Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressions

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Lagoa on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:30 am

Hate the patch here.... destroys realistic gameplay here...

I have a backup for a non installer patch, but if i use it, no more online...

God, 2k made a terrible work this year.
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby carmelo on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Lagoa wrote:Hate the patch here.... destroys realistic gameplay here...

I have a backup for a non installer patch, but if i use it, no more online...

God, 2k made a terrible work this year.

I agree. I like better the gameplay before. We want a patch for this patch or we want 2k remove the gameplay of this patch without loosing online.
User avatar
carmelo
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:56 am
Location: Hellas

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby rotchild on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:08 pm

I haven't read a single positive comment about this patch. Typical 2k... what a shame.
User avatar
rotchild
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:54 am

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby gogadantes on Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:07 pm

rotchild wrote:I haven't read a single positive comment about this patch. Typical 2k... what a shame.

:evil: I feel the same way. Ugh. Lucky I always look around for feedback online before installing any game patch. Definitely won't be installing this one then.
So basically after a LONG wait, nothing is fixed. :cry: I really hope NBA Live comes back next year so 2KSports can get some competition. Seems they've grown lazy from their success, which ironically was the case with EA with Live.
Image
User avatar
gogadantes
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:06 pm
Location: Posting up on the left box

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby fear777 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Post patch gameplay is incredible.Idk why you guys have problems.Play smart.Yes, cpu AI is harder with the patch but you need to run plays and study the opponent's weaknesses.I have already Def Awr and Off Awr at 100 for both user and cpu and it plays a wonderful game of bball in both ends.Having problems with passes?Reduce passing lanes for cpu somewhere at 25.Raise shooting fouls at 73.I'm using Alby's rosters and the stats are spot on in every area.So, saying nothing is fixed is a lie.Yes, team stats bug is not fixed.So what?Pass response is fixed,fast breaks are fixed (having tons of them with my players filling great the lanes all the way to the basket), D movement is great,offensive movement too, plays are now responsive and never break unlsess you want them to break, finally cpu is defending the post as it should, offensive rebounds number is increased (now having the slider at 90 or 100 gives you the magic number of 11-13 off rebs per game, trade logic is way better now.I even see more animations on the court.Yesterday I had my player diving for the ball and cpu running to him immidiately and grabbing it for a jump-ball.
Also, those of you having problems with the account screen showing every time at game launch, just set the nba2k12 executable to run as admin.Voila.Fixed.
Finally, if you believe EA's effort will offer something in the competition I think you are having high hopes.
fear777
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby chok9 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Didnt worked man! Still stuck on the Account thingy...

fear777 wrote:Post patch gameplay is incredible.Idk why you guys have problems.Play smart.Yes, cpu AI is harder with the patch but you need to run plays and study the opponent's weaknesses.I have already Def Awr and Off Awr at 100 for both user and cpu and it plays a wonderful game of bball in both ends.Having problems with passes?Reduce passing lanes for cpu somewhere at 25.Raise shooting fouls at 73.I'm using Alby's rosters and the stats are spot on in every area.So, saying nothing is fixed is a lie.Yes, team stats bug is not fixed.So what?Pass response is fixed,fast breaks are fixed (having tons of them with my players filling great the lanes all the way to the basket), D movement is great,offensive movement too, plays are now responsive and never break unlsess you want them to break, finally cpu is defending the post as it should, offensive rebounds number is increased (now having the slider at 90 or 100 gives you the magic number of 11-13 off rebs per game, trade logic is way better now.I even see more animations on the court.Yesterday I had my player diving for the ball and cpu running to him immidiately and grabbing it for a jump-ball.
Also, those of you having problems with the account screen showing every time at game launch, just set the nba2k12 executable to run as admin.Voila.Fixed.
Finally, if you believe EA's effort will offer something in the competition I think you are having high hopes.
User avatar
chok9
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:21 am

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby carmelo on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:06 pm

fear777 wrote:Post patch gameplay is incredible.Idk why you guys have problems.Play smart.Yes, cpu AI is harder with the patch but you need to run plays and study the opponent's weaknesses.I have already Def Awr and Off Awr at 100 for both user and cpu and it plays a wonderful game of bball in both ends.Having problems with passes?Reduce passing lanes for cpu somewhere at 25.Raise shooting fouls at 73.I'm using Alby's rosters and the stats are spot on in every area.So, saying nothing is fixed is a lie.Yes, team stats bug is not fixed.So what?Pass response is fixed,fast breaks are fixed (having tons of them with my players filling great the lanes all the way to the basket), D movement is great,offensive movement too, plays are now responsive and never break unlsess you want them to break, finally cpu is defending the post as it should, offensive rebounds number is increased (now having the slider at 90 or 100 gives you the magic number of 11-13 off rebs per game, trade logic is way better now.I even see more animations on the court.Yesterday I had my player diving for the ball and cpu running to him immidiately and grabbing it for a jump-ball.
Also, those of you having problems with the account screen showing every time at game launch, just set the nba2k12 executable to run as admin.Voila.Fixed.
Finally, if you believe EA's effort will offer something in the competition I think you are having high hopes.


I believe that NBA2k12 is the best sport game I've ever played, but I don't Like the new patch gameplay. I used the 2k's official simulation sliders with offensive rebounds to 90 and def. to 10 (both cpu/user) and I have very realistic games before the patch with 8-13 off. rebounds. I don't want to believe that 2k releases this patch to improve the game using only Albys things. Now I use 2k's simulation sliders and the cpu contest shoot is too hard. They destroy the medium range shoot. Even if you have an A shooter and you are alone, the cpu sprint like hell and denies the shoot. I want the old best-for-me gameplay and the online. I agree that EA's games aren't compared with 2ks.
User avatar
carmelo
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:56 am
Location: Hellas

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby MrGrizzlie on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:21 pm

fear777 wrote:Post patch gameplay is incredible.Idk why you guys have problems.Play smart.Yes, cpu AI is harder with the patch but you need to run plays and study the opponent's weaknesses.I have already Def Awr and Off Awr at 100 for both user and cpu and it plays a wonderful game of bball in both ends.Having problems with passes?Reduce passing lanes for cpu somewhere at 25.Raise shooting fouls at 73.I'm using Alby's rosters and the stats are spot on in every area.So, saying nothing is fixed is a lie.Yes, team stats bug is not fixed.So what?Pass response is fixed,fast breaks are fixed (having tons of them with my players filling great the lanes all the way to the basket), D movement is great,offensive movement too, plays are now responsive and never break unlsess you want them to break, finally cpu is defending the post as it should, offensive rebounds number is increased (now having the slider at 90 or 100 gives you the magic number of 11-13 off rebs per game, trade logic is way better now.I even see more animations on the court.Yesterday I had my player diving for the ball and cpu running to him immidiately and grabbing it for a jump-ball.
Also, those of you having problems with the account screen showing every time at game launch, just set the nba2k12 executable to run as admin.Voila.Fixed.
Finally, if you believe EA's effort will offer something in the competition I think you are having high hopes.


I couldn't have said it better, the patch isn't that bad. Yes, it was harder to play, I have a hard time playing at All-Star level myself. It's harder to drive to the basket but it's not imposible, read the defense and exploit them by using moves and fakes. If you still cannot get through, don't be stubborn, find another way to score. Try more post game, in my opinion, using post moves is the easiest way to score in the game.
Missing open shots and layups is annoying, but you can't say that you've never missed open shots or never seen NBA players missed theirs as well. It's hard, but that's how things are in real life. Anyway, I really hope Live will come back with a bang. More great basketball games = WIN.
MrGrizzlie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:59 pm

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby tanazzz on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:50 am

That's not good.Good thing that you guys post the updates.You're my saviours :bowdown:
tanazzz
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:56 am

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Lagoa on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:10 am

Play Smart?

