Creating Rosters For Every Year.. PLS HELP..

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Creating Rosters For Every Year.. PLS HELP..

Postby melomanu20 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:17 pm

Hello everyone, first off, I wanna thank everyone that was involved in making the UBR. You guys did an unbelievable job! I have a question and hopefully you guys can help me out =)

I downloaded the UBR V26, which included the 93, 95, 98, 99 and 2007 mods. What I wanna do is create a roster for each season, for example, have rosters from 1991.. 1992.. all the way through 2012. I have done this for 2k11 on Xbox but after seeing all the things you can do on the PC, i left the Xbox! The UBR is awesome, but I also like playing with teams from the same year, I'm not too big on picking the 91 Bulls and going against the 2000 Lakers =)

Anyway the problem I have is getting all the players from a specific year.. plus the jerseys, courts, and logos altogether (since they change over time too). I tried using the 1993 mod, re-saved it as 1991, then tried to trade the players around to fit 91. It was working fine until I realized that players like Magic and Bird are not on the 93 roster because they were already retired that year. Same problem with trying to make 1994. Rookies like Webber and Hardaway are not on the 93 roster either.

I am thinking there's gotta be a way to do what I'm trying to do, maybe through the Reditor or something? And how about using the UBR as my base as it already has all the players, jerseys, courts and logos.. is there a way that I can switch logos between teams on the UBR? E.g., the first team on the UBR is the 2012 76ers.. I would wanna be able to switch that logo to the 1991 76ers logo, and so on for the other teams.

Thanks in advance!!
melomanu20

Re: Creating Rosters For Every Year.. PLS HELP..

Postby JaoSming on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:46 pm

they REDitor is the tool to handle all of this, except you need a pay license to be able to edit all you need to edit

you could transfer players from UBR teams to your 1991 roster as needed, but once you get a beginning year, they included all those draft classes which should help with going from 91 to 92 to 93 etc. You would just need to update the roster's calls for team art and courts, which again, you could use the UBR as a base for.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby melomanu20 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:58 pm

Thanks alot JaoSming! Just by confirming that its possible is great news! So there's different paid-for versions of the Reditor II. Which one do i need? Player, developer or guru? Also what is the difference between modders and myfriend interfaces? Which do i need between those two?
melomanu20

Postby JaoSming on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:12 am

here is the best chart for comparing - http://buy.red-mods.com/Comparison.htm#NBA2K12PC

You should be OK with the 'developer' license, and the modding interface allows you to have more than one roster open at once. MyFriend adds a panel that explains all the values, but there is a tutorial pdf included with the REDitor, so yea.

IMO, your process should be similar to this;

Get base roster (whether you make 1991 or use 1993)
Make sure all trades and retirements are completed from that year
Add "rookies" from UBR Draft Class files over retired players and/or legend/dev players (they start around ID 418 iirc)
Update Art (logos, jerseys, floors) for the teams if they have a team in the UBR or other year's roster (arenas tab, uniforms tab, teams tab)
Update the teams tab to make sure all the needed players are in the main rotation (this controls what player is on what team)

and then so on each year,

I will be honest with you, its a lot of spreadsheets and the roster can be a pain in the ass, this will take a lot of work. It might be easier to load the 1993 roster in association mode, controlling all 30 teams to prevent CPU trades and FA signings, load the 1994 draft class, go through the draft like what really happened, then use the Roster Exporter in the REDitor to export the association roster to an actual roster. Then continue the process with additional draft classes.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby melomanu20 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:24 am

Yea that's a great suggestion, thanks! I will definitely look into that. (Y)
melomanu20

Postby melomanu20 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:29 am

Hey JaoSming. I now have me the developers version of the REDitor, the things awesome in what it can do. Well worth the money. Im playing around with it now and changed a few things like logos and team names, cf's etc. Just trying to get a little feel for it. Thanks so much for the help and your expertise.
melomanu20

Return to NBA 2K12