main menu screen to see that? Get what im sayin?
CHITOWN95

Postby JaoSming on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:48 am

I do not, didnt check to see that tab

yea, I'm not sure how to edit or do that. If the tutorials with the program don't help then I don't know.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby CHITOWN95 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:10 am

I think I will wait for Vlad to get back so I can ask him. Thank you tho
CHITOWN95

Postby jusagamerk26 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Can i add players to teams which already has 15 players using reditor? If it can, how could i do that. I tried one but the player does not appear in the roster as well as in the fa pool, where he was first placed? Another problem i encountered is that after putting the proper teamid to players i cannot anymore find them. They are not in the fapool either. What am i doing wrong? Thanks!
jusagamerk26

Postby JaoSming on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:35 pm

teamID only controls the portrait logo behind the player really. So you need to edit the teams tab to add players to a team.

The easiest way is to add the player to a team's rotation, update the plnum column, goto the players tab and make sure his isFA value is 0, then go in-game and have the game update the team's rotation minutes.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby archangel19 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:04 pm

hello everyone. can someone please answer my question..

how can i place a player on a team when a team is full using reditor?

for example: i want to put Dwight Howard on the lakers but they are full. I dont want to move anyone or put them at free agents I have my own roster.

thanks in advance for who will answer. God Bless! :)
archangel19

Postby JaoSming on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:16 pm

find dwights player ID

find him on the Magic, remove his ID and shift all the other Magic players in the rotation so there isnt a gap (i.e 123 45 78 -1 32 74 35, make it 123 45 78 32 74 35 -1)

add his ID to the Lakers at the end of the rotation

change the plnum column to take away 1 player from the Magic and add 1 to the Lakers

goto the players tab and change dwights teamIDs to the lakers

go in-game and have the game (or yourself) restructure the rotations for the teams aka the minutes assigned
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ApHavoc642 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:26 am

Leftos wrote:Excel should pretty much work just fine. You can also try the OpenOffice alternative, or even Google Docs. When it tells you it needs to change the file type, just ignore it and tell it to save as CSV either way.

As for the successfully edited CSV that REditor gives you trouble with, that message sounds like there's an empty cell where a number should be. Try looking for that one (should be ",," in the CSV). Or try pasting the CSV here in [code] tags or via PasteBin.com so that we can take a look at it (if you're worried about people stealing your work, PM me and/or Vlad the file, although Vlad is the one who'll be able to debug any REditor errors if there are any).

I haven't edited any CSVs by hand per se, but many of my tools edit the CSVs (NBA Stats Tracker, Roster Merge, Schedule Randomizer), and I've had no problem importing them back. But maybe Excel does mess up something in the CSV file.

Vlad, here's a suggestion. Can you try giving us cell position or at least row or column when such an error appears so that we know where to look for it? Should be pretty easy to code.

I use Notepad ++ to edit CSVs especially if I'm adding or copy/pasting players. No errors when using Notepad ++ since CSV = comma separated values.
ApHavoc642

Postby JaoSming on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:07 am

Excel & Google Docs have a column limit of 256, which the REDitor surpasses evidently (had issues over the weekend with the players tab and the two)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby mnlorenz0 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Using custom mods and rosters (Albys and UBR) on my NBA 2K12. Playing association mode now in my 4th year. Don't know if this Reditor related but noticed now I get duplicate names on the rookie prospects. Like I used a 2013 rookie draft class by Leon40 and now I get names like Shabazz Kidd-Gilchrist, Kidd-Gilchrist Kidd-Gilchrist wtf?!?! I only do minor edits on the player skill ratings just making small changes that's it.

After playing My Player for a few months I just started my association with the Bobcats. But now in my 4th year and a few games in, i started getting CTDs usually when I try to sub for someone during a free throw routine right before the player subbing animation. Is this related to a created player? or perhaps something I may have touched in Reditor while doing my edits with the player rating? It's usually just my team's players I do my edits in.

Other than this, getting a fantastic association experience with NBA 2K12 and with Reditor, I may have extended my NBA 2K12's gameplay experience even more!
mnlorenz0

Postby Leftos on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:07 pm

JaoSming wrote:Excel & Google Docs have a column limit of 256, which the REDitor surpasses evidently (had issues over the weekend with the players tab and the two)

Excel 2010 raised those limits by quite a bit.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/excel-specifications-and-limits-HP010342495.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HP005199291
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby archangel19 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:50 pm

@Jaosming..

hi, thanks for the answer but how can I do this??
the one you said which is "remove his ID and shift all the other Magic players in the rotation so there isnt a gap (i.e 123 45 78 -1 32 74 35, make it 123 45 78 32 74 35 -1)

change the plnum column to take away 1 player from the Magic and add 1 to the Lakers

go in-game and have the game (or yourself) restructure the rotations for the teams aka the minutes assigned"

HOW CAN I DO THIS?? THANK YOU AGAIN. :)
archangel19

Postby archangel19 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:09 am

JaoSming wrote:find dwights player ID

find him on the Magic, remove his ID and shift all the other Magic players in the rotation so there isnt a gap (i.e 123 45 78 -1 32 74 35, make it 123 45 78 32 74 35 -1)

go in-game and have the game (or yourself) restructure the rotations for the teams aka the minutes assigned

@Jaosming.
can you please make a video tutorial? i really cant understand these. please. i would appreciate it if you do. thank you! god bless. :)
archangel19

Postby Leftos on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:18 am

Don't double post. There's an edit button at the top-right corner of your post.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby mnlorenz0 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:56 pm

mnlorenz0 wrote:Using custom mods and rosters (Albys and UBR) on my NBA 2K12. Playing association mode now in my 4th year. Don't know if this Reditor related but noticed now I get duplicate names on the rookie prospects. Like I used a 2013 rookie draft class by Leon40 and now I get names like Shabazz Kidd-Gilchrist, Kidd-Gilchrist Kidd-Gilchrist wtf?!?! I only do minor edits on the player skill ratings just making small changes that's it.

After playing My Player for a few months I just started my association with the Bobcats. But now in my 4th year and a few games in, i started getting CTDs usually when I try to sub for someone during a free throw routine right before the player subbing animation. Is this related to a created player? or perhaps something I may have touched in Reditor while doing my edits with the player rating? It's usually just my team's players I do my edits in.

Other than this, getting a fantastic association experience with NBA 2K12 and with Reditor, I may have extended my NBA 2K12's gameplay experience even more!

Anyone who can help me out? Please :(
mnlorenz0

Postby archangel19 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Jaosming? can you make a video tutorial please? :)
archangel19

Postby suirad on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:25 am

I think i figured out the draft class issue crash. its because reditor is not assigning colleges correctly or photo id. u wont notice this until u try to edit your class in game or if your asked to load your class in association Sometimes the college field will show up blank fo a player. if any player in your class has a blank college field then when u load the class THE GAME WILL CRASH
suirad

Postby Sylvian on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:01 am

I have problem with AUDIO ID.

When I Create a player with surname apper in LastName tabs, speaker and comentator normal say i.e. LeBron Wade, Thomas Williams, Mike Howard etc. Colum with Audio ID Momentums show me a number, but the number is not the same in column AudioID1, AudioID2 on LastName Tab.
Somebody players in Audio Momentums collums, have value 0, but their name normal say comentators and speakers.

Can it make comentatory more editable ??

Bugs Report

I create draft class with portrait, but when those draftess was drafted, PortraitID of those players is changed. Is natural games proces or RedEditor didn`t remeber this values ??
I am sorry but I can`t speak English very well.

Please forgive me.
Sylvian

Postby ShaqDiesel_IV on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:14 am

I paid for the full version through paypal and still havent heard anything from this guy. I'm giving it 5 days if still no response im contacting paypal for refund
ShaqDiesel_IV

Postby Leftos on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:47 am

ShaqDiesel_IV, try contacting him at REditor@ya.ru.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Sylvian on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:05 pm

ShaqDiesel_IV, check your spam in email post. I give it on spam folders in my e-mail.
I am sorry but I can`t speak English very well.

Please forgive me.
Sylvian

Postby ShaqDiesel_IV on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:40 am

Leftos wrote:ShaqDiesel_IV, try contacting him at REditor@ya.ru.

I did, I sent him an email immediately following my payment asking him how long it would take to receive a key and I got no response.
ShaqDiesel_IV

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding