Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressions

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Lagoa on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:30 am

Hate the patch here.... destroys realistic gameplay here...

I have a backup for a non installer patch, but if i use it, no more online...

God, 2k made a terrible work this year.
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby carmelo on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Lagoa wrote:Hate the patch here.... destroys realistic gameplay here...

I have a backup for a non installer patch, but if i use it, no more online...

God, 2k made a terrible work this year.

I agree. I like better the gameplay before. We want a patch for this patch or we want 2k remove the gameplay of this patch without loosing online.
carmelo

Postby rotchild on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:08 pm

I haven't read a single positive comment about this patch. Typical 2k... what a shame.
rotchild

Postby gogadantes on Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:07 pm

rotchild wrote:I haven't read a single positive comment about this patch. Typical 2k... what a shame.

:evil: I feel the same way. Ugh. Lucky I always look around for feedback online before installing any game patch. Definitely won't be installing this one then.
So basically after a LONG wait, nothing is fixed. :cry: I really hope NBA Live comes back next year so 2KSports can get some competition. Seems they've grown lazy from their success, which ironically was the case with EA with Live.
gogadantes

Postby fear777 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Post patch gameplay is incredible.Idk why you guys have problems.Play smart.Yes, cpu AI is harder with the patch but you need to run plays and study the opponent's weaknesses.I have already Def Awr and Off Awr at 100 for both user and cpu and it plays a wonderful game of bball in both ends.Having problems with passes?Reduce passing lanes for cpu somewhere at 25.Raise shooting fouls at 73.I'm using Alby's rosters and the stats are spot on in every area.So, saying nothing is fixed is a lie.Yes, team stats bug is not fixed.So what?Pass response is fixed,fast breaks are fixed (having tons of them with my players filling great the lanes all the way to the basket), D movement is great,offensive movement too, plays are now responsive and never break unlsess you want them to break, finally cpu is defending the post as it should, offensive rebounds number is increased (now having the slider at 90 or 100 gives you the magic number of 11-13 off rebs per game, trade logic is way better now.I even see more animations on the court.Yesterday I had my player diving for the ball and cpu running to him immidiately and grabbing it for a jump-ball.
Also, those of you having problems with the account screen showing every time at game launch, just set the nba2k12 executable to run as admin.Voila.Fixed.
Finally, if you believe EA's effort will offer something in the competition I think you are having high hopes.
fear777

Postby chok9 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Didnt worked man! Still stuck on the Account thingy...

fear777 wrote:Post patch gameplay is incredible.Idk why you guys have problems.Play smart.Yes, cpu AI is harder with the patch but you need to run plays and study the opponent's weaknesses.I have already Def Awr and Off Awr at 100 for both user and cpu and it plays a wonderful game of bball in both ends.Having problems with passes?Reduce passing lanes for cpu somewhere at 25.Raise shooting fouls at 73.I'm using Alby's rosters and the stats are spot on in every area.So, saying nothing is fixed is a lie.Yes, team stats bug is not fixed.So what?Pass response is fixed,fast breaks are fixed (having tons of them with my players filling great the lanes all the way to the basket), D movement is great,offensive movement too, plays are now responsive and never break unlsess you want them to break, finally cpu is defending the post as it should, offensive rebounds number is increased (now having the slider at 90 or 100 gives you the magic number of 11-13 off rebs per game, trade logic is way better now.I even see more animations on the court.Yesterday I had my player diving for the ball and cpu running to him immidiately and grabbing it for a jump-ball.
Also, those of you having problems with the account screen showing every time at game launch, just set the nba2k12 executable to run as admin.Voila.Fixed.
Finally, if you believe EA's effort will offer something in the competition I think you are having high hopes.
chok9

Postby carmelo on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:06 pm

fear777 wrote:Post patch gameplay is incredible.Idk why you guys have problems.Play smart.Yes, cpu AI is harder with the patch but you need to run plays and study the opponent's weaknesses.I have already Def Awr and Off Awr at 100 for both user and cpu and it plays a wonderful game of bball in both ends.Having problems with passes?Reduce passing lanes for cpu somewhere at 25.Raise shooting fouls at 73.I'm using Alby's rosters and the stats are spot on in every area.So, saying nothing is fixed is a lie.Yes, team stats bug is not fixed.So what?Pass response is fixed,fast breaks are fixed (having tons of them with my players filling great the lanes all the way to the basket), D movement is great,offensive movement too, plays are now responsive and never break unlsess you want them to break, finally cpu is defending the post as it should, offensive rebounds number is increased (now having the slider at 90 or 100 gives you the magic number of 11-13 off rebs per game, trade logic is way better now.I even see more animations on the court.Yesterday I had my player diving for the ball and cpu running to him immidiately and grabbing it for a jump-ball.

I believe that NBA2k12 is the best sport game I've ever played, but I don't Like the new patch gameplay. I used the 2k's official simulation sliders with offensive rebounds to 90 and def. to 10 (both cpu/user) and I have very realistic games before the patch with 8-13 off. rebounds. I don't want to believe that 2k releases this patch to improve the game using only Albys things. Now I use 2k's simulation sliders and the cpu contest shoot is too hard. They destroy the medium range shoot. Even if you have an A shooter and you are alone, the cpu sprint like hell and denies the shoot. I want the old best-for-me gameplay and the online. I agree that EA's games aren't compared with 2ks.
carmelo

Postby MrGrizzlie on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:21 pm

I couldn't have said it better, the patch isn't that bad. Yes, it was harder to play, I have a hard time playing at All-Star level myself. It's harder to drive to the basket but it's not imposible, read the defense and exploit them by using moves and fakes. If you still cannot get through, don't be stubborn, find another way to score. Try more post game, in my opinion, using post moves is the easiest way to score in the game.
Missing open shots and layups is annoying, but you can't say that you've never missed open shots or never seen NBA players missed theirs as well. It's hard, but that's how things are in real life. Anyway, I really hope Live will come back with a bang. More great basketball games = WIN.
MrGrizzlie

Postby tanazzz on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:50 am

That's not good.Good thing that you guys post the updates.You're my saviours :bowdown:
tanazzz

Postby Lagoa on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:10 am

Play Smart?

Cmon guys wake up! Patch is terrible for simulation...

Lebron James are STOPPED for Gilbert Arenas all the time with new patch....before, with same sliders, it´s not happend.... in real life, Gilbert stop Lebron?

It´s not about difficulty or challenge....cmon, i like simulation....if i play with Heat or Bulls i like to see monster defense for this teams...with Heat, Lebron and Wade need to be dominant....like real life.

Lagoa

Postby tanazzz on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:17 am

It's really surreal when i do every single iso-motion move with Lebron/Wade/D Rose in 100 different combinations and a stupid defender like Arenas or Nate Robinson can hold me off the paint without even breaking a sweat.That's not simulation at all.And after all I want the game to be simulation-like but I also want to have fun.For me having to run plays on every single possession isn't fun.I'm not an nba player I'm on my couch in my living room.I want to dunk make crazy layups draw falls drill threes and ofcorse be challenged by the CPU but not annoyed and bored to death. :cool: Peace out.
tanazzz

Postby carmelo on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:00 am

The patch destroys shoots, forget 3-pts, forget medium range shoots. Go to the basket for points in the paint or fouls, thats not realistic. In the pre patch gameplay you did't have to go in the basket you could free from your defender and shot, now 9/10 shoots are off so you have to go inside. Cpu do the same, prefers points in the paint from shoot.
carmelo

Postby Lagoa on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:33 am

carmelo wrote:The patch destroys shoots, forget 3-pts, forget medium range shoots. Go to the basket for points in the paint or fouls, thats not realistic. In the pre patch gameplay you did't have to go in the basket you could free from your defender and shot, now 9/10 shoots are off so you have to go inside. Cpu do the same, prefers points in the paint from shoot.

Agree 100%.

I have a backup of my game without patch.... now, back to play this one again...

Lagoa

Postby jwen on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:45 pm

I personally like the patch.. at first it seemed as though the cpu made a lot more shots then they missed, but it eventually evened out as the game progressed. Pre-patch when I played 8 minute quarters I averaged around 115-135 ppg, now the game play is much more realistic.
jwen

Postby fear777 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:02 pm

tanazzz wrote:It's really surreal when i do every single iso-motion move with Lebron/Wade/D Rose in 100 different combinations and a stupid defender like Arenas or Nate Robinson can hold me off the paint without even breaking a sweat.That's not simulation at all.And after all I want the game to be simulation-like but I also want to have fun.For me having to run plays on every single possession isn't fun.I'm not an nba player I'm on my couch in my living room.I want to dunk make crazy layups draw falls drill threes and ofcorse be challenged by the CPU but not annoyed and bored to death. :cool: Peace out.

Where in real life/nba did you see Lebron doing hundreds of iso moves and getting past defenders all the time?Or do you think Lebron is THE ONE who can score anytime and drive whenever he wants in stale offense?What I'm saying is that on court there are 4 other team members that help the star players with their moves.
Also if you want to make all these crazy stuff you're writing about why don't you modify sliders?First time you complain about the game not being a sim, then you're talking about crazy layups, dunkfests and three point craziness.This really doesn't make sense.
Finally, you need to run plays with this year's game.In fact you must run plays if you want anything positive to happen in the offensive end.Even if you don't choose a play you need to set picks etc or else you'll be shut down by the cpu.
@ carmelo. You're being totally wrong.The patch improved post defense by cpu and created space for mid range game.Cpu PiP are spot on for most teams using Alby's rosters.Heat drive a lot,Orland shoot a lot from outside etc.
I'm not here to defend the patch or 2k but many complaints don't make sense.
fear777

Postby fear777 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:16 pm

jwen wrote:I personally like the patch.. at first it seemed as though the cpu made a lot more shots then they missed, but it eventually evened out as the game progressed. Pre-patch when I played 8 minute quarters I averaged around 115-135 ppg, now the game play is much more realistic.

Game is designed to be played in 12 minutes quarters.Last night I was down 33-14 in the end of 1st quarter vs the Clippers (me Memphis).I was really mad.Clippers had outstanding FG%, they were destroying me with amazing pick 'n' roll moves and I was hopeless and angry.That resulted to bad decisions in offense and -19 could easily be -25.In 2nd quarter I tried to play smart, controlling the tempo and managed to finish the HT with only 10 points down (42-52).Finally I came up with a 3 points win after a great game in the second half.Patience is rewarded.A team can't shoot 65% or 67% all the quarters.Fouls,fatigue,D adaptation and many other factors will make an impact in the end.
fear777

Postby carmelo on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:00 pm

fear777 wrote:
@ carmelo. You're being totally wrong.The patch improved post defense by cpu and created space for mid range game.Cpu PiP are spot on for most teams using Alby's rosters.Heat drive a lot,Orland shoot a lot from outside etc.

I don't use Albys things, I use official roster and 2k's sliders simulation with 12min quarter. Use the official things and then we discuss again. I defend 2k but not the new patch. Its ridiculous 2k release a patch so that we enjoy the game using other roster or other sliders than official.
carmelo

Postby fear777 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:08 pm

carmelo wrote:
fear777 wrote:

I don't use Albys things, I use official roster and 2k's sliders simulation with 12min quarter. Use the official things and then we discuss again. I defend 2k but not the new patch. Its ridiculous 2k release a patch so that we enjoy the game using other roster or other sliders than official.

Now I saw you're from Greece as me.
On topic, why are you using the official roster when there are available many rosters that improve the gameplay?2k's sim sliders need tweaking.Reduce cpu passing lanes, reduce hands and passing accuracy for cpu also.Custom rosters have changes in coach settings,profiles and plays that make the game more realistic.Don't rely on 2k's ability or will to fix all things.Game is fully moddable.Take advantage of this.
fear777

Postby jwen on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:46 pm

fear777 wrote:Game is designed to be played in 12 minutes quarters.Last night I was down 33-14 in the end of 1st quarter vs the Clippers (me Memphis).I was really mad.Clippers had outstanding FG%, they were destroying me with amazing pick 'n' roll moves and I was hopeless and angry.That resulted to bad decisions in offense and -19 could easily be -25.In 2nd quarter I tried to play smart, controlling the tempo and managed to finish the HT with only 10 points down (42-52).Finally I came up with a 3 points win after a great game in the second half.Patience is rewarded.A team can't shoot 65% or 67% all the quarters.Fouls,fatigue,D adaptation and many other factors will make an impact in the end.

IDK if you was trying to prove my point or disagree with me but that is exactly what I was trying to point out. Averaging over 115 ppg game in 8 minute quarters is not realistic at all. So the patch fix that, now it's around 65 to 75 every single game. The pace of games a slow to a reasonable amount.
jwen

Postby Lagoa on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:35 am

Jwen,

Sorry man, but this is a Sliders issue.

I play on HOF (my sliders) and game without patch are perfect. I´m Heat and my team have 101.2 ppg....it´s perfect. With the patch it´s impossible to make more than 100pts here (with my sliders).

With patch my defense are monster.... opponents never shooting more than 40%. I dont like it.

Last night i´m back to 1.0 version and game showing great again.... I´m really quit the patch right now.

Lagoa

Postby carmelo on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:20 am

fear777 wrote:
carmelo wrote:
fear777 wrote:

Now I saw you're from Greece as me.
On topic, why are you using the official roster when there are available many rosters that improve the gameplay?2k's sim sliders need tweaking.Reduce cpu passing lanes, reduce hands and passing accuracy for cpu also.Custom rosters have changes in coach settings,profiles and plays that make the game more realistic.Don't rely on 2k's ability or will to fix all things.Game is fully moddable.Take advantage of this.

So it depends what sliders you use. I prefer 2k's roster I don't like others. The gameplay without the patch was very very very realistic just adjusting the off and def rebounds.In 12 min q I and cpu score around 100ppg, 8-13 offensive rebounds and very realistic fg%. Now with the patch you must adjust off and def rebounds, shoots, hands ,passing accuracy, passing lanes.... etc. Thats why I don't like the patch according the gameplay. I need to spend time again to find the right sliders. I want the old gameplay and the online mode. But now if you want the online you don't have the old gameplay.
carmelo

Postby Lagoa on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:35 am

Agree Carmelo.

Lagoa

Postby carmelo on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:01 am

Anyway I must get used to it. I will find (again) my new personal sliders and I will surely enjoy the game again.
carmelo

Postby jay-r on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:07 am

Question about graphic settings in online games with NBA 2k12 PC version post patch:

Is it still impossible to play it on HIGH settings in online games ? I did run the benchmark, but still I get low/med graphics during online games..

pc:
MOBO: GA-P55A-UD4
CPU: i7-860 @4,11ghz (1,360v vcore) cooled by TR U-120 Extreme
RAM: Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 (2x2GB) @1960Mhz (7-7-5)
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB
HDD: WD VelociRaptor 300 GB
VGA: ASUS HD 7970 (1050/1450) cooled by Arctic Accelero Xtreme 7970
SOUND: Creative SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Xtreme Music
PSU: Zalman ZM850-HP
jay-r

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:10 am

It might be - I've never been able to get online - but for those who could get online, that issue was there before the patch as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12