Enhanced Crowd Textures V2 (UPDATED)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Enhanced Crowd Textures V2 (UPDATED)

Postby TNeckDME on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Enhanced Crowd Textures V2

This mod aims to improve the quality of the crowd in NBA 2K12 by extracting the crowd textures from the team_###.iff files and updating them with more detail. Feel free to include any texture or part of these mods in your projects.

- All of the face textures have been changed.
- The women in the crowd have much more variety in their faces.
- Some men are bald or wear beanies that match the color of their shirts.
- The shirts and accessories (foam hands, signs) now have more shading detail.
- No more jet black T-shirts without detail (as seen in the example below).

To install: Download one (or both) of the files below and extract it directly to your NBA 2K12 directory.

ECT V2 is split up into two parts:
NBA: Contains updated crowds for all 30 NBA teams + the East and West All Star teams.
OTHERS: Contains updated crowds for the classic, D-League and miscellaneous teams.

DOWNLOAD ENHANCED CROWD V2 NBA: http://www.mediafire.com/?00ynvr476spu73r
DOWNLOAD ENHANCED CROWD V2 OTHERS: http://www.mediafire.com/?2ekgad3ux1t24u0

MORE SCREENSHOTS (V1):

Image Image Image Image Image

Enhanced Crowd Textures Template V2

This contains a PSD file that can be used to update old NBA 2K crowd textures (or custom textures) to the Enhanced style. For instance, you could take the Washington Wizards crowd from NBA 2K11 (which has their old jerseys) and add the enhancements to it, for use in NBA 2K12.

To use it, Paste your NBA 2K11/2K12 crowd image into the "Insert Texture Here" layer, and the new effects/textures will be applied to it.

DOWNLOAD ENHANCED CROWD TEMPLATE V2: http://www.mediafire.com/?382d0scq4fgf5fl
Last edited by TNeckDME on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
TNeckDME

Re: Enhanced Crowd Textures (Preview)

Postby JoeJames on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:24 pm

Looks good bro
:applaud:
2k12 Works

Led dornas
17 (done) / 17 (posted)

Normal dornas
13 (done) / 13 (posted)

Uniforms [30 teams]
30 (teams done) / 30 (teams posted)
JoeJames
Contributor
Contributor

Postby chaodck on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Great work!! Looking forward to your release!
chaodck

Postby tatlopuyo on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:05 pm

awesome!
tatlopuyo

Postby Sixers85 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:32 pm

very good idea (Y) , last year I have made ( for my personal) all crow jersey with more real color and more real atmosfere...can you added it? ( it's a hard work,but is a awesome result)
Sixers85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Walhalla on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:35 pm

NIce work (Y)
Walhalla

Postby soulart on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:55 pm

nice work! (Y) The only thing awkward about your mod are the sort of "bald" guys. Can you pls. at least change the hair color into a different one, one that's not close to its skin tone. Other than than, everything looks great. (Y) (Y)
soulart

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:38 am

No FPS drop for this hopefully.
karlsanada10

Postby tnt23 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:44 am

nice work

+1 for the bald guy

are there any unique caracters in the crowd file that ends up at front row ?

would be nice to have spike or Jack :)
ALLTiME ALLSTARS
tnt23

Postby Rangez on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:04 am

Nice work
°°°°°Rangez°°°°°
I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
Michael Jordan
NBA 2k Montage/Mix Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mr2KImpossible
NBA Real Life Mixes: http://www.youtube.com/user/TdotPrid3
Comment, Rate and Subscribe! :)
Rangez

Postby TNeckDME on Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:52 am

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll post an update later, and can release the mod for 2K11 if anyone's interested.

soulart wrote:nice work! (Y) The only thing awkward about your mod are the sort of "bald" guys. Can you pls. at least change the hair color into a different one, one that's not close to its skin tone. Other than than, everything looks great. (Y) (Y)

Those guys are actually supposed to be bald, but I see what you're talking about. There's a dark area on the bald guy's forehead I need to fix to make it match the rest of his head.

Sixers85 wrote:very good idea (Y) , last year I have made ( for my personal) all crow jersey with more real color and more real atmosfere...can you added it? ( it's a hard work,but is a awesome result)

I remember thasainted41 made a mod for NBA 2K11 that gave the home crowd team colored attire for a better playoff atmosphere. His mod actually helped me figure out how the alpha maps affect the crowd textures, and how to use them to add detail to the shirts.

I haven't taken a look at the 2K12 crowd textures, but the NBA 2K12 crowd already has more team colored clothing by default. I'm not sure if they set it up like thasainted41 did, or if they're using HEX/coded team color values for the crowd's clothing.

What I can do is post a PSD template that modders can use to apply the lighting effects and new crowd textures to their own custom textures.

tnt23 wrote:are there any unique caracters in the crowd file that ends up at front row ?

would be nice to have spike or Jack :)

Unfortunately there aren't. There's only 6 face textures per each gender, so if I changed one of them to Jack Nicholson for the Lakers arena, there'd be Jack clones all over Staples Center.
TNeckDME

Postby StompTheCourt on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:15 pm

really great work :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby hrbulls on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:39 pm

nice work!
hrbulls

Postby TNeckDME on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:16 am

I've updated the first post with the PSD template, and have added a few new screenshots. I've also released the 2K11 version.

I wasn't quite able to fix the issue with the bald guy's forehead. NBA 2K11 overlays some kind of AO map over the crowd members, but I have no idea where that texture is. I don't think they overlay the AO map in NBA 2K12, so it shouldn't be an issue in that. The NBA 2K12 Cyber Faces Textures Importer & Exporter does extract the 2K12 team_XXX.iff textures, but they're all garbled when you open them up in Photoshop.

TNeckDME

Postby nextnba on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:46 am

How do you install this patch?
nextnba

Postby Jimmysticks90 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:01 am

TNeckDME wrote:I've updated the first post with the PSD template, and have added a few new screenshots. I've also released the 2K11 version.

I wasn't quite able to fix the issue with the bald guy's forehead. NBA 2K11 overlays some kind of AO map over the crowd members, but I have no idea where that texture is. I don't think they overlay the AO map in NBA 2K12, so it shouldn't be an issue in that. The NBA 2K12 Cyber Faces Textures Importer & Exporter does extract the 2K12 team_XXX.iff textures, but they're all garbled when you open them up in Photoshop.

Don't worry, there isn't much you can do for bald guys. Great Job T-Neck!
Jimmysticks90

Postby homicide1550 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Maybe you can release a "no bald guys" texture... Seeing too many of them kinda freaks me out a bit.. But nice work anyway! (Y)
homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Deng_09 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:40 pm

Good work man, looks good :giggity:
Deng_09

Postby TNeckDME on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:22 am

nextnba wrote:How do you install this patch?

I'm still waiting on a way to edit 2K12's team_###.iff files, so I won't be able to release this mod until I can access those. Modding tools have been coming out pretty fast though, so it's only a matter of time.

When this mod is released, all you'll need to do is extract the files to your NBA 2K12 folder, overwriting the old ones. You'd need to backup your team_###.iff files in case you decide to switch back to the default crowd.
TNeckDME

Postby supreme on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:39 pm

awesome dude, keep it coming.
supreme

Postby Jepoybulldog on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:01 pm

Will this be released? to the top of the forum ^^^^^^

http://youtu.be/tNQxbTeDIx8
Jepoybulldog

Re: Enhanced Crowd Textures (Preview, Updated)

Postby TNeckDME on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:41 am

Thanks to the ModTool update, I was able to get the textures into NBA 2K12. I've updated the screenshots.

I haven't released the mod yet, since there's an issue with 9 of the teams' crowds. They have a weird dithering effect from a distance that gets even worse when the camera moves farther away from the crowd. I mentioned the issue in the ModTool thread. If you think the screenshot is bad, it's even worse in motion.

I'd like to wait and see if there's a fix. If demand is high enough, I can release the Enhanced Crowd, but without the 9 teams that have the dithering glitch (76ers, Wizards, Grizzlies, Hawks, Kings, Pacers, Rockets, Timberwolves, Trail Blazers) until they've been fixed.
TNeckDME

Postby ShowBiz on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:44 am

Looks good, I'm down for a release. Also, I know I've asked this before, but do you think this tool out now can help edit the crowd brightness?
ShowBiz

Postby chicagoRAW on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:00 am

Really interested in trying this. (Y)
chicagoRAW

Postby TNeckDME on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:45 am

I've released two versions of the mod: FULL and PARTIAL. The Partial version excludes the 9 NBA teams with buggy textures, while the Full version includes them. If you decide to use Full, I'd recommend backing up your team_###.iff files (000 to 031) just in case.

ShowBiz wrote:Also, I know I've asked this before, but do you think this tool out now can help edit the crowd brightness?

Yeah. Now that you can extract the textures with ModTool, you can edit the DDS files and tweak the brightness that way.

A better method would be what michaelvlutz49 did with his crowd. He used hex editing to adjust the crowd's brightness with the in-game lighting. If you want to ask him about it, he's got a thread on NLSC. He's actually done a lot of cool things with NBA 2K12.
TNeckDME

Next

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding