CPU Never Double Teams

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

CPU Never Double Teams

Postby MJALLDAY on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:58 pm

I love 2k12 but the CPU never double teams which really ruins the game. Sometimes they trap on pick & rolls but they never send an extra guy if your dominating in the post or 1 on 1. If you have a dominant post player like Shaq you could score 100 points if you want, plus without double teams there is no spacing and you can't play inside out. Is there a fix? I tried cranking the help defense strength slider up to 100 and it didn't work. I tried increasing the difficulty to Hall of Fame and I did get a couple of double teams on Shaq in the post but the game is too hard for me at that difficulty. Is there a way to get the cpu to double in all star difficulty? Another flaw is that when the CPU is down big they always go into a full court press which is quite easy to beat. It would be be more realistic to get some full court traps instead.
MJALLDAY

Re: CPU Never Double Teams

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:33 pm

The cpu doesn't really double team much in 2K12. The developers really messed that up. 2K13 is better at it by quite a margin.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:34 pm

Normally I'd advocate playing on a lower difficulty setting and adjusting the sliders to increase the challenge, but in this case it might be better to play on Superstar and adjust the sliders to give you a bit more of an advantage to counteract some of the AI's tactics that are, shall we say, less than fair.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby MJALLDAY on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:16 am

I tried to no avail. I think it's time to move on to 2k13.
MJALLDAY

Return to NBA 2K12