Cmon guys wake up! Patch is terrible for simulation...

Lebron James are STOPPED for Gilbert Arenas all the time with new patch....before, with same sliders, it´s not happend.... in real life, Gilbert stop Lebron?

It´s not about difficulty or challenge....cmon, i like simulation....if i play with Heat or Bulls i like to see monster defense for this teams...with Heat, Lebron and Wade need to be dominant....like real life.
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby tanazzz on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:17 am

It's really surreal when i do every single iso-motion move with Lebron/Wade/D Rose in 100 different combinations and a stupid defender like Arenas or Nate Robinson can hold me off the paint without even breaking a sweat.That's not simulation at all.And after all I want the game to be simulation-like but I also want to have fun.For me having to run plays on every single possession isn't fun.I'm not an nba player I'm on my couch in my living room.I want to dunk make crazy layups draw falls drill threes and ofcorse be challenged by the CPU but not annoyed and bored to death. :cool: Peace out.
tanazzz
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:56 am

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby carmelo on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:00 am

The patch destroys shoots, forget 3-pts, forget medium range shoots. Go to the basket for points in the paint or fouls, thats not realistic. In the pre patch gameplay you did't have to go in the basket you could free from your defender and shot, now 9/10 shoots are off so you have to go inside. Cpu do the same, prefers points in the paint from shoot.
User avatar
carmelo
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:56 am
Location: Hellas

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Lagoa on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:33 am

carmelo wrote:The patch destroys shoots, forget 3-pts, forget medium range shoots. Go to the basket for points in the paint or fouls, thats not realistic. In the pre patch gameplay you did't have to go in the basket you could free from your defender and shot, now 9/10 shoots are off so you have to go inside. Cpu do the same, prefers points in the paint from shoot.


Agree 100%.

I have a backup of my game without patch.... now, back to play this one again...
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby jwen on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:45 pm

I personally like the patch.. at first it seemed as though the cpu made a lot more shots then they missed, but it eventually evened out as the game progressed. Pre-patch when I played 8 minute quarters I averaged around 115-135 ppg, now the game play is much more realistic.
Image
User avatar
jwen
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:49 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby fear777 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:02 pm

tanazzz wrote:It's really surreal when i do every single iso-motion move with Lebron/Wade/D Rose in 100 different combinations and a stupid defender like Arenas or Nate Robinson can hold me off the paint without even breaking a sweat.That's not simulation at all.And after all I want the game to be simulation-like but I also want to have fun.For me having to run plays on every single possession isn't fun.I'm not an nba player I'm on my couch in my living room.I want to dunk make crazy layups draw falls drill threes and ofcorse be challenged by the CPU but not annoyed and bored to death. :cool: Peace out.


Where in real life/nba did you see Lebron doing hundreds of iso moves and getting past defenders all the time?Or do you think Lebron is THE ONE who can score anytime and drive whenever he wants in stale offense?What I'm saying is that on court there are 4 other team members that help the star players with their moves.
Also if you want to make all these crazy stuff you're writing about why don't you modify sliders?First time you complain about the game not being a sim, then you're talking about crazy layups, dunkfests and three point craziness.This really doesn't make sense.
Finally, you need to run plays with this year's game.In fact you must run plays if you want anything positive to happen in the offensive end.Even if you don't choose a play you need to set picks etc or else you'll be shut down by the cpu.
@ carmelo. You're being totally wrong.The patch improved post defense by cpu and created space for mid range game.Cpu PiP are spot on for most teams using Alby's rosters.Heat drive a lot,Orland shoot a lot from outside etc.
I'm not here to defend the patch or 2k but many complaints don't make sense.
fear777
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby fear777 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:16 pm

jwen wrote:I personally like the patch.. at first it seemed as though the cpu made a lot more shots then they missed, but it eventually evened out as the game progressed. Pre-patch when I played 8 minute quarters I averaged around 115-135 ppg, now the game play is much more realistic.


Game is designed to be played in 12 minutes quarters.Last night I was down 33-14 in the end of 1st quarter vs the Clippers (me Memphis).I was really mad.Clippers had outstanding FG%, they were destroying me with amazing pick 'n' roll moves and I was hopeless and angry.That resulted to bad decisions in offense and -19 could easily be -25.In 2nd quarter I tried to play smart, controlling the tempo and managed to finish the HT with only 10 points down (42-52).Finally I came up with a 3 points win after a great game in the second half.Patience is rewarded.A team can't shoot 65% or 67% all the quarters.Fouls,fatigue,D adaptation and many other factors will make an impact in the end.
fear777
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby carmelo on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:00 pm

fear777 wrote:
@ carmelo. You're being totally wrong.The patch improved post defense by cpu and created space for mid range game.Cpu PiP are spot on for most teams using Alby's rosters.Heat drive a lot,Orland shoot a lot from outside etc.
I'm not here to defend the patch or 2k but many complaints don't make sense.

I don't use Albys things, I use official roster and 2k's sliders simulation with 12min quarter. Use the official things and then we discuss again. I defend 2k but not the new patch. Its ridiculous 2k release a patch so that we enjoy the game using other roster or other sliders than official.
User avatar
carmelo
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:56 am
Location: Hellas

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby fear777 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:08 pm

carmelo wrote:
fear777 wrote:
@ carmelo. You're being totally wrong.The patch improved post defense by cpu and created space for mid range game.Cpu PiP are spot on for most teams using Alby's rosters.Heat drive a lot,Orland shoot a lot from outside etc.
I'm not here to defend the patch or 2k but many complaints don't make sense.

I don't use Albys things, I use official roster and 2k's sliders simulation with 12min quarter. Use the official things and then we discuss again. I defend 2k but not the new patch. Its ridiculous 2k release a patch so that we enjoy the game using other roster or other sliders than official.


Now I saw you're from Greece as me.
On topic, why are you using the official roster when there are available many rosters that improve the gameplay?2k's sim sliders need tweaking.Reduce cpu passing lanes, reduce hands and passing accuracy for cpu also.Custom rosters have changes in coach settings,profiles and plays that make the game more realistic.Don't rely on 2k's ability or will to fix all things.Game is fully moddable.Take advantage of this.
fear777
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby jwen on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:46 pm

fear777 wrote:Game is designed to be played in 12 minutes quarters.Last night I was down 33-14 in the end of 1st quarter vs the Clippers (me Memphis).I was really mad.Clippers had outstanding FG%, they were destroying me with amazing pick 'n' roll moves and I was hopeless and angry.That resulted to bad decisions in offense and -19 could easily be -25.In 2nd quarter I tried to play smart, controlling the tempo and managed to finish the HT with only 10 points down (42-52).Finally I came up with a 3 points win after a great game in the second half.Patience is rewarded.A team can't shoot 65% or 67% all the quarters.Fouls,fatigue,D adaptation and many other factors will make an impact in the end.


IDK if you was trying to prove my point or disagree with me but that is exactly what I was trying to point out. Averaging over 115 ppg game in 8 minute quarters is not realistic at all. So the patch fix that, now it's around 65 to 75 every single game. The pace of games a slow to a reasonable amount.
Image
User avatar
jwen
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:49 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Lagoa on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:35 am

Jwen,

Sorry man, but this is a Sliders issue.

I play on HOF (my sliders) and game without patch are perfect. I´m Heat and my team have 101.2 ppg....it´s perfect. With the patch it´s impossible to make more than 100pts here (with my sliders).

With patch my defense are monster.... opponents never shooting more than 40%. I dont like it.

Last night i´m back to 1.0 version and game showing great again.... I´m really quit the patch right now.
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby carmelo on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:20 am

fear777 wrote:
carmelo wrote:
fear777 wrote:
@ carmelo. You're being totally wrong.The patch improved post defense by cpu and created space for mid range game.Cpu PiP are spot on for most teams using Alby's rosters.Heat drive a lot,Orland shoot a lot from outside etc.
I'm not here to defend the patch or 2k but many complaints don't make sense.

I don't use Albys things, I use official roster and 2k's sliders simulation with 12min quarter. Use the official things and then we discuss again. I defend 2k but not the new patch. Its ridiculous 2k release a patch so that we enjoy the game using other roster or other sliders than official.


Now I saw you're from Greece as me.
On topic, why are you using the official roster when there are available many rosters that improve the gameplay?2k's sim sliders need tweaking.Reduce cpu passing lanes, reduce hands and passing accuracy for cpu also.Custom rosters have changes in coach settings,profiles and plays that make the game more realistic.Don't rely on 2k's ability or will to fix all things.Game is fully moddable.Take advantage of this.


So it depends what sliders you use. I prefer 2k's roster I don't like others. The gameplay without the patch was very very very realistic just adjusting the off and def rebounds.In 12 min q I and cpu score around 100ppg, 8-13 offensive rebounds and very realistic fg%. Now with the patch you must adjust off and def rebounds, shoots, hands ,passing accuracy, passing lanes.... etc. Thats why I don't like the patch according the gameplay. I need to spend time again to find the right sliders. I want the old gameplay and the online mode. But now if you want the online you don't have the old gameplay.
User avatar
carmelo
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:56 am
Location: Hellas

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Lagoa on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:35 am

Agree Carmelo.
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby carmelo on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:01 am

Anyway I must get used to it. I will find (again) my new personal sliders and I will surely enjoy the game again.
User avatar
carmelo
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:56 am
Location: Hellas

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby jay-r on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:07 am

Question about graphic settings in online games with NBA 2k12 PC version post patch:

Is it still impossible to play it on HIGH settings in online games ? I did run the benchmark, but still I get low/med graphics during online games..

pc:
MOBO: GA-P55A-UD4
CPU: i7-860 @4,11ghz (1,360v vcore) cooled by TR U-120 Extreme
RAM: Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 (2x2GB) @1960Mhz (7-7-5)
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB
HDD: WD VelociRaptor 300 GB
VGA: ASUS HD 7970 (1050/1450) cooled by Arctic Accelero Xtreme 7970
SOUND: Creative SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Xtreme Music
PSU: Zalman ZM850-HP
User avatar
jay-r
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:44 am

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:10 am

It might be - I've never been able to get online - but for those who could get online, that issue was there before the patch as well.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube Channel


Image
Thanks to TheDee for the signature!
User avatar
Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator
 
Posts: 88507
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby JaoSming on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:39 pm

After letting go of my fun arcade sliders and going back to the default ones, I gotta say I am liking the post-patch gameplay.
phpBB [video]

2K Modding Tutorials - My YouTube Channel

User avatar
JaoSming
Guru
Administrator
 
Posts: 29111
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Vermont

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Mizzou-Tigers on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:01 pm

how can i download this
Mizzou-Tigers
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:37 am

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby jay-r on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:25 pm

JaoSming wrote:After letting go of my fun arcade sliders and going back to the default ones, I gotta say I am liking the post-patch gameplay.


When you say default ones you mean Default or Simulation sliders ? And what Difficulty you play on? I prefer default simulation sliders with All Star difficulty!
User avatar
jay-r
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:44 am

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby carmelo on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:38 pm

jay-r wrote:
JaoSming wrote:After letting go of my fun arcade sliders and going back to the default ones, I gotta say I am liking the post-patch gameplay.


When you say default ones you mean Default or Simulation sliders ? And what Difficulty you play on? I prefer default simulation sliders with All Star difficulty!

I agree with you( simulation sliders and all-star difficulty, 12min), but off. rebounds are not enough. If I increase the off.rebounds slider the %fg drops down a lot.
User avatar
carmelo
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:56 am
Location: Hellas

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby JaoSming on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:45 pm

Mizzou-Tigers wrote:how can i download this

what version of the game do you have?

carmelo wrote:
jay-r wrote:
JaoSming wrote:After letting go of my fun arcade sliders and going back to the default ones, I gotta say I am liking the post-patch gameplay.


When you say default ones you mean Default or Simulation sliders ? And what Difficulty you play on? I prefer default simulation sliders with All Star difficulty!

I agree with you( simulation sliders and all-star difficulty, 12min), but off. rebounds are not enough. If I increase the off.rebounds slider the %fg drops down a lot.

Default default, HoF difficulty
phpBB [video]

2K Modding Tutorials - My YouTube Channel

User avatar
JaoSming
Guru
Administrator
 
Posts: 29111
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Vermont

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Kieran on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:13 am

I agree, new gameplay is absolutely terrible with the new patch. It's not about "play smarter" or whatever someone said, I constantly watch NBA basketball and understand the game deeply. I already play smart and at a high difficulty level. It's frustrating when what used to work no longer does. I box out and get great positions on the boards just like I always did but all of a sudden I'm getting out-rebounded even when I hold position. I use shot-stick timing for shooting just like I always have and all of a sudden my most deadly marksmen are missing wide open threes. Even isomotion doesn't seem to be as effective. I can't use post moves as effectively as before and my beasts in the paint just fall into blocked shots instead of muscling through to put up some kind of shot. I'm not seeing anything positive at all about this patch other than online uploads seem to be working again. I've begun tweaking my sliders until I rectify all the things I'm unhappy with but it's frustrating in the meantime.

Also, does anyone else have the problem where it doesn't remember your 2K ID when starting the game? I have to keep inputting it all upon game startup, just as if I had loaded it for the very first time.
User avatar
Kieran
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:31 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Kieran on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:16 am

carmelo wrote:The patch destroys shoots, forget 3-pts, forget medium range shoots. Go to the basket for points in the paint or fouls, thats not realistic. In the pre patch gameplay you did't have to go in the basket you could free from your defender and shot, now 9/10 shoots are off so you have to go inside. Cpu do the same, prefers points in the paint from shoot.


I agree, this is probably one of the most frustrating aspects.
User avatar
Kieran
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:31 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby MayhemMonkey on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:42 pm

Hey I recently bought 2K12 for PC from Amazon Digitial copy and can't find the patch . Any suggestions ?
Image
User avatar
MayhemMonkey
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:31 am
Location: B-Ham BAMA

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby vLad`osSs on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:40 am

Who can help me solve a problem with account? reply to e-mail, but nothing helps...
vLad`osSs
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:39 am

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:15 am

chok9 wrote:Didnt worked man! Still stuck on the Account thingy...

fear777 wrote:Post patch gameplay is incredible.Idk why you guys have problems.Play smart.Yes, cpu AI is harder with the patch but you need to run plays and study the opponent's weaknesses.I have already Def Awr and Off Awr at 100 for both user and cpu and it plays a wonderful game of bball in both ends.Having problems with passes?Reduce passing lanes for cpu somewhere at 25.Raise shooting fouls at 73.I'm using Alby's rosters and the stats are spot on in every area.So, saying nothing is fixed is a lie.Yes, team stats bug is not fixed.So what?Pass response is fixed,fast breaks are fixed (having tons of them with my players filling great the lanes all the way to the basket), D movement is great,offensive movement too, plays are now responsive and never break unlsess you want them to break, finally cpu is defending the post as it should, offensive rebounds number is increased (now having the slider at 90 or 100 gives you the magic number of 11-13 off rebs per game, trade logic is way better now.I even see more animations on the court.Yesterday I had my player diving for the ball and cpu running to him immidiately and grabbing it for a jump-ball.
Also, those of you having problems with the account screen showing every time at game launch, just set the nba2k12 executable to run as admin.Voila.Fixed.
Finally, if you believe EA's effort will offer something in the competition I think you are having high hopes.


Same here, switching to run as administrator didn't do squat. They need to fix this fast. !!
User avatar
Uncle Drew
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:47 pm
Location: The D and it's not Dallas

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:44 am

vLad`osSs wrote:Who can help me solve a problem with account? reply to e-mail, but nothing helps...


2K Support are the people to contact about that. If you're on Twitter, you could also try contacting Chris Manning (@LD2k).
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube Channel


Image
Thanks to TheDee for the signature!
User avatar
Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator
 
Posts: 88507
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby carmelo on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:24 am

JaoSming wrote:
Mizzou-Tigers wrote:how can i download this

what version of the game do you have?

carmelo wrote:
jay-r wrote:
JaoSming wrote:After letting go of my fun arcade sliders and going back to the default ones, I gotta say I am liking the post-patch gameplay.


When you say default ones you mean Default or Simulation sliders ? And what Difficulty you play on? I prefer default simulation sliders with All Star difficulty!

I agree with you( simulation sliders and all-star difficulty, 12min), but off. rebounds are not enough. If I increase the off.rebounds slider the %fg drops down a lot.

Default default, HoF difficulty

So what is your opinion. Which slider after official patch gives more simulation experience 2k's default or 2k's simulation?
User avatar
carmelo
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:56 am
Location: Hellas

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby JaoSming on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:56 am

I don't play basketball, I play video games :czar:


but seriously, I hate "sim", I want to have fun. I think me saying "After letting go of my fun arcade sliders" should have instilled that
phpBB [video]

2K Modding Tutorials - My YouTube Channel

User avatar
JaoSming
Guru
Administrator
 
Posts: 29111
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Vermont

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby fear777 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Pistol wrote:
chok9 wrote:Didnt worked man! Still stuck on the Account thingy...

fear777 wrote:Post patch gameplay is incredible.Idk why you guys have problems.Play smart.Yes, cpu AI is harder with the patch but you need to run plays and study the opponent's weaknesses.I have already Def Awr and Off Awr at 100 for both user and cpu and it plays a wonderful game of bball in both ends.Having problems with passes?Reduce passing lanes for cpu somewhere at 25.Raise shooting fouls at 73.I'm using Alby's rosters and the stats are spot on in every area.So, saying nothing is fixed is a lie.Yes, team stats bug is not fixed.So what?Pass response is fixed,fast breaks are fixed (having tons of them with my players filling great the lanes all the way to the basket), D movement is great,offensive movement too, plays are now responsive and never break unlsess you want them to break, finally cpu is defending the post as it should, offensive rebounds number is increased (now having the slider at 90 or 100 gives you the magic number of 11-13 off rebs per game, trade logic is way better now.I even see more animations on the court.Yesterday I had my player diving for the ball and cpu running to him immidiately and grabbing it for a jump-ball.
Also, those of you having problems with the account screen showing every time at game launch, just set the nba2k12 executable to run as admin.Voila.Fixed.
Finally, if you believe EA's effort will offer something in the competition I think you are having high hopes.


Same here, switching to run as administrator didn't do squat. They need to fix this fast. !!


