[Tool] Roster Editor - REDitor II (Current v. 5.0)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor - REDitor II (Current v. 3.7)

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks for the new release, much appreciated. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby DCAllAmerican on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:08 am

dlachen wrote:How come when I add new coaches to my roster and when I start. Association. Then fire current coach none of the coaches I add show up for me to hire

You have to add those coaches AFTER you start association mode. Currently, they reset once you enter association mode. Much like any injuries given to players outside of association mode.

I want to find out what "player inbound behavior" means . Vlad any word on that?
DCAllAmerican

Postby mo2thewillyo on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:27 pm

VLAD the TEAM Stats TAB does not save edits to team records. (Yes I have guru reditor). Please enable the team stats tab to have editable team records.

Also... love the new interface/setup of Advanced Awards. Makes it easy on the eyes! Can you also remodel/reconfigure the schedules and player stats tab. Its kinda hard going through the schedules tab without getting lost, confused, dizzy. Like maybe you could make a physical calender inside the reditor itself or schedules done team by team. Just a thought....

Remodeling the presentation of all those values and numbers would be a huge upgrade/help/improvement in design. Thanks
Last edited by mo2thewillyo on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mo2thewillyo

Postby jerrygildner on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:27 pm

Yeah the 8 draft class limit is on the Xbox 360 as well you get to 2020 and it locks if you try to import a draft class its a game thing bummer that they don't fix this stuff.
jerrygildner

Postby gamez on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Behindshadows wrote:also when I put the shoes at 1 for pshoes, if the cf ID and portrait ID don't match will that also cause it not to show up in game.

I put the shoes at 1 and still no pshoes... :(

Shoes are connected with portrait ID, so the pshoe name should be the portrait ID, not the CF ID.
gamez

Postby carmelo on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Vl@d Zola Jr. wrote:Hey, guys!

A new version is out and you can find the link in the frist post.
I hope, you will enjoy the new features, it introduces (awards and team stats editing, as well as several other; the full list is as always in the frist post). This is probably the last update to the NBA 2K12 Tables, unless a bug is spotted. I'm starting to work on MLB 2K12 now.
Huge thanks to all of you for your constant support!

Total Conversion Mod Makers, please, pay attention to the special message for you, located at the main menu of REDitor II.

Fantastic!!!
carmelo

Postby ashiin on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:32 am

I'm trying to give my My Player an injury so he can skip the whole season and finish his contract (I changed his contract so he only has a 1 year contract after being drafted). The league recognizes his injury and even says he's out, but then when I simulate to next key game it still jumps into the game, and after the loading screen my NBA 2k12 crashes. Is there a way to get around that?

Currently using player, but I upgraded to guru (still haven't received a key yet)
ashiin

Postby Lakeshow2482 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:26 am

Hey guys

Does anyone know if its possible to edit arenas so that you can use Broadcast Stadium camera? Most of the ubr courts use the generic camera
Lakeshow2482

Postby nbagnome on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:36 am

I've changed quite a few animations via global and some via past from excel but I'm not seeing the animations in game. For example I'm playing a 50s league and everyone should be shooting free throw using Rick Barry's style AFreeT 28, yet noone is. What could be the problem?
nbagnome

Postby ApHavoc642 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:41 am

http://s17.postimage.org/3x2oyps33/Untitled.png
Not sure if this is a REDitor issue or one of the numerous NBA 2K12 PC glitches. When looking at NBA/Team Records in Association mode, some of the records are blank.
ApHavoc642

Postby Syncinatti on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:14 am

Added: Players Shoe Brand Lock toggler is now editbale with NBA 2K12 Tables

Yes!
Syncinatti

Postby nuhmete on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:44 pm

ApHavoc642 wrote:http://s17.postimage.org/3x2oyps33/Untitled.png
Not sure if this is a REDitor issue or one of the numerous NBA 2K12 PC glitches. When looking at NBA/Team Records in Association mode, some of the records are blank.

I believe those are the ones they couldn't get the rights to use the name (like Barkley etc)
nuhmete
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ashiin on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:26 pm

ashiin wrote:I'm trying to give my My Player an injury so he can skip the whole season and finish his contract (I changed his contract so he only has a 1 year contract after being drafted). The league recognizes his injury and even says he's out, but then when I simulate to next key game it still jumps into the game, and after the loading screen my NBA 2k12 crashes. Is there a way to get around that?

Currently using player, but I upgraded to guru (still haven't received a key yet)

I solved this by luckily having my player trigger a real injury, then edited. Worked like a charm that way.

Now I wait for my guru key so I can mess with everything else...
ashiin

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:21 pm

I want to find out what "player inbound behavior" means . Vlad any word on that?

If the parameter is set (to 1), the player will go for inbound passes from time to time (depending on his position).
So, for example, LeBron has this parameter enabled, meaning, he will recieve the ball and bring it up the court sometimes (instead of PG or SG). If you set his value to 0, he will go for inbound passes, only if he plays a guard position. If you enable the parameter for Shaq, he will also tend to replace guards to recieve the ball on inbounds. :D

VLAD the TEAM Stats TAB does not save edits to team records. (Yes I have guru reditor). Please enable the team stats tab to have editable team records.

Also... love the new interface/setup of Advanced Awards. Makes it easy on the eyes! Can you also remodel/reconfigure the schedules and player stats tab. Its kinda hard going through the schedules tab without getting lost, confused, dizzy. Like maybe you could make a physical calender inside the reditor itself or schedules done team by team. Just a thought....

Remodeling the presentation of all those values and numbers would be a huge upgrade/help/improvement in design. Thanks

What do you mean by team records? Wins-losses records, or "most scored points per season", etc. records?

Well, i guess, the interface for Awards is the same. :) These are just several new parameters added there (actually, all Awards parameters were made editable, so there are no any uncovered ones left there).
Anyway it is certainly a good suggestion to upgrade MyFriend Interfaces in future. Thank you! I'll thing about what can be done there.
As for schedules: you can actually sort or filter by Team or Date to have an easier-for-an-eye representation.

Hey guys

Does anyone know if its possible to edit arenas so that you can use Broadcast Stadium camera? Most of the ubr courts use the generic camera

Does each arena has special camera-assignation?

I've changed quite a few animations via global and some via past from excel but I'm not seeing the animations in game. For example I'm playing a 50s league and everyone should be shooting free throw using Rick Barry's style AFreeT 28, yet noone is. What could be the problem?

Well, i can only suggest, you frogot to save the changes or loaded a wrong file in the game...

ApHavoc642 wrote:http://s17.postimage.org/3x2oyps33/Untitled.png

I believe those are the ones they couldn't get the rights to use the name (like Barkley etc)

Yes, you're right.

I solved this by luckily having my player trigger a real injury, then edited. Worked like a charm that way.

Now I wait for my guru key so I can mess with everything else...

Great to hear!
The key should already be in your e-mail box, by the way.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby DCAllAmerican on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:34 am

Damn that inbound feature was much needed. Thanks for that.
DCAllAmerican

Postby nbagnome on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:19 am

Thanks for the suggestion for what might be wrong. I don't believe the problem isn't on my end but rather it on reditor's end. The AFreeT #s are off by at least 4. I used trial and error until they finally had the right ft selected. I'm sure this is happening with others also, this was just very noticeable. I'll report others as I put my finger on them.
nbagnome

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:26 am

nbagnome wrote:Thanks for the suggestion for what might be wrong. I don't believe the problem isn't on my end but rather it on reditor's end. The AFreeT #s are off by at least 4. I used trial and error until they finally had the right ft selected. I'm sure this is happening with others also, this was just very noticeable. I'll report others as I put my finger on them.

OK, thanks. Please, report them, so i'll recheck everything and fix the issues by the next release.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Lakeshow2482 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:13 am

Yes each current arena has it's own special camera and arena sounds but all of the retro teams use a generic camera/arena sounds as all the added retro teams are created teams.

Also the retro teams accesories are all black I think because they are generic created teams.

Just wondering if there was a way to make a created team/arena appear as a normal team.
Lakeshow2482

Postby mo2thewillyo on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:14 am

Whenever you edit stats in the Team Stats tab the record and data doesn't save next time you open the file. Tried changing teams records and it never saves.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Vlad hokup was once talking about making an art editing tool but he didn't get enough "support" It be great if you could make an art editing tool for us Xbox360 users... after all PC guys shouldn't have all the fun! Don't know if hokup guy would collaborate with on you making an art tool, but could you consider creating one? If me or anyone else has the ability to help you.... we would be glad to. Just check out the support on pages 331-333 of the editing roster w/ hex editor thread. There are people in there supporting its need for creation.

Hope you take up the task. Would totally commend support and be glad to pay for such a tool. Would be worth it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... r-331.html
mo2thewillyo

Postby mymannemcee on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Quick question. I'm mainly using this for the sneaker brand lock because I would like to fix it for a few people in the FIBA mod, but is it relatively easy to reach where I need to change it? Or will I need a certain set of directions first? I'm very novice with REDitor.

EDIT: found it out. Never mind!
Last edited by mymannemcee on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
mymannemcee

Postby Behindshadows on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:31 pm

gamez wrote:
Behindshadows wrote:also when I put the shoes at 1 for pshoes, if the cf ID and portrait ID don't match will that also cause it not to show up in game.

I put the shoes at 1 and still no pshoes... :(

Shoes are connected with portrait ID, so the pshoe name should be the portrait ID, not the CF ID.

thank you I will try to change them then and see if that works..thank you so much...
Live Life Don't Let Life Live You!
Behindshadows

Postby ryan4889 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:47 pm

I really wanna work on any cyberfaces that are not present in the ubr which is mostly bench guys...this is where I can get my feet wet since I have never done this before...if i buy the guru version and I have adobe photoshop cs6 (can't get the dds plugin yet due to download link and site being down atm, but im aware that i will need this) will I have all I need to start experimenting with creating cyberfaces?...watched a few youtube videos and the first part didn't look too tough...if we could get cyberfaces for every player that would be SICK...i, for one, have not done any rosters yet this year (normally i do a full 40-man baseball roster for the show - ryan4889's 1988 roster for show 11 was my masterpiece...im sure a lot of the guys doing the faces are getting burnt out and im fresh and wanna do a ton of stuff since i have the next month off until school starts back up...any help would be appreciated...i have several tutorials favorited so i will be looking at these over the next day or 2 as well...thanks fellas
Long live the UBR!
ryan4889

Postby DCAllAmerican on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:55 am

1. Vlad, whenever an association file is opened, the draft class that is imported loses their names. First names, last names, and are often replaced by symbols.

2. When you Auto-generate rookies into an association file, and then you open that association file via EDITOR, there are 160 prospects generated and not 80 like there should only be.

3. When you open an association file after you have auto-generated the prospects, and then you attempt to overwrite those auto-generated players with real prospects, the game freezes in years 2 on NOV. 19.

Can you look into these issues please?
DCAllAmerican

Postby MeloJello on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:22 am

Hey Vlad is there a way to see a player overall in your editor.
MeloJello

Postby jhoosouza on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:24 pm

have to change the name of the teams with the reditor? excuse my bad English I thank
jhoosouza

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding