Saving logos

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Saving logos

Postby keroptas on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:46 am

I did all this already:
1 - exported a logo of the game in dds files
2 - I edited my logo with gimp, saved to dds and generate minimap
3 - I used 3dm tool to make substitution of the game just for my edited (dds), Rescued
4 - when I opened the game I did not see my change.

Where am I going wrong?
keroptas

Re: Saving logos

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:35 pm

try using the normal mod tool
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby keroptas on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Where is this normal mod tool, in which editor?

I use the logos, and do everything. DDS, is correct or use the PNG files.
In nba 2k12 3 DM, despite being Chinese, there is a gap mipmap in the upper right corner is to score before saving or not?
keroptas

Postby keroptas on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:28 pm

People who can help me, I'll explain what I want:

I just want to put a figure on the other already in jersey, is it possible? how?, what kind of image I can edit this jersey, or png files dds files, please if someone has a tip thank you, I tried the method above and it did not work.

Until the time of saving I think is right, I edit with GIMP, open the file following the guidelines of the videos:
- Load mipmaps hang the window and show this dialog, have another window that appears in GIMP when it opens;
- Try to make these changes above, then saved the image to dds, when I click save (in my export program), another window appears, landmark BC3/dxt5 compression options, default format, and generate mipmap,
- Then I'll go 3MD mind this tool into the program saved, yet not I view my changes in the game;

Another important thing, is to change the green jerseys but also does not change the team uniform?

What's going on?, What is my mistake?

I thank the people who know this site to help me, because I'm hopeless
keroptas

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:51 pm

first, you needed to state that you are editing uniforms, not "logos"

yes, you need to be using the 3DM tool, and you sound like you are doing everything right, just make sure you save the iff file in the 3dm tool, second option down in the left menu. Check my video tutorials if you dont know where that is.

Other than making sure it saved (close the file, open it back up again) and making sure the iff file is in the main folder to be recognized by the game, then I dont know.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby keroptas on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:16 am

JaoSming,

I saw your video NBA 2K12 GIMP DDS BASIC helped a lot, but what I know is to replace the team name to this shirt, putting a figure equal to the shell of a football team, if I have to index images, copy and paste ......... may be the same gimp.
where are these files and how can I make this change

just need to fit it and be happy
keroptas

Postby JaoSming on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:02 am

you just edit the texture to make it look the way you want it to look in-game, i really can't describe it any better than that. Just make sure when you export you only have 1 layer.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Return to NBA 2K12