My Player Trade Request problem

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

My Player Trade Request problem

Postby 2KGames Addict on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi, am new here and I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing my problem in 2K12. My problem is that when I request a trade, I keep getting traded to the teams that are interested in me rather than the teams I am interested in. For example recently, I requested a trade to the Timberwolves but instead I got traded to the Lakers. Does any have the same problem?...Solutions?...

Thanks!
2KGames Addict

Re: My Player Trade Request problem

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:35 pm

You can't expect to always go to the team you want to go to, especially with cap restrictions and whether the other team is willing or not. I chose the Lakers and Clippers, but I landed on the Lakers and they put me at point guard next to Kobe. I was traded for my former Knicks teammate, Carmelo Anthony who signed with the Lakers, while I signed with New Jersey. Request another trade, you might have a better chance the second time around.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby 2KGames Addict on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Previously when I would request a trade, I would either get accepted to the team I requested a trade with, or remain on the team that I am on (that's if the trade request is not accepted by the requested team). But now it seems that after being denied by the team that I requested I get sent to another team I never requested. In your case I understand you requested two choices, Lakers and Clippers, and you got one of those choices. But it my case...I requested for the Timberwolves as a first choice, Bobcats for the second choice and had no third choice...Yet I got traded to the lakers... :evil:
2KGames Addict

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:19 pm

As Pdub said, you don't always get what you want when you request a trade (not unlike real life). Sounds like you were fortunate enough to go where you wanted before but this time, you weren't so lucky. As Pdub also noted, other factors like the team's interest in acquiring you and ability to trade for you under the salary cap rules also come into play.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby 2KGames Addict on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Oh I see...Thanks...I guess Ima keep tryin...
2KGames Addict

Postby The_Pharoah on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:00 am

Well I just started a new MP season as SF and was drafted by the Houston Rockets - after a few games I noticed that the teams interested in me were the Heat, Lakers and Celtics so I asked to be traded. In the end I got traded to the Bulls but for Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah!! doh...what kind of idiot does that? lol....(it was for another guy as well). totally stupid. So, I took matters into my own hands...and 'traded myself' lol...(with the chinese trainer).

Now I'm 6th man with a lot of playing time because Deng got injured two games after the start of the new season! woo hoo.
The_Pharoah

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Yeah, the trade logic leaves something to be desired. Flattering, though. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K12