Today I finnish works on roster version.
It`s late 1980s. Canadians suffers for basketball fever. Two businessman (John Bitove and Arthur Griffiths) try establish two professional teams from Canada – Toronto Raptors and Vancouver Grizzlies. In the same time businessman group establish club in Las Vegas – Bobcats.
National Basketball League invite those three teams to organization and until 1990/1991 season in league are 30 teams. League was splited to three division in two conference each ( in East – Atlantic, Central and South – East, in West: South- West, North – West, and Pacific Division). Toronto Raptors assigned to Atlantic Division, Vancouver Grizzlies assigned to North-West Division, and Las Vegas Bobcats assigned to South – West Division.
Expansion draft rules:
- If teams lost one of unprotected players, can`t lost next.
- Picks are spiral that means club who selected first pick in round expansion draft, can`t select first pick in the next round.
- Clubs can offer maximum: first pick player 7.5M$ per season, second pick 4.35M$, third pick 3.8$M, fourth 3.5M$, and any further picked players 3.0M$.
- Clubs may contract free agents and salaries cup is 60M$.
- Clubs didn`t select players in 1990 draft.
Philadelphia - Dexter Shouse(PG), Kurt NImphuis (C)
Milwaukee – Jerry Sichting (PG),
Chicago – Charles Davis ( PF)
Cleveland – Gary Voce ( PF)
Boston – Jim Paxson (SF), Dennis Johnson (PG)
Los Angleles Clippers – Jay Edwards (PG), Torgeir Brynn (C), Steve Harris (SG), Perry Young (SG)
Atlanta – Mike Williams (PF), Wes Matthews ( PG)
Miami – Jim Rowinski (PF)
Charlotte – Terry Dozier (PF), Brian Rowson (SF), Ralph Lewis (SG), Michael Holton (SG), Richard Anderson (PF)
Utah – Erick Johnson (SG), Raymond Brown (PF), Jose Ortiz (PF),
Sacramento – Michael Jackson (PG), Randy Allen (PF), Ed Stokes (C), Harrold Pressley (SF)
New York Knicks – Kenneth Scott (SF)
Los Angeles Lakers – Melvin McCants (PF), Steve Bucknall (SG), Jay Vincent ( SF), Michael Cooper (SG).
Orlando Magic – Ben Poquette (C)
Dallas – Mark Wade (PG), Anthony Jones (SG)
New Jersey – Jay Taylor ( SG), Stanley Brundy (SF), Rick Carlisle (PG), Purvis Short ( SG)
Denver – Eddie Hughes ( SG), Bill Hanzlik ( SF)
Indiana – Dyron Nix (SF), Calvin Natt (SF)
Detroit - Stan Kimbrough ( PG)
Houston – Lewis Lloyd (SG),
San Antonio – Zarko Paspalj ( PF), Jeff Lebo ( PG), Uwe Blab (C), John Moore (PG)
Phoenix – Mike Morrison (SG), Mike McGee (SF)
Seattle – Russ Shoene (PF)
Minnesota - Andrian Branch ( SG), Scott Roth (SF)
Portland – Nate Johnson ( PF)
Golden State – Marques Johnson (SG), Chris Welp (C), Leonard Taylor (PF)
Washingotn – Doug Roth (C), Ed Horton (SF), Mel Turpin (PF)
1. Bobacats: Dennis Johnson
2. Grizzlies: Marques Johnson
3. Raptors: Purvis Short
4. Grizzlies: Johny Moore
5. Raptors: Wes Matthews
6. Bobcats: Mel Turpin
7. Raptors: Jay Vincent
8. Bobcats: Kurt Nimphuis
9. Grizzlies: Calvin Natt
10. Toronto: Harold Pressley
11. Grizzlies: Russ Schoene
12. Bobcats: Mike McGee
13. Grizzlies: Charles Davis
14. Bobcats: Lewis Lloyd
15. Raptors: Jose Ortiz
16. Bobcats: Steve Harris
17. Raptors: Jerry Sichting
18. Grizzlies: Bill Hanzlik
19. Grizzlies: Mark Wade
20. Bobcats: Jim Rowinski
21. Raptors Adrian Branch
22. Bobcats: Stan Kimbrough
23. Raptors: Nate Johnstone
24. Grizzlies: Gary Voce
25. Raptors: Richard Anderson
26. Grizzlies: Ben Poquette
27. Bobcats: Kenneth Scoot
What was created:
- in Roster appear all players which appear in NBA 1990/1991 season at least one match, and almost all players who appear at least one match in season 1989/1990, and 1988/1989 - (Caldwell Jones, Sidney Lowe, Mike Dunleavy, Abdul-Jabbar, Ballard, Birdsong, Nixon, Dawkins, Hubbard, Iavaroni, Tyler, Whitehead, etc).
- players who was drafted in 1990 and earlier, but didn`t play on NBA before 1990 - Kukoc, Sabonis, Antonio Davis, Carl Herrera, Derek Strong, Dino Radja, Dean Garrett, Doug Lee, Steve Bardo, Stefano Rusconi, Pat Durham, Ricky Blanton, Ricky Grace and Todd Mitchell - few of this like Kukoc, Sabonis, Davis, Radja appear in NBA D-League but during season may it call back to NBA Team.
- players who finnish college before 1990 but didn`t drafted in any draft: Chris Childs, Eldrigde Recasner, Michael Curry, Lloyd Daniels, David Benoit, Marty Conlon, Paul Graham, Brian Howard - and many more who was less famous of those players.
- players from NBA D- League are not random players. Most of this is players which appear in CBA on 1990/1991 season + players who was unprotected during expansion draft and who didn`t drafted.
- all players appear in NBA has correct NBA stats from last season.
- is deleted players who came into Hall of Fame later than 1989 year.
- Is deleted awards after season 1989/1990. All awards from season 1989/1990 is correctly.
- all bio information are correct - date of birth, college, draft year, draft round, draft posiotion audi_ID ( if possible).
What was changed.
- I use 1990/1991 Mod 2.0 by Suirad. I little balanced skills for some players. I changed almost all contract years, year wage and option in contrat tabs.
What will be edited in next release ??
This mod is only database edited. This mode didn`t appear any graphics file - so many new players are no portrait and cyberfaces - but I will try imitate for realistic as the game possible. In next release I try make a graphics file to make someone else make portraits to new players.
Ultimate Base Roster Contributors
If you feel that my work deserved recognition, donate me
Players send on NBA D-League before season start ( Davis, Kukoc, Sabonis, Del Negro, Bagley, Volkov, Rivers, Herrera) can`t be recall immediatelly after start new game. If you put they on roster, you must first send down a player, and call back other player. If anybody knows how change it I will be thankful.