Admin rights on exe works.If this method doesn't work for you block internet connetion of the game with your antivirus/internet security program.
fear777
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby rafal723 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Each one time I wanna play 2K12 (since patched) I've to insert game DVD. How to fix it ? (Before patched, it wasn't like that)
Sorry for my English. Linsanity (we remember)
"People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can't do it. You wanna something. Go get it ! Period." - Chris Gardner, Pursuit of Happyness
Image
Image
User avatar
rafal723
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:24 am

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:34 am

Have you installed the patch for the DVD-ROM version on a digital download copy?
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube Channel


Image
Thanks to TheDee for the signature!
User avatar
Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator
 
Posts: 88507
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby rafal723 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:37 pm

I installed patch from NLSC downloads & I've got DVD version. I've to insert disc every time I wanna play since then.
Sorry for my English. Linsanity (we remember)
"People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can't do it. You wanna something. Go get it ! Period." - Chris Gardner, Pursuit of Happyness
Image
Image
User avatar
rafal723
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:24 am

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:46 pm

Then there's no problem, the patch is working fine. Please also note at this time that discussion of No Disc cracks are against the Forum rules and are grounds for a ban; just a friendly reminder.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube Channel


Image
Thanks to TheDee for the signature!
User avatar
Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator
 
Posts: 88507
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby karlsanada10 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Patched version PC:

My Player:

Finished one season.

No signings or whatever happened.o.O I only play keygames so it simmed preseason. but wtf? Still the same roster as your previous seasonso.O
User avatar
karlsanada10
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Infernales on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:53 pm

Hmmmmm.....I'm sticking with the pre-patch... :D
Albys RR2 Roster with Albys RR3 sliders....Man, so realistic! Albys is spot on, specially with the Sixers gameplay.. Amazing!
User avatar
Infernales
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:51 pm
Location: Philly-Philly-Philly Baby!

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby rafal723 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Andrew wrote:Then there's no problem, the patch is working fine. Please also note at this time that discussion of No Disc cracks are against the Forum rules and are grounds for a ban; just a friendly reminder.


O.K but is it O.K. when I've put disc into every time ? Why wasn't it like that earlier ?
Sorry for my English. Linsanity (we remember)
"People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can't do it. You wanna something. Go get it ! Period." - Chris Gardner, Pursuit of Happyness
Image
Image
User avatar
rafal723
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:24 am

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Rim on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Finally i have fixed the problem with account creation every time i launch the game. If someone still have it then go to Options->load/save->load/save options and turn on autosave. Damn that was SO ANNOYING :D
Rim
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:13 am

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby nevermind12131 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Hey guys..

i have a problem since the patch everytime i want to play nba2k12 it says that my account expires... (but i already verified it)

so i cannot play my MY PLAYER and ASSOCIATION because it crashes to desktop...

Plese guys help me i've worked hard to be in the playoff with the wolves..!
Image
User avatar
nevermind12131
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:39 pm
Location: Republika Ng Pilipinas

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:09 am

The iOS version has received a new update (v1.4.3).

NBA 2K12 iOS Patch 1.4.3

  • The Roster Update from 3/16 is also available in this update for both iPad & iPhone.

Here are the official update notes:

iPad

  • You can now post Screenshots, Achievements, and more directly to Facebook and Twitter.
  • New “drive to the basket” control for the One Finger control scheme.
  • Airplay support added. Broadcast NBA 2K12 to your HDTV via Apple TV. (iPad 2 only)
  • Player names added to uniforms during cutscenes.
  • Cheerleaders and mascots added to the court.
  • Added animation for players on the bench. (iPad 2 only)

iPhone

  • You can now post Screenshots, Achievements, and more directly to Facebook and Twitter.
  • New “drive to the basket” control for the One Finger control scheme.
  • Airplay support added. Broadcast NBA 2K12 to your HDTV via Apple TV. (iPad 2 and iPhone 4S only)
  • Player names added to uniforms during cutscenes.
  • Cheerleaders and mascots added to the court.
  • Added animation for players on the bench. (iPad 2 and iPhone 4S only)
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube Channel


Image
Thanks to TheDee for the signature!
User avatar
Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator
 
Posts: 88507
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby AreaOfEffect on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:25 pm

The xbox 360 and ps3 reviews of the patch said it improved the gameplay. Why is it different on pc?
AreaOfEffect
